Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Here Comes the Devil (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning / The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.96
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Old 02-22-2014, 08:19 PM   #941

May 2010

I preordered this last night. As some of you have said, it's probably the same transfer but I would rather have it preordered just in case they spruce up the transfer and extras. If not, I just cancel. I'm doing the same with the re-release of White Zombie as well.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:37 PM   #942

Oct 2013
Canada

Wait, so there are currently two Evil Dead editions on Blu-ray? Limited and not? I see that Blu-ray.com has only reviewed one. What's the difference?
Old 02-22-2014, 11:43 PM   #943
Power Member

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.ylo View Post
Wait, so there are currently two Evil Dead editions on Blu-ray? Limited and not? I see that Blu-ray.com has only reviewed one. What's the difference?

One has a DVD of extras and the other is the Blu-ray Disc only.
"My boys are 8, 10 and 12 and never saw the SE editons or the PT until I had ingrained in them the UOT over and over again and again. They do not like the PT nor the SE editions at all to this day." -LAdodgers
Old 02-23-2014, 10:19 AM   #944

Nov 2011
NJ, USA

The two-disc set has a green band going across the top; otherwise the cover looks identical.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:31 AM   #945
Special Member

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruAskew View Post
One has a DVD of extras and the other is the Blu-ray Disc only.
Extras you can get from many of the old DVDs. I have the limited edition and honestly you could just buy the regular edition and one of the dvd sets and you will save tons of money.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #946

Jan 2013
Washington, DC

we still have the five or six editions to come out on 4k Blu-ray to look forward to as well!
Old 02-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #947
Power Member

Aug 2009
West Des Moines, IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvfragnito View Post
we still have the five or six editions to come out on 4k Blu-ray to look forward to as well!
Considering it was shot on 16mm, 4K is not necessary.
[Show spoiler]
Old 02-23-2014, 02:40 PM   #948

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppetMasterBlu View Post
Extras you can get from many of the old DVDs. I have the limited edition and honestly you could just buy the regular edition and one of the dvd sets and you will save tons of money.
This. You can get the 3-disc ultimate edition dvd for very cheap (I got one off amazon marketplace for less than 10 dollars). If the extras on the "special edition" blu-ray aren't in HD I don't see any reason not to just go this route.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:44 PM   #949
Power Member

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefactory View Post
This. You can get the 3-disc ultimate edition dvd for very cheap (I got one off amazon marketplace for less than 10 dollars). If the extras on the "special edition" blu-ray aren't in HD I don't see any reason not to just go this route.
They aren't in HD and you get all of them and many more with the UE dvd. Plus IIRC, the BD has a new commentary, the dvd has the 2 classic ones.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:30 PM   #950
Power Member

Jul 2010

I have the 3-disc UE DVD AND the 2-disc LE Blu. So take that you sour-grapers who missed out on the LE.
"My boys are 8, 10 and 12 and never saw the SE editons or the PT until I had ingrained in them the UOT over and over again and again. They do not like the PT nor the SE editions at all to this day." -LAdodgers
Old 02-23-2014, 08:58 PM   #951

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvfragnito View Post
I'm still waiting on one really great edition of Army of Darkness that's similar to my 2-DVD Anchor Bay numbered/limited edition with Theatrical and Director's Cut and a lot of extras.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:12 PM   #952
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks------------------->85 SteelBooks™-------------->101

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluMonday View Post
I'm still waiting on one really great edition of Army of Darkness that's similar to my 2-DVD Anchor Bay numbered/limited edition with Theatrical and Director's Cut and a lot of extras.
The FR disc has all of this and is region free. The downside is that the included US cut looks worse than the DNR of the US disc due to poor compression. So if you buy the U.S. disc for the US cut and then buy the FR disc it will take care of what you want as the FR disc contains all three cuts (US, Director's, and International).
Old 02-23-2014, 09:34 PM   #953
Power Member

Jul 2010

I'm almost certain Shout Factory is working on AoD. I guessed they were doing it and Darkman as soon as they announced Crimewave was announced and so far I'm half correct.

I'll consider importing AoD if it doesn't show up as a Scream factory release by the end of the year. If there's ever a top-tier/big-gun release to hold for a Halloween release it's AoD.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:56 PM   #954
Special Member

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
The FR disc has all of this and is region free. The downside is that the included US cut looks worse than the DNR of the US disc due to poor compression. So if you buy the U.S. disc for the US cut and then buy the FR disc it will take care of what you want as the FR disc contains all three cuts (US, Director's, and International).
Yeah that is my problem I am one of the people who actually like the theatrical cut.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:45 AM   #955
Special Member

Jun 2011
South Hill, VA

The UK release of Evil Dead has many of the bonus features from the limited edition US version. And it's region free. And a cool looking steelbook
Most Anticipated Movies to Get the Blu Treatment
Salem's Lot | Zoolander | White Chicks | Drop Dead Gorgeous | It Happened One Night | Let's Scare Jessica to Death | Empire Records | The Fearless Vampire Killers | The Legend of Billie Jean | Mommie Dearest | A Life Less Ordinary | Date with an Angel (BOLDED HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!)
Old 03-12-2014, 08:27 AM   #956
Banned

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraiserfan View Post
I preordered this last night. As some of you have said, it's probably the same transfer but I would rather have it preordered just in case they spruce up the transfer and extras. If not, I just cancel. I'm doing the same with the re-release of White Zombie as well.
It looks like it's just going to be like most shit studios do with movies nowadays.
Same Release,Different Packaging. It's just going to be a Steelbook(indicated by Amazon page) with the same material presented in the 2 disc limited edition maybe they'll throw in the remake in its uncut form in the set if copyright gets lincensed.It would be cool if they threw in a Easter egg of the trailer for Arny of Darkness 2.

But let's all be honest all we need currently as releases but although highly unlikely is a super cut of the original trilogy combined into one seem less movie & a unrated cut of the remake. Dreamers can only dream without making things a reality.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #957
Special Member

Nov 2008
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyTrueFilmFan View Post
But let's all be honest all we need currently as releases but although highly unlikely is a super cut of the original trilogy combined into one seem less movie & a unrated cut of the remake. Dreamers can only dream without making things a reality.
The movies are super cool to watch as one movie. Made a post about it.

http://letterboxd.com/kriztofferswan...the-evil-dead/

The gist of it: remove the ending from ED1 (when the Evil zooms after Ash), the recap and ending from ED2 (starting at the scene omitted from the ED1 ending), and the recap from AOD, and be sure to watch the AOD director's cut, and you've got a good watch that only has a few relatively minor inconsistencies.

And it'll be great if someone ever does a nice transfer for the AOD theatrical cut, but I'm perfectly satisfied with the DC on the French disc.
"I can't forgive myself for having lied to you. I don't have a degree in biology. Never even finished high school. I haven't read more than two books in my whole life. One, never finished. And the other is the phone book."
Old 03-12-2014, 09:19 AM   #958
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
UK

I might watch the remake tonight.
Currently: Playing:Battlefield 4/ Ryse Son of Rome/ Dead Rising 3/Tomb Raider The Definitive Edition
Old 03-12-2014, 09:39 AM   #959

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriztoffer Swank View Post
The gist of it: remove the ending from ED1 (when the Evil zooms after Ash), the recap and ending from ED2 (starting at the scene omitted from the ED1 ending), and the recap from AOD, and be sure to watch the AOD director's cut, and you've got a good watch that only has a few relatively minor inconsistencies.
We did this about 20 years ago on humble VHS for a friend to play for the girl whom he was trying to get his leg over. He figured that playing a notorious horror movie would literally scare her out of her pants. We didn't tell him that it was a cut n' shut version of the first two, and he handed the tape back the next day saying "Jesus, that was a long film!"

It worked, though. She was knighted with the ol' pork-sword, and the reputation of The Evil Dead was done no harm in the process.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:38 PM   #960

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriztoffer Swank View Post
The gist of it: remove the ending from ED1 (when the Evil zooms after Ash), the recap and ending from ED2 (starting at the scene omitted from the ED1 ending), and the recap from AOD, and be sure to watch the AOD director's cut, and you've got a good watch that only has a few relatively m
What do you mean delete the "recap" from two? You mean delete the entire first section of the movie with Ash and his girlfriend going to the cabin? Like, stick it from the scene after he buries his girlfriend to 1 after the demons burn up with stop motion in that version??
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America