Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pumpkinhead (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Gounod: Faust (Blu-ray)
$32.50
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Nekromantik (Blu-ray)
$20.19
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Continuum: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-23-2014, 03:01 AM   #701
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

Parts 1 and 2 are the re-releases from 2012 that originally had blue cover artwork. They include lots of extras previously only on DVD.

Part 3 is from 2007 because they never needed to update the disc content-wise. The extras were on the bonus disc primarily. So it's the same.

The 4K ones came at a later time and have no extras. These are not the mastered in 4K discs in the new repackaged set.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:19 AM   #702
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
Can you please post the link for the new trilogy box because I want to know more about it. Thank you.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=237435
Old 04-23-2014, 09:38 PM   #703

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
I was talking about the Mastered in 4K standalone edition (which is new).
I figured, but OP (blurayfriend) was specifically asking about the 2012 re-release, not the 4K standalone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
Except it does have the second disk.
...or the 2014 trilogy re-release. 2012 version doesn't have Disc 2.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:17 PM   #704
Power Member

Apr 2011

Does the new trilogy set include movie cash for the upcoming movie? If so, $25 isn't a bad price for it.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:22 PM   #705
Power Member

Jul 2010
Default Spider-Man Trilogy Re-release with New Cover Artworks

Yes it does. But this is the wrong thread.
"My boys are 8, 10 and 12 and never saw the SE editons or the PT until I had ingrained in them the UOT over and over again and again. They do not like the PT nor the SE editions at all to this day." -LAdodgers
Old 04-23-2014, 11:39 PM   #706

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Coontymunt View Post
I can confirm-----
only parts 1 & 2 have the 2012 copyright (presumably 4k) on the disc art and part 3 still has the 2007: it's the exact same disc as before.

I see a recall in the near future...buyer beware
Thanks a lot (and to the others who answered as well)- is the transfer for 2 the same as the 2007 version, plus the new extras? Know that 1 was updated for 2012 and 3 was the same. And did they update the menus? Thanks-
Old 04-24-2014, 06:27 AM   #707
Power Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruAskew View Post
Yes it does. But this is the wrong thread.
Haha, should have noticed that.... Thanks for the answer though.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:55 AM   #708

Jul 2009

Malibu Stacey has a new hat!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 02:11 AM   #709

May 2013
Virginia

I really like the matte finish on the new trilogy box art. It really is nice packaging and saves space on my movie shelf. I'm a big fan of the original trilogy and can't wait to watch them in high def for the first time this weekend. Cheers!!
Old 04-26-2014, 04:52 PM   #710

Apr 2011

I got this set and watching Spiderman 1. It's taking up the whole screen,is it supposed too? I checked the other 2 and they are letterboxed.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:59 PM   #711

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaslow309 View Post
I got this set and watching Spiderman 1. It's taking up the whole screen,is it supposed too? I checked the other 2 and they are letterboxed.
Yeah it's supposed to be full screen.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:35 PM   #712

Feb 2014
Default The 1st spider man was perfect....

I saw it 3 times in theaters that first week and still own many of the 2002 merchandise that came with it. Plus, all 4 spider man movies on blu ray and DVD but just the first and recent films digitally. The doc ock sequel was a prime example of how to continue the story the right way and also satisfying fans at the same time.

I have to admit I did not hate the 3rd one like a lot of people did. To this day It's my only attended midnight showing and i still thought it was just as action packed and campy as the previous two, but it was also a little overstuffed and sluggish at times. Also, peter's dark side with the symbiote along with sandman and venom weren't really handled correctly. I also didn't really think it was fair to cancel a 4th one afterwards mostly because of the script. (Then again, it is sony after all.) I would have like to have seen Sam raimi take at least one more crack at it.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:34 AM   #713

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
Parts 1 and 2 are the re-releases from 2012 that originally had blue cover artwork. They include lots of extras previously only on DVD.

Part 3 is from 2007 because they never needed to update the disc content-wise. The extras were on the bonus disc primarily. So it's the same.

The 4K ones came at a later time and have no extras. These are not the mastered in 4K discs in the new repackaged set.
I can confirm that the Trilogy 4-disc set is as stated here, repackaged BDs from 2012 for 1 & 2, & 2007 BDs for 3. I got it for $24.99 from best buy (this one: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Spider...Blu-ray/98075/). I don't own these movies at all right now, so opted for this set so I'd get the extras. (The plastic-cased "Spider-man: The High Definition Trilogy" (amz.) released previously doesn't appear to have the extras.) I don't think the small improvement from 4K masters is worth the extra cost, especially without the extra special features, since I don't own anything with the extras already.

It is a cardboard package, no plastic, discs in cardboard "sleeves". I like that it is as thin as a 3-disc plastic case. That being said, not the best attempt, small, yes, but, not so easy to get the discs out. (Yeah, they don't accidentally fall out, but, could be a bit easier to get a grip on them.)

This does include HD ultraviolet, expires 12/31/17. (I hate UV, prefer iTunes copy). There is a note that "redemption, streaming AND downloading of these movies may not be available" after this date. Also includes a discount for the new movie, but, it will line my garbage can. (Not a fan of the reboot.)

This can also be found at Target (includes everything stated), (was 22 or 23.99 last week, but 29.99 now). However, this week they have the individual standard cased releases on sale for $8/each, which comes to $24, slightly less than the cardboard set, minus cardboard. (I almost got these, but opted for saving space.)
Old 05-01-2014, 03:24 PM   #714

Aug 2008
San FranJose

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji888578 View Post
I can confirm that the Trilogy 4-disc set is as stated here, repackaged BDs from 2012 for 1 & 2, & 2007 BDs for 3. I got it for $24.99 from best buy (this one: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Spider...Blu-ray/98075/). I don't own these movies at all right now, so opted for this set so I'd get the extras. (The plastic-cased "Spider-man: The High Definition Trilogy" (amz.) released previously doesn't appear to have the extras.) I don't think the small improvement from 4K masters is worth the extra cost, especially without the extra special features, since I don't own anything with the extras already.

It is a cardboard package, no plastic, discs in cardboard "sleeves". I like that it is as thin as a 3-disc plastic case. That being said, not the best attempt, small, yes, but, not so easy to get the discs out. (Yeah, they don't accidentally fall out, but, could be a bit easier to get a grip on them.)

This does include HD ultraviolet, expires 12/31/17. (I hate UV, prefer iTunes copy). There is a note that "redemption, streaming AND downloading of these movies may not be available" after this date. Also includes a discount for the new movie, but, it will line my garbage can. (Not a fan of the reboot.)

This can also be found at Target (includes everything stated), (was 22 or 23.99 last week, but 29.99 now). However, this week they have the individual standard cased releases on sale for $8/each, which comes to $24, slightly less than the cardboard set, minus cardboard. (I almost got these, but opted for saving space.)
The standard release from 2012 of Spiderman 3 is only the single disc, not the two disc included in the latest trilogy release.
JackKnight_Starman Profiler List
Mitsubishi WD65835 65" DLP RPTV
Oppo BDP-93
Onkyo TX-SR609 A/V Reciever

" You can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you need to concentrate on." President George W. Bush, 2001
Old 05-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #715

Nov 2009
Boston, MA
Send a message via AIM to BDrischBDemented

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackKnightStarman View Post
The standard release from 2012 of Spiderman 3 is only the single disc, not the two disc included in the latest trilogy release.
Right, which is why they said the 2007 release was included for "Spider-Man 3."
Old 05-02-2014, 05:51 AM   #716

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackKnightStarman View Post
oh, yeah, that's right, I think the single movies I said are at Target this week for $8/each, yeah, 3 is only the single disc. So, I'm glad I got the trilogy, as it does include the special features disc (the trilogy is a 4-disc set).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America