COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Seasons 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$48.78
Americano (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Jack Ryan Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.80
Team Hot Wheels: The Origin of Awesome (Blu-ray)
$17.97
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Soundgarden: Superunknown (Blu-ray)
$74.38
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Green Planet (Blu-ray)
$80.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Nymphomaniac: Volume II (Blu-ray)
$13.92
Vikings: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.89

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 11-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #461
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
Send a message via Skype™ to MovieFanatic2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaya View Post
Is this worth getting on 3D Bluray?

I'm considering getting Prometheus, Amazing Spider-Man or Journey 2 today.
Journey 2 has incredible 3D ........ Prometheus is good but not jaw dropping.
BASEMENT HOME THEATER - EPSON 5030UB 2D/3D PROJECTOR W/ 100" ELITE SCREEN - RECEIVER - HARMON KARDON 1710 7.2
FRONT SPEAKERS - INFINITY PRIMUS P363 CENTER SPEAKER INFINITY PRIMUS PC351 - SIDES AND REARS POLK AUDIO 30'S + 40'S
SUBWOOFERS PREMIER ACOUSTIC PA-120 650 WATT TITANIUM + POLK AUDIO PSW110
BASS SHAKERS BASH 500 WATT AMP + 2 CLARK TRANSDUCERS
BEDROOM DISPLAY - PANASONIC VIERA TC-P60UT50 60 -INCH 3D PLASMA
Old 11-10-2012, 05:30 AM   #462
Expert Member

Jan 2012

First time I watched Prometheus, it was a let down for various reasons such as scope format watering down 3D immersion and horrible plot holes.

Today I watched it again with no expectations and sat closer to my 120" to fill my vision and am very impressed with 3D, the visuals and sound.

I did not pay attention to the story, so did not feel cheated at the end

Goes to show how great 3D can make up for other deficiencies!
Old 11-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #463
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big3dfan View Post
First time I watched Prometheus, it was a let down for various reasons such as scope format watering down 3D immersion and horrible plot holes.

Today I watched it again with no expectations and sat closer to my 120" to fill my vision and am very impressed with 3D, the visuals and sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieFanatic2010 View Post
Journey 2 has incredible 3D ........ Prometheus is good but not jaw dropping.
Prometheus has really good 3D to great.

Last edited by Zivouhr; 11-10-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #464

Mar 2011
Liverpool, England

Apologies if this has been asked before (I know how annoying that can be) but I popped the US 4-discer into my region free machine yesterday, and there a Japanese screen (copyright?) at the start. Everything was normal Fox stuff. Is it just me?!

I got it at Amazon.com
Old 11-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #465

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big3dfan View Post

plot holes? didn't feel cheated by the story? you are so clever in how you say you didn't like the movie .

One of my favorite films of the year, HANDS DOWN. A great prequel to the sensational Alien films.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #466

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by _V_ View Post
plot holes? didn't feel cheated by the story? you are so clever in how you say you didn't like the movie .

One of my favorite films of the year, HANDS DOWN. A great prequel to the sensational Alien films.
I agree, it was a very good movie and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope they make a sequel to the prequel.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:01 AM   #467
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklandsboy View Post
Apologies if this has been asked before (I know how annoying that can be) but I popped the US 4-discer into my region free machine yesterday, and there a Japanese screen (copyright?) at the start. Everything was normal Fox stuff. Is it just me?!

I got it at Amazon.com
I didn't get that, just English copyright on a green screen in 3D. Then on my 3DTV, it goes black for a couple seconds, then prompts me to set it to 3D mode again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _V_ View Post

Same here. I look at it from the experience as if I was one of the characters on that planet. They have to live the some of the foolish decisions they make;
[Show spoiler]Like the guy who thinks the Viper like Snake is a cute little animal worthy of being patted on the head.
Other than that though, I thought most of them did what they thought was best given the choices they had, and their motivation for being there. Very enjoyable movie IMO in terms of alien exploration, parasites and discovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico View Post
I agree, it was a very good movie and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope they make a sequel to the prequel.
Yes to another one, which is rumored to be in the planning stage. I heard this takes place prior to Alien 1, but it's not the same location that Ripley was at when she first landed.
[Show spoiler]Meaning there is more than one exo armor pilots sitting/resting near the controls to eradicate the humans.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #468

Feb 2010
New York, USA

I'm so torn about jumping on this at the $15 price, or waiting until the sequel is out for the inevitable boxset...
Old 11-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #469

Oct 2009

How do you access the 3D trailer for IRobot? I put in the Prometheus 3d disc but the menu comes up first with no trailers.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 11-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #470
Expert Member

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Monahan View Post
How do you access the 3D trailer for IRobot? I put in the Prometheus 3d disc but the menu comes up first with no trailers.

Thanks,
Tom
There should be a bit in the top right hand corner of your menu screen which says continue your 3d journey. Access it there.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:26 AM   #471
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA
Buy.com

Yeah, for the semi-hidden trailers, click up till it highlights on the trailer "Extend your 3D Journey" box. Then press enter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
I'm so torn about jumping on this at the $15 price, or waiting until the sequel is out for the inevitable boxset...
This was an incredible value even at the 19.99 I spent on release day with a $5 credit. The 3D is great, I really enjoy the movie and imagery, theme and don't mind the more deliberate, slower pace either, as it's an exploration movie. Can't wait for the sequel. 14.99, I wouldn't pass it up if you are an Alien fan (the first one in particular).
Old 11-20-2012, 04:14 AM   #472
Special Member

May 2010

$15.00 is a steal. If you're into Aliens you would be nuts not to snatch that up in favor of waiting a year two or whatever for the sequel and box set.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #473

Jan 2012
Mississippi

Personally this was one of my favorite films of last year. I've seen it a total of eleven times now. There are tons of little things that make this film repeatable for me. I can understand why some were disappointed, and I do hope a sequel delivers more of what those expect. But for me, the movie overall, story, visuals, acting, 3d, etc. were all knockouts.
I'm willing to purchase/trade for Camera Obscura releases I do not own. Please PM me! :)
Old 07-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #474
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0MBI3 View Post
Personally this was one of my favorite films of last year. I've seen it a total of eleven times now. There are tons of little things that make this film repeatable for me. I can understand why some were disappointed, and I do hope a sequel delivers more of what those expect. But for me, the movie overall, story, visuals, acting, 3d, etc. were all knockouts.
I agree 100%!!
My mancave:

Displays - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590
Game system - Sony PS3 320GB
Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd)
Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), MacBook Pro (17" i5 500GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)
Old 01-27-2014, 07:20 AM   #475
Expert Member

Jun 2013

Was surprised that this still arrived with a slipcover. Can't wait to dig into the special features!
Old 01-27-2014, 03:49 PM   #476
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
I didn't get that, just English copyright on a green screen in 3D. Then on my 3DTV, it goes black for a couple seconds, then prompts me to set it to 3D mode again.

Same here. I look at it from the experience as if I was one of the characters on that planet. They have to live the some of the foolish decisions they make;
[Show spoiler]Like the guy who thinks the Viper like Snake is a cute little animal worthy of being patted on the head.
Other than that though, I thought most of them did what they thought was best given the choices they had, and their motivation for being there. Very enjoyable movie IMO in terms of alien exploration, parasites and discovery.

Yes to another one, which is rumored to be in the planning stage. I heard this takes place prior to Alien 1, but it's not the same location that Ripley was at when she first landed.
[Show spoiler]Meaning there is more than one exo armor pilots sitting/resting near the controls to eradicate the humans.
Looking forward to a follow up. I hope they do two more which would lead up to Alien.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:54 AM   #477

Jul 2012
Cleveland

This is on sale for 12.99 at Best Buy.. I already watched it (borrowed) in 3D and I enjoyed it. I might want to add it to my collection. 12.99 is an awesome price.
Display - Panasonic 55inch TC-L55ET5 Passive 3D
Receiver - Onkyo HT-R2295
Blu-ray player - PS3 Slim 120gb
Speakers - JBL Northridge Series 6.1 setup
Old 02-07-2014, 01:18 AM   #478
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0MBI3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taygan315 View Post
I agree 100%!!
Same here. Just the basic premise of exploring an alien planet and getting more than they bargained for. Really love the parasite theme also the Alien series is known for.
Prometheus has a lot of similarities to ALIEN, yet I wonder if those who hate this movie also hated ALIEN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Looking forward to a follow up. I hope they do two more which would lead up to Alien.
I hope so. Hopefully the Sequel to Prometheus arrives by 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAFFYDC View Post
This is on sale for 12.99 at Best Buy.. I already watched it (borrowed) in 3D and I enjoyed it. I might want to add it to my collection. 12.99 is an awesome price.
Good deal. Did you buy it?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Tags
alien, paradise, prometheus, ridley scott