Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$97.44
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
The Forbidden Kingdom (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Old 01-21-2014, 03:55 AM   #261
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

COMING SOON:

Pro-B
Old 01-22-2014, 03:05 AM   #262

Nov 2010
Southern California, USA

Any news on when they might release Hitchcock's Jamaica Inn?
Old 01-22-2014, 05:39 AM   #263
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyHitchFan View Post
Any news on when they might release Hitchcock's Jamaica Inn?
Nope, there's no indication that they've begun a restoration yet
Old 01-27-2014, 10:39 PM   #264
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

The Prey Blu-ray REVIEW

Pro-B
Old 01-28-2014, 07:26 AM   #265

Sep 2010
Royal Wootton Bassett, UK

I finally got a reply from Cohen regarding the ultra-rare Jet Storm with Richard Attenborough. They confirm that they are going to release this film on BD but the date is uncertain - "sometime in 2015".
Old 02-21-2014, 09:15 PM   #266
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

NEWS/TRAILER
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=13290

Quote:
Cohen Media Group has detailed the Blu-ray release of filmmaker Craig Lahiff's Swerve (2011), which stars Jason Clarke, David Lyons, Emma Booth and Travis McMahon. The modern noir thriller arrives on Blu-ray on March 18th.

Official Synopsis: While driving cross-country to a job interview, Colin (Lyons) witnesses a two-car crash that leaves one driver decapitated. The good-hearted Colin pulls a beautiful and mysterious young woman, Jina (Booth), from the wreckage, along with a suitcase full of money. But soon he becomes entangled with two men: a crooked local cop (Clarke) that happens to be Jina's very jealous husband and a murderous thug (McMahon) who's after the cash. The suspense and action build in this gripping thriller set in the breathtaking but unforgiving Australian outback.

The Blu-ray edition of Swerve is presented in 1080p with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround. Bonus content includes:

Interviews with the Cast & Crew
Theatrical Trailer
Pro-B
Old 02-21-2014, 11:14 PM   #267
Expert Member

Feb 2013
WV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
Never heard of it, but it sounds interesting!
My Criterion List
BD Wish List:
Complete Mr. Moto Boxed Set, Complete Charlie Chan Boxed Set, Mr Wong (Karloff) Set.
BD Guilty Pleasure Wish List:
Masters of Menace, Jerky Boys, Bullseye!, S*P*Y*S, The Best of Times, Windy City Heat
Criterion Upgrades Wanted
Hopscotch, Thieves' Highway, Night Train to Munich
Old 02-21-2014, 11:19 PM   #268
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012
Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
Hmmm...

This has "quality neo-noir" written all over it.

I'll need to find out more about it before diving in, but I like what I just read.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:59 AM   #269
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

The Inspector Lavardin Collection Blu-ray

NEWS
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=13310

Quote:
The Cohen Media Group will bring to Blu-ray two classic thrillers directed by Claude Chabrol: Cop Au Vin a.k.a Chicken With Vinegar (1985), starring Jean Poiret, Stéphane Audran, Michel Bouquet, and Lucas Belvaux, and Inspector Lavardin (1986), starring Jean Poiret, Jean-Claude Brialy, and Bernadette Lafont. The two films, which will be part of The Inspector Lavardin Collection, will be available for purchase on April 22.

Chicken With Vinegar

Stéphane Audran plays a cruel, wheelchair-bound invalid who bullies her teenaged son Louis (Lucas Belvaux) into abject obedience. The pair is threatened by a conniving trio of "upright citizens" that want to buy her property as part of a deal for a lucrative development project. However, the two eccentrics, who are given to reading everyone's mail before it is delivered, won't sell. With townsfolk dropping off left and right in a series of gruesome murders, it requires the deceptively charming Inspector Lavardin (Jean Poiret) to get to the bottom of it all.

Inspector Lavardin

Jean Poiret returns as the remarkably urbane detective from Cop Au Vin. This time he arrives at a cozy, seaside village to investigate the bizarre murder of a eminent Catholic author. A "pillar" of society, the writer is found dead by the shore, the word 'pig' scrawled across his naked body with lipstick and a huge stab wound in his back. The usually cool sleuth is shaken when he discovers that the victim's window is none other than his old flame. Stylish and charming, with lighthearted jabs at bourgeois conventions, Inspecteur Lavardin is a first-rate thriller from master film-maker Claude Chabrol.
Pro-B
Old 02-22-2014, 04:03 AM   #270
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

COHEN MEDIA ACQUIRES LIBERTADOR

Quote:
Cohen Media Group has acquired North American distribution rights to Simon Bolivar biopic “Libertador,” starring Venezuelan native Edgar Ramirez (Olivier Assayas' Carlos), from Mundial, the joint venture between IM Global and Canana.

Polar Star has South American rights.

Producers are Ana Loehnert, Winfried Hammacher and Alberto Arvelo, who directed from a screenplay by Timothy J. Sexton (“Children of Men”). Maria Valverde, Danny Huston (“American Horror Story”) and Iwan Rheon (“Game of Thrones”) co-star. The score is by Venezuelan composer and Los Angeles Philharmonic conductor Gustavo Dudamel.
Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 02-22-2014 at 04:05 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:33 AM   #271
Special Member

Feb 2012
Canada

I like the two Chabrols I've seen enough to pick that set up.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:08 PM   #272

Sep 2013

Those Chabrols are definitely enjoyable, but his earlier work is much better. I'd love to see "Le Boucher", "Que la bête meure" or "La Rupture" on Blu-ray. But anyway, it's great to see more of his work coming out in high definition!
Old 02-25-2014, 07:05 PM   #273
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008

Cohen will be releasing a 35th Anniversary Edition of Ken Loach's Black Jack on April 8th. It won the Critics' Prize in Cannes back in 1979 and, more recently, Wes Anderson has named it as one of the main influences on Moonrise Kingdom.

Last edited by Yami; 02-25-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:17 PM   #274
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012
Georgia

The Cohen Media Blu-ray of D.W. Griffith's Intolerance is pretty amazing.

It admittedly took me quite a while to become engaged in the story, but I fell into the groove around the halfway point, and was glued to the screen during the final half. The set pieces, especially with the Babylon story, are astonishing in their scale.

I may not re-watch Intolerance as much as I revisit my James Bond movies, my Hitchcock movies, or my film noirs, but this Blu-ray is a beautiful edition to my collection, and I will be returning to it from time to time.

The Blu-ray of Intolerance includes a trailer for Prey. I had never given much thought to Prey here on this thread, but the trailer makes it look like a solid action film. I'll have to keep this one in mind when sales roll around.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:41 PM   #275
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Germany

liked the second half of intolerance much more as well. but not so sure if i will ever revisit this movie.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:50 PM   #276
Expert Member

Feb 2013
WV

I just started The Thief of Bagdad, and so far it's interesting. It has some cool effects for a movie that's 90 years old, I'm about 45 minutes in and I think it's about to pick up the pace and really start hitting the fantasy/adventure aspects hard, can't wait!

EDIT

Finished. Quite an enjoyable film. I felt like the ending was a little rushed and the movie seemed to spend more than half of it just setting the stage for the adventure portion, I would've liked to have had another 10-15 minutes to resolve the
[Show spoiler]city siege
but otherwise no other complaints.
My Criterion List
BD Wish List:
Complete Mr. Moto Boxed Set, Complete Charlie Chan Boxed Set, Mr Wong (Karloff) Set.
BD Guilty Pleasure Wish List:
Masters of Menace, Jerky Boys, Bullseye!, S*P*Y*S, The Best of Times, Windy City Heat
Criterion Upgrades Wanted
Hopscotch, Thieves' Highway, Night Train to Munich

Last edited by smoss469; 03-03-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:00 PM   #277
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Pro-B
Old 03-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #278
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

NEWS/TRAILER
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=13417

Quote:

Two Costa-Gavras Films Heading to Blu-ray

The Cohen Media Group has revealed that it plans to add to its Blu-ray catalog two films directed by acclaimed filmmaker Costa-Gavras: Amen. (2002), starring Ulrich Tukur, Mathieu Kassovitz, Ulrich Mühe, and Sebastian Koch, and Capital (2012), starring Gad Elmaleh, Gabriel Byrne, Liya Kebede, Hippolyte Girardot, and Natacha Régnier. The two releases are expected to arrive on the U.S. market on June 10th.

Amen.

When newly-commissioned SS Lieutenant Kurt Gerstein (Ulrich Tukur) witnesses the chemical disinfectant he's helped perfect being used to systematically murder interred Jews, he has no choice but to act. The only sympathetic ear Gerstein is able to find is that of a young Father Riccardo (Amelie's Mathieu Kassovitz), a priest with deep ties to the Vatican. While Riccardo takes on the obstructive Vatican hierarchy, Gerstein must walk a tightrope between documenting and enabling the atrocities his fellow SS officers cold-bloodedly commit. As the two unlikely allies fight to reveal the truth to the Church and the world, they discover that the fates of a man of conscience committing treason for the sake of humanity and a man of God committing heresy to thwart genocide are ultimately the same.

Costa-Gavras reveals the heroism and deceit surrounding the Vatican's response to the Holocaust with both suspenseful urgency and cool detachment, underscoring the disturbing gray areas of character that tolerated the Nazi atrocities that Gerstein and Riccardo beseech the Vatican to condemn. Without sanctimoniousness, the bitter ironies and hollow victories that are at the heart of Amen. incriminate the Nazis, the Church and ultimately humanity itself.

Capital

From legendary Academy Award-winning writer/director Costa-Gavras (Missing, Z) comes Capital, a fast-paced, darkly comic, suspenseful drama set in the high stakes world of global finance.

When the CEO of France's Phenix Bank collapses on the golf course, Machiavellian young executive Marc Tourneuil (Gad Elmaleh, Midnight in Paris) is crowned as his replacement. A whirlwind of ruthless ambition, power struggles, greed and deception ensues as Tourneuil's brutal ascent is jeopardized by a hostile takeover attempt from a large American hedge fund led by Dittmar Rigule (Gabriel Byrne, Vikings, In Treatment), erotic distractions from international supermodel Nassim (Liya Kebede), and adversaries with an agenda for destruction.

Capital is a pointed commentary on how the Darwinian world of contemporary capitalism plays itself out across the global financial stage. Based on the book Le Capital by Stéphane Osmont, the film is directed by Costa-Gavras and written by Costa-Gavras, Jean-Claude Grumberg and Karim Boukercha.
Pro-B
Old 03-06-2014, 08:16 PM   #279
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

NEWS
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=13399

Quote:
The Cohen Media Group has revealed that it plans to bring to Blu-ray acclaimed French director Claude Chabrol's Au coeur du mensonge a.k.a. The Color of Lies (1999), starring Sandrine Bonnaire, Jacques Gamblin, Antoine de Caunes, Bulle Ogier, and Valeria Bruni Tedeschi. The release will be available for purchase on May 27th.

Official synopsis: In a little village in Brittany, a 10 year old girl is found murdered. René, an artist by profession and the girl's art teacher, is the last person to have seen her and he is immediately questioned by the police inspector in charge of the enquiry. In this little provincial village where everyone knows one another, René soon becomes the primary suspect in the eyes of his neighbors. The suspicion threatens to destroy his life and marriage.
Pro-B
Old 03-25-2014, 03:10 PM   #280
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Leeds, England

Cohen are releasing Abbas Kiarostami's The Wind Will Carry Us later in the year.

Source

Quote:
Thanks to a partnership with Cohen Media who will be releasing The Wind Will Carry Us on BluRay later this year, this lecture will be a taped interview with Abbas Kiarostami led by Richard Peña, Director Emeritus of the New York Film Festival and Professor of Film Studies at Columbia University. The interview will be included as a 'bonus feature' on that upcoming BluRay release.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors