COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$12.98
On the Beach (Blu-ray)
$17.49
The Party (Blu-ray)
$17.49
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Mr. Majestyk (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Unforgiven (Blu-ray)
$17.49
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Breakheart Pass (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Elmer Gantry (Blu-ray)
$17.49
The Children's Hour (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$18.99
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
The Protector 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-16-2014, 01:00 AM   #5841
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenwilson04 View Post
For me, the best individual releases are the Japanese ones. I think they're the only ones to use the original artwork for all three.

Wow.. I may have to order those, even though I already have the US release and the UK limited edition tin.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:31 AM   #5842
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
The Sewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
The original digipack packaging was an issue because of the strange and complicated way it housed the discs.
Yeah, I can attest to that. I revisited the trilogy on my day off a couple weeks ago and it brought back memories about how much I disliked that packaging. I had a much easier time taking the discs out this time. If I recall right there was instructions which is pretty funny that they knew it was going to be an issue that they printed instructions for taking discs out.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:58 PM   #5843
Special Member

Oct 2012
Sandy, Oregon USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroK View Post
Yeah, I can attest to that. I revisited the trilogy on my day off a couple weeks ago and it brought back memories about how much I disliked that packaging. I had a much easier time taking the discs out this time. If I recall right there was instructions which is pretty funny that they knew it was going to be an issue that they printed instructions for taking discs out.
yeah.... and people still complained on YouTube during the unboxing videos about not being able to take the discs out when it really was pretty simple and directions were even included. Lol
My PSN ID: The_Edge_1980
Nissen's Back to the Future Retro VHS BD custom covers I've commisioned can be found HERE
A biopic worthy of being in your collection: Control (2007)
WEED IS DUMB.
Don't bother criticizing how I post, because I couldn't care less what you think about how I do things. I've got no time for Internet Nazis or Sheldon Cooper-like people.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:27 AM   #5844
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

I never saw any on my set, but who the hell needed directions?
You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available ($1-$3 or Best Offer). PM Me For List.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:35 AM   #5845
Power Member

Mar 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
I never saw any on my set, but who the hell needed directions?
Because when the set was first released, the disks were LOCKED in the case with a brand new packaging that required instructions on how to UNLOCK the disks FIRST before pulling them out of the packaging.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:18 AM   #5846
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayFilms View Post
Because when the set was first released, the disks were LOCKED in the case with a brand new packaging that required instructions on how to UNLOCK the disks FIRST before pulling them out of the packaging.

Thanks for the picture. That's how my discs were/are packed - but it's not like I hadn't seen that setup before and there were no instructions included with my set (I'd have saved 'em). Maybe they stopped including instructions.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #5847

Aug 2013
Sugar Land, TX

Ugh, the original packaging was awful. I bought it at release and there wasn't any instructions on how to get the discs out. Ended up tossing the packaging in the garbage, gave away the digital copy discs, and put the trilogy in a 3 disc bd case with a nice custom cover.
"We put liquid paper on a bee, and it died."
Old 06-17-2014, 11:37 AM   #5848
Expert Member

Jul 2009

I don't own these. Should I hold off for a possible 30th Anniversary edition next year, or go ahead and get them? I know we don't have a crystal ball, but I'd hate to buy them and then new ones are announced in a few months.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #5849
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2013
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
Thanks for the picture. That's how my discs were/are packed - but it's not like I hadn't seen that setup before and there were no instructions included with my set (I'd have saved 'em). Maybe they stopped including instructions.
My set is like this to, didn't have any trouble with the discs.
Remembering our Soldiers over seas. Hoping they all get to come home soon to be with their family.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:48 AM   #5850
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009
Florida Steelbooks:>>>>>> 34 Digibooks: >>>>>> 6

I was planning on ordering the back to the future set since i do not own it yet.

But i had questions:

1. Does the current one on amazon.com come with a slipcover and is it a Digipack/book still?

2. If it isnt, then should i order one off of amazon to get the slip and digibook?

3. Any better versions than others?

Thanks
( The Last Samurai ) There is life in every breath... That is, Bushido
Old 06-17-2014, 12:27 PM   #5851

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigeWorldwide View Post
Ugh, the original packaging was awful. I bought it at release and there wasn't any instructions on how to get the discs out. Ended up tossing the packaging in the garbage, gave away the digital copy discs, and put the trilogy in a 3 disc bd case with a nice custom cover.
Only the US one was crap. The UK one was quite nice (no digital copies there).
Old 06-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #5852
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rz_Samurai View Post
I was planning on ordering the back to the future set since i do not own it yet.
But i had questions:

1. Does the current one on amazon.com come with a slipcover and is it a Digipack/book still?

2. If it isnt, then should i order one off of amazon to get the slip and digibook?

3. Any better versions than others?
Thanks
1. Mine had a heavy slip - which was needed to hold the digipak closed. Currently, don't think it's changed ...???

2. I don't believe there ever was a DigiBook, only a DigiPak (unless there's an import I never heard of).

3. Transfers? Some think these versions (the only ones, I believe) look great, some gag and prefer various TV versions. I think they look fine but would always be open to an improved remaster. Hope that helps.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:42 PM   #5853
Special Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rljnunez View Post
Well then I guess I am still holding out for it to get a print like that here.. I hate digipacks.
Same here. The $15 price at Target was tempting but I will wait until it comes in a regular BluRay case.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:49 PM   #5854

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbfree View Post
same here. The $15 price at target was tempting but i will wait until it comes in a regular bluray case.
+1
Old 06-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #5855
Power Member

Jun 2012
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by rljnunez View Post
Really?! I never knew it was re-released in a regular style blu case. Where have people found this version at?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KilloWertz View Post
This set was never re-released later in a 3-disc Viva Elite case in the US. After the digital copies expired, they re-released it in a 3-disc digipak. All in all, pretty much a thinner version of the packaging that the set was originally released in after they got rid of the annoying tabs.
My mistake. I live in Canada and the trilogy was re-released here in a single Viva Elite case. The last time I was in HMV they were still selling them for $15. We also got Sorcerer in a regular blu case option as well. Lucky us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigeWorldwide View Post
My German import DVD/Blu combo pack of Death Rides A Horse was like that too. I kept the blu and just sold off the DVDs and packaging because it was awful. Just awful.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:59 AM   #5856
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009
Florida Steelbooks:>>>>>> 34 Digibooks: >>>>>> 6

I finally ordered me this

I ordered it off ebay from a seller who gave it to me brand new sealed and has slip cover for $23 Shipped. Is that a good price guys?
( The Last Samurai ) There is life in every breath... That is, Bushido
Old 06-20-2014, 01:01 PM   #5857
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rz_Samurai View Post
I finally ordered me this

I ordered it off ebay from a seller who gave it to me brand new sealed and has slip cover for $23 Shipped. Is that a good price guys?
It's been $15 & $20 before, but that was a while ago - so if it's actually mint when you get it, yeah!

Old 06-20-2014, 07:06 PM   #5858
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayFilms View Post
That was so absurd...when you have to include an instruction sheet to demonstrate how to use a case, the case isn't ready for prime time.
If you have to whip out a microscope to decide if you like a Blu-ray or not, you are missing the point.

ESSENTIAL STAR WARS READING:
How Disney Bought Lucasfilm
The Special Edition Restoration Process
Old 06-25-2014, 04:48 PM   #5859
Special Member

Oct 2012
Sandy, Oregon USA

Back to the Future has been ranked 12/100 on the list of Hollywood's top 100 films.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/person/back-future

Not too shabby, Even though I would have ranked a little higher, that's still an amazing feat.
My PSN ID: The_Edge_1980
Nissen's Back to the Future Retro VHS BD custom covers I've commisioned can be found HERE
A biopic worthy of being in your collection: Control (2007)
WEED IS DUMB.
Don't bother criticizing how I post, because I couldn't care less what you think about how I do things. I've got no time for Internet Nazis or Sheldon Cooper-like people.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America