Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Iron Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Exodus: Gods and Kings 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Penguins of Madagascar 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Iron Man (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Birdman (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Exodus: Gods and Kings (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Penguins of Madagascar 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Penguins of Madagascar (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Gone Girl (Blu-ray)
$13.00
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$54.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #421
Power Member

Mar 2007

Yep,

Im seeing 2-3 days to get to me, and one day back.

I think what just happened is they told me they shipped two Friday, for Saturday delivery. They did not come Saturday, and did not come today. Tells me they probably did not ship until today...
65" VT50 / Oppo 103D
Denon 4520CI / Emotiva XPA-3
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500
Old 02-23-2015, 06:20 PM   #422
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->91 SteelBooks™--------------------->159

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Oddly enough I just called them about this a few days ago! My discs take 2 days to reach me, but only 1 day to reach them! What, is Netflix bringing back throttling?
Damn Netflix! Never have I had such a love/hate relationship with a company, like I do with them!
I thought it was just me. Mine have been taking 2-3 days where they used to take 1 day there and 1 day back. I haven't been too happy about it.
"I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room... as inevitable as your guilty conscience..."
My Motion Picture Collection
My Vinyl Collection
My VUDU Collection
World of Tanks: HD Goofnut
Old 02-23-2015, 06:39 PM   #423
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
I thought it was just me. Mine have been taking 2-3 days where they used to take 1 day there and 1 day back. I haven't been too happy about it.
Oh yeah it's happening all over the place. Netlfix blames the USPS, but they are just throttling people again. I complained and got 3 extra discs sent. So I plan on comlaining once per month as that would make up for lack of Saturday service and this nonsense throttling.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:39 PM   #424
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2014

Quote:
Oh yeah it's happening all over the place. Netlfix blames the USPS, but they are just throttling people again. I complained and got 3 extra discs sent. So I plan on comlaining once per month as that would make up for lack of Saturday service and this nonsense throttling.
Eventually, they will thank you for your business and cancel on you.
Be brave.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:40 PM   #425
Power Member

Mar 2007

I think it's intentional because it never happens on the way back, period.

I know when they send them long distance they tell you, and my return envelopes will say Texas or something of the sort. All these randomly delayed ones appear to be local, and it has been quite often the last 2 months.
65" VT50 / Oppo 103D
Old 02-23-2015, 06:44 PM   #426
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscoggins View Post
Eventually, they will thank you for your business and cancel on you.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:50 PM   #427
Special Member

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Quote:
I'd just be happy if Netflix brought back Saturday deliveries! SMH!
OR, just sell their disc business to Amazon!
Selling to Amaz . . . what a great idea. I just hope Amazon wouldn't then make unavailable any and all titles that they have streaming rights to. Sure I just recently streamed Nell in HD (there is no BD), but I think the only place to get the Michael Apted and (terrific) Jodie Foster commentaries is the DVD.

Quote:
Oddly enough I just called them about this a few days ago! My discs take 2 days to reach me, but only 1 day to reach them! What, is Netflix bringing back throttling?
Damn Netflix! Never have I had such a love/hate relationship with a company, like I do with them!
Hmmm I wonder if this has to do with the somewhat hush-hush priority processing discs addressed to Nf receive. I routinely see them separated from other mail as early in the mailstream as in the back of the Jeep the mailperson who picks up the mail is driving.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #428
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2014

Warning: The Walmart Exclusive of Mockingjay Part 1 is the rental disc!
Be brave.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:52 PM   #429
Power Member

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscoggins View Post
Warning: The Walmart Exclusive of Mockingjay Part 1 is the rental disc!
Dang.
65" VT50 / Oppo 103D
Old 03-18-2015, 01:41 PM   #430

Apr 2011
Philly , PA
Default Hey

Everyone saying that Netflix won't care if we all call and complain obviously don't remember Netflix Qwikster. Thousands of people called and complained that it was a bad idea and Netflix dropped the whole thing. It was a good idea they carry games just not under a new name.

If thousands of us call and complain about rental copies not having lossless audio they will do something. United we stand, divided we fall
"All right. So, listen. Why don't you give me a call when you want to start taking things a little more seriously? Here's my card."

I have an Alice in Wonderland (Cartoon) Blu Ray Disney Movie Rewards code for trade PM me if interested.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:50 PM   #431
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->91 SteelBooks™--------------------->159

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJOKERx View Post
Everyone saying that Netflix won't care if we all call and complain obviously don't remember Netflix Qwikster. Thousands of people called and complained that it was a bad idea and Netflix dropped the whole thing. It was a good idea they carry games just not under a new name.

If thousands of us call and complain about rental copies not having lossless audio they will do something. United we stand, divided we fall
This has nothing to do with Netflix. This is all about the studios and these are their movies so they call the shots on how the discs are encoded and what extras they have.
"I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room... as inevitable as your guilty conscience..."
My Motion Picture Collection
My Vinyl Collection
My VUDU Collection
World of Tanks: HD Goofnut

Last edited by HD Goofnut; 03-18-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:56 PM   #432
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
This has nothing to do with Netflix. This is all about the studios and they are their movies so they call the shots on how the discs are encoded and what extras they have.
+1

Contact Lionsgate, not Netflix, Redbox, etc.
Be brave.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:40 PM   #433
Special Member

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJOKERx View Post

I admire your passion, XJoker, but this is a problematic analogy. Qwikster was largely an internal decision by Nf whereas, at the risk of piling on, per other recent posts the rental copies issue is a studio decision.

I've been an Nf customer for about 10 years and used to call them all the time--back in the day before their explosive subscriber growth due to streaming, when the company actually gave a sh*t about their disc customers and customer retention. Even then the frequent refrain about, say, disc availability complaints was very consistent: 'We take what we can get from the studios.'

Also, someone was complaining a page or so ago about being charged for Blu-ray when certain BDs don't have lossless. 'We're getting DVD audio quality while paying for BD.' The IMO larger example of the problem with their charging for "BD access" is that there are many titles available on BD which they don't have at all! And I'm not talking about classical music releases, Twilight Time titles and other boutique distribber releases.

I called about that issue several times. Nada. If Nf wasn't moved to somehow adjust their BD fee behind that issue, I seriously doubt the rental copies issue will motivate them. (And I've pressed myself to come up with an alternative billing structure: Only charge, say, $1 per title whenever you rent a BD? In that scenario, someone who rents, say, five BDs in one month would be paying more than the flat 'BD access' fee a 3-discs-at-a-time customer pays right now for an unlimited number of rentals per month.)

I also saw word of someone inquiring about how a class action lawsuit might be made of this. Absurd IMO.

Last edited by Paul.R.S; 03-18-2015 at 04:58 PM.
Thanks given by:
WhySoBlu? (03-23-2015)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America