Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
The Vincent Price Collection II (Blu-ray)
$50.32
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$92.39
Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist (Blu-ray)
$17.29
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 01-22-2013, 12:23 AM   #101
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
AMITY ISLAND

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokrman14 View Post
Why is Hollywood pushing 3D so much? Disney finally figured it out by cancelling its re-release of Little Mermaid on 3D. Haven't they figured out that 3D is purely a gimmick that "almost" no one likes. I haven't posted on this forum in a really long time; but I couldnt help myself with this little rant.

No one wants to wear glasses!
No one wants to get dizzy!
No one wants aching eyes!

The only reason people buy 3D TV's is because it happens to be included in the TV they want. I bet if you put identical TV's in 3D and non 3D on the market and charged a little less for the other identical TV, practically no one would pay for it, hence the low penetration rate of 3D blurays.

Sorry for my rant, but thanks for reading. Go ahead and bash for those few who enjoy 3D.
So who appointed you official spokesperson for Everyone.
I love 3D and have no problem with wearing the 3D glasses.
I don't ever get dizzy from 3D
and I dont ever get aching eyes.
But hey your official Movie audience spokesperson, So I must be wrong.
WJWS AMITY The Station that plays the Hits!
Old 01-22-2013, 05:51 AM   #102
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia

I find that I fart more regularly when watching 3D. The whole room stinks and it is very unpleasant for all involved. But the doctor says it's very healthy, and effects 99% of 3D viewers. Will the format succeed? Will people accept the health benefit if it means many hours in smelly theaters? Only time will tell...
Old 01-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #103

Oct 2011
St. Louis

How popular is 3D....popular enough that people come to forums to discuss it that claim to not like the format. Eleven of the top twenty highest grossing films of 2012 where in the 3D format.

I love 3D, watching movies in 3D is awesome. To me it is no more a gimmick than CGI is. No more a gimmick than when color was introduced over b&w. It's a technology made to make movies more satisfying. 3D makes movie watching more engrossing. I really don't know how anyone could NOT want to watch movies in 3D.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #104

Jan 2009
Liverpool New York

I was never a fan of 3D untill i bought a LED for my bedroom.I didnt buy it for the 3D but it was on it and the price was great.After watching a few BluRays in 3D for shits and giggles i fell in love with the concept.My particular TV-Samsung 50 Inch came with great glasses and i really try to watch my movies in bluray when i can.Im pretty sure at 45 years old im not the target demographic theyre shooting for but i think its pretty great.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #105
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Missouri, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPWYANKEE View Post
I was never a fan of 3D untill i bought a LED for my bedroom.I didnt buy it for the 3D but it was on it and the price was great.After watching a few BluRays in 3D for shits and giggles i fell in love with the concept.My particular TV-Samsung 50 Inch came with great glasses and i really try to watch my movies in bluray when i can.Im pretty sure at 45 years old im not the target demographic theyre shooting for but i think its pretty great.
My mother is 48, her husband is early 60's - they have a 55in LED 3D mounted on the wall. Same deal, bought it at America's here in Saint Louis when they were going out of business and the 3d came with it, ironically after they discovered it was part of the TV neither had an interest in seeing anything 3D.

I brought over my 3dBR player and we watched a couple IMAX documentaries.

They now LOVE their 3D tv
Old 01-23-2013, 12:05 AM   #106
Special Member

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
Um,Titanic 3D did extremely well,Cameron himself said that Fox were more than satisfied with the gross.Also,$25 million isn't a 'problem when you're talking 300 million worldwide.

So? Every other week 2-3 new 3D productions,releases get announced,and Jurassic Park will do very well.
Hmmm, considering Universal announced the 3D Blu-ray for April 23rd, I guess they're really psyched about it's theatrical prospects. Just like Paramount with Top Gun.

fitprod
Old 01-23-2013, 01:10 AM   #107
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
Camp Crystal Lake
Send a message via Skype™ to MovieFanatic2010

I just watched Prometheus 3D and now i have a friggin head ache plus my dam eyes are burning and i had to wear glasses for over 2 hours so my nose is bleeding and also my left arm fell off which caused me to spill my drink.....Never ever again will i watch a 3D movie...... I'm so pissed off now
BASEMENT HOME THEATER - EPSON 5030UB 2D/3D PROJECTOR W/ 100" ELITE SCREEN - RECEIVER - HARMON KARDON 1710 7.2
FRONT SPEAKERS - INFINITY PRIMUS P363 CENTER SPEAKER INFINITY PRIMUS PC351 - SIDES AND REARS POLK AUDIO 30'S + 40'S
SUBWOOFERS PREMIER ACOUSTIC PA-120 650 WATT TITANIUM + POLK AUDIO PSW110
BASS SHAKERS BASH 500 WATT AMP + 2 CLARK TRANSDUCERS
BEDROOM DISPLAY - PANASONIC VIERA TC-P60UT50 60 -INCH 3D PLASMA

Last edited by MovieFanatic2010; 01-23-2013 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:13 AM   #108
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Missouri, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitprod View Post
Hmmm, considering Universal announced the 3D Blu-ray for April 23rd, I guess they're really psyched about it's theatrical prospects. Just like Paramount with Top Gun.

fitprod
Top Gun went direct to BR3D because the director committed suicide, the sequel was canned and they felt it was the most respectful way to deliver the completed conversion, not because Paramount decided 3d is a dead end.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:16 AM   #109

Nov 2010
Hove,UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitprod View Post

fitprod
Nope,it's a different Marketplace,simple.Simultaneous releases can make sense,why not fire on all cylinders while you have the publics marketing attention.Not just a cost-saving exercise but also viable economically.
3D is here to stay,get used to it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies