COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Americano (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Seasons 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$48.78
The Jack Ryan Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.80
Team Hot Wheels: The Origin of Awesome (Blu-ray)
$17.97
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Soundgarden: Superunknown (Blu-ray)
$74.38
Green Planet (Blu-ray)
$80.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Nymphomaniac: Volume II (Blu-ray)
$13.92
Vikings: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.89
Old 07-20-2014, 08:07 AM   #1021

Jun 2014
Canada

Yeah I am thinking of triple dipping and grabbing the black and red UK steelbook version of the original solely to get the extra features that are included on the disk.

Plus the UK steelbook would go great with my US steelbook then I can just sell my normal Bluray case edition.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:44 PM   #1022

Sep 2009
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by docpod View Post
I happened to see 2 copies at my local best buy and scooped one up. I already have it with the original casing, but this steelbook was at a great price for just over $10 after price matching with amazon.
How do you get them to price match? Do you have to print out the price from Amazon?
Old 07-25-2014, 12:57 AM   #1023

Jul 2010
NJ/NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
How do you get them to price match? Do you have to print out the price from Amazon?
you just pull up amazon on your phone on the part where it shows the price amazon is selling it and make sure it says sold by amazon. They know the drill and they won't give you a hard time about it.

Target on the other hand, refuses to look at your phone even though you have it pulled up for them. They have their own iPads to look up the amazon price. every once in a while, they are directed to a third party seller on amazon, which is a higher price sometimes. You have to direct them on their iPads to look to where it says sold by amazon lol. Both places will price match guaranteed from amazon. I do it all the time when I am buying my blu's. The rest of the time, I price track on the blu-ray site and buy from amazon.

PS: amazon will not price match best buy or target unless it is a TV, but they usually will lower the price down the line most of the time..

hope that helps
Old 07-28-2014, 07:31 AM   #1024

Feb 2012
semi-rural Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadanko View Post
Can you kill the rumor about robert tapert being erased from the bridge scene?

Is there a webpage illustrating the various changes on the blu-ray edition somewhere? I was never aware of these changes till I read a helpful user review here. I noticed the wobble is gone from the first matte shot of the moon also, at the opening of chapter 5. I honestly don't mind these touch ups, but it's good to know where changes were made. I don't know if it's been mentioned, but one small change that bugged me was the opening title cards now have a pronounced white border. It sounds petty, but aesthetically, I think the original red titles looked much better with the fog background, especially with the aquatic wobble effect.
In spite of that, I would only now watch the DVDs for the 2 lost commentaries.
Lex Luthor: Miss Teschmacher, some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.Miss Teschmacher: Lex, what has chewing gum got to do with the secrets of the universe?Lex Luthor: [sighs] Right, Miss Teschmacher. Right.

P.S. I'm not the best speller
Old 07-28-2014, 07:36 AM   #1025

Feb 2012
semi-rural Japan

Any comments on the worth of the PIP feature on the UK BD? (and is that the only exclusive feature not on the 3DVD Anchor bay set?) Also if the UK BD has any better PQ than the US. I understand the UK only has the cropped widescreen version, which I would only occasionally watch as an alternate. I do like the more immersive horror effect it gives on my modest 42" though.
Lex Luthor: Miss Teschmacher, some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.Miss Teschmacher: Lex, what has chewing gum got to do with the secrets of the universe?Lex Luthor: [sighs] Right, Miss Teschmacher. Right.

P.S. I'm not the best speller

Last edited by billyearle; 07-28-2014 at 07:58 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:23 PM   #1026

Oct 2011
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Myers View Post
Really? I will have to look into that.
check ebay.

it was long since sold out by the time i discovered it but i kept looking on ebay and while most were asking crazy prices for it, i eventually found someone in australia of all places selling it for what i woulda paid in stores here. the funny thing is they were selling the R1 edition.

of course i only owned the book of the dead edition so the extras were all new to me. but if you're an uber fan who has all the releases, there's nothing new on that extra disc.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:32 AM   #1027

Nov 2008
East TN

Just picked up the Steelbook Evil Dead Blu-ray and my Blu-ray player has a hard time reading it at first.... sits there and grinds until it can skip over the first image (00:04) before moving on to trailers, etc. After holding your breath for 45 seconds it finally plays on to the menu.

Blu-ray player is Samsung CB-5500 (2010) with all current updates.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:36 AM   #1028
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Does the Steelbook have everything on the limited edition ?
Old 08-16-2014, 05:38 AM   #1029

Nov 2008
East TN

The steelbook has Commentary and option to watch original version 1:33:1 and 1:85:1 enhanced version.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:59 AM   #1030
Power Member

Nov 2009
Washington State

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman71 View Post
Does the Steelbook have everything on the limited edition ?
Nope, it has the same disc as the 1-disc regular edition.

If you want a Steelbook (albeit with a different design) that has the bonus features from the LE release, the region-free UK release would be the way to go. Be advised that it only has the 1.85:1 widescreen version, unlike the US disc which has the 1.33:1 full screen version included as well.
Forget The Evil Dead; what George Lucas has done to Star Wars since 1997 is truly "The Ultimate Experience in Grueling Terror".

Svenge's Neon Genesis Evangelion Home Video Compendium
My Blu-ray Collection | My Anime DVD Collection | My Laserdisc Collection
My gear: LG 32LN5300 (LED TV) | Sony BDP-S360 (BD/DVD) | Pioneer CLD-D606 (LD)

Last edited by svenge; 08-16-2014 at 06:03 AM.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #1031
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenge View Post
Nope, it has the same disc as the 1-disc regular edition.

If you want a Steelbook (albeit with a different design) that has the bonus features from the LE release, the region-free UK release would be the way to go. Be advised that it only has the 1.85:1 widescreen version, unlike the US disc which has the 1.33:1 full screen version included as well.
I saw the UK version on Amazon.UK, its on my wishlist but the other day I went to Best Buy and saw the US Steelbook sitting there and my wheels starting turning a little bit. I let it go because I wasnt sure about the contents vs. the limited edition ..
I do have the limited edition blu ray..
I might get the UK steelbook version since I watch the widescreen version only.
I still have the Necronomicon book DVD edition (I call it the squishy book version)
Old 08-16-2014, 02:07 PM   #1032
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman71 View Post
I do have the limited edition blu ray..
Just put the second disc in the steelbook then. While there's no hub for it, a white disc envelope will give you that old "Target Exclusive", or "Circuit City Exclusive" feeling we all used to get back in the dvd days!
Old 08-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #1033
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
Just put the second disc in the steelbook then. While there's no hub for it, a white disc envelope will give you that old "Target Exclusive", or "Circuit City Exclusive" feeling we all used to get back in the dvd days!
Or just buy a coupe of these (or the cheapest, 2-disc steelbook you can find) and you can swap out the trays.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:21 PM   #1034
Power Member

Dec 2009
Pacific NW

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyearle View Post
Is there a webpage illustrating the various changes on the blu-ray edition somewhere? I was never aware of these changes till I read a helpful user review here. I noticed the wobble is gone from the first matte shot of the moon also, at the opening of chapter 5. I honestly don't mind these touch ups, but it's good to know where changes were made. I don't know if it's been mentioned, but one small change that bugged me was the opening title cards now have a pronounced white border. It sounds petty, but aesthetically, I think the original red titles looked much better with the fog background, especially with the aquatic wobble effect.
In spite of that, I would only now watch the DVDs for the 2 lost commentaries.
I'd really like to know as well about the changes????
Old 08-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #1035

Jun 2014
Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Swords View Post
I'd really like to know as well about the changes????
I know Rob Tappart is gone. Took him out. Dont know all the little changes though.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #1036

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebard View Post
Or just buy a coupe of these (or the cheapest, 2-disc steelbook you can find) and you can swap out the trays.
Is this even possible? I know the tray is able to be separated from the front and back covers, but is the piece on the spine with the title even easily removable? Isn't it glued to the plastic interior which is all one piece? I saw tutorial on YouTube on how to do this and it really looked like it was a huge pain in the ass to do.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America