Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pumpkinhead (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Gounod: Faust (Blu-ray)
$32.50
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Nekromantik (Blu-ray)
$20.19
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Continuum: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM   #2841
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
Seems doubtful, but will admit that there will be some time before we see the Buu saga on Blu-ray. But I doubt it will be as long as 2 years or longer before that happens if Toonami will only show 1 episode a week.
With most of the filler removed, I was thinking it would only take a few months before we would see the Buu Saga.
Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM   #2842
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by ,deeii View Post
All the seasons (like this one; http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Dragon...Blu-ray/85277/ ) are region free right? I just want to be 100% sure before I order them...
They are not Region-Free since Funimation hasn't made a Region-Free Blu-ray since their 1st Blu-ray. But that link does show the back cover saying that it covers Region A and B, so you should be ok as long as you don't have a Region C Blu-ray Player.
IGN and RPGamer- Ar tonelico II Best PS2 Game Award for 2009
Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel out now

Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM   #2843
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamelessFanGirl View Post
With most of the filler removed, I was thinking it would only take a few months before we would see the Buu Saga.
I estimate we will see the Buu Saga on Blu-ray probably this next coming Summer. Spring is a maybe, but not going to hold my breath on it. For Toonami's broadcast probably in like 2016 or 2017.
IGN and RPGamer- Ar tonelico II Best PS2 Game Award for 2009
Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel out now

Old Today, 02:20 PM   #2844
Special Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ,deeii View Post
All the seasons (like this one; http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Dragon...Blu-ray/85277/ ) are region free right? I just want to be 100% sure before I order them...
It's Region A and B but the DBZ Season Blu-ray release is below average (so to say, just better than the Orange Bricks) so it's not really ideal for people who want a high quality release but if you're looking for a budget release this is it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamelessFanGirl View Post
Saying this means you've not been following the Majin Boo arc of Kai since it has A LOT of filler (whether it's the Japanese or the Final Chapters -- aka, the international edition).

There's two versions of Dragon Ball Kai's Majin Boo arc:

Japanese cut: 48 Episodes (it slashes down the filler but the pace & editing is also ruined while at it and it has different OP/ED songs)

Final Chapters: 69 Episodes (the intended version of Majin Boo arc of Kai with all the filler intact which was removed from the Japanese cut and exclusive OP/ED songs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
I estimate we will see the Buu Saga on Blu-ray probably this next coming Summer. Spring is a maybe, but not going to hold my breath on it. For Toonami's broadcast probably in like 2016 or 2017.
The first set is out in Japan already and this is what it looks like:

[Show spoiler]

Old Today, 03:06 PM   #2845
Expert Member

Dec 2011
The Room of Space and Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
It's Region A and B but the DBZ Season Blu-ray release is below average (so to say, just better than the Orange Bricks) so it's not really ideal for people who want a high quality release but if you're looking for a budget release this is it.

Saying this means you've not been following the Majin Boo arc of Kai since it has A LOT of filler (whether it's the Japanese or the Final Chapters -- aka, the international edition).

There's two versions of Dragon Ball Kai's Majin Boo arc:

Japanese cut: 48 Episodes (it slashes down the filler but the pace & editing is also ruined while at it and it has different OP/ED songs)

Final Chapters: 69 Episodes (the intended version of Majin Boo arc of Kai with all the filler intact which was removed from the Japanese cut and exclusive OP/ED songs)

The first set is out in Japan already and this is what it looks like:

[Show spoiler]

Judging by those images is it gonna be in 16:9?

When you say Japanese cut do you mean the broadcast version?
"I guess we were all just hungry"- Joe Toy
"good will always triumph"- Kai
“Cause thats what real brothers do whether their blood relatives or not they look out for each other. Those guys may have been related, but they weren't brothers there's a difference.”-Tom Mason
Old Today, 04:29 PM   #2846
Special Member

Apr 2011

Yeah it'll be 16x9 AR (widescreen) for all.

The Japanese cut is the one currently airing in Japan and was cut down as somewhat of an improvement from the Final Chapters but at the same time it's a sloppy mess (pace/editing is sometimes awful and there were episodes that were exactly the same as in Z).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime