COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$129.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
My Week with Marilyn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$30.98
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Noah (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Labor Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Samurai Bride: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Les MisÚrables (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
House of Bodies (Blu-ray)
$13.48
Kill Bill: 1 & 2 Double Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Resident Evil Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Marvel Bundle (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Old 11-27-2012, 05:45 AM   #1
Special Member

Oct 2012
Nashville
Default Batman Box Set Question

Does any one have any news on a complete box set in the future or is this most likely not going to happen? I'm hoping they make a full series with every Batman movie made to date and would be sweet if they also made one with the animated series included as well.

Any one have any info on this if its even possible or not?

Thanks.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:20 AM   #2

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobird View Post
Does any one have any news on a complete box set in the future or is this most likely not going to happen? I'm hoping they make a full series with every Batman movie made to date and would be sweet if they also made one with the animated series included as well.

Thanks.
I believe I heard that they are releasing a dark knight trilogy collectors edition sometime next year.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:21 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007

If something like this was happening, I'm sure there would be news about it on the front page and/or a thread would already exist.

I highly doubt that anything like this will ever happen. I don't think we'll ever see a single box set that include both the 89-97 movie series AND the Nolan trilogy together.

And also, how do you define "all" of the Batman movies? There was "Batman: The Movie" in the 60s, based on the Adam West TV series. Even IF this movie was owned by the same studio (whch it isn't.... this particular movie is owned by 20th Century Fox, and not WB who owns DC and the other fore-mentioned Bat-films), I think it would be even less likely to end up in a box set with any of those other films than it would be to have the Burton/Schumacher films in the same set with the Nolan series.

Then there's the movie serials from the 1940s, I'm not sure if you are counting those as well or not.

As for the animated series, there's been no accouncement of it coming out on Blu-Ray. WB hasn't exactly been putting much effort into releasing too many cartoon series of this nature on Blu-Ray. We've only seen 2 seasons of Justice League get released, which were already made to be High Def from what I understand (someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that), and there was a HUGE gap of time between those two releases. They will only release it if they feel it will sell well enough to justify the cost of putting it out. And when/if they do, I doubt that it will be part of a set with any of the live action films from either the 89-97 series and/or the Nolan series. At best if they were to release the animated series, if we are lucky, maybe they would include the Batman animated movies in the set (Mak of the Phantasm, Sub-Zero, The Batman/Superman Movie, Mystery of the Batwoman), and frankly even this is wishful thinking since there was never any DVD set that included the entire animated series AND the animated movies.

If I were you, I'd just collect these things when/if they become available separately (or with in their separate respective boxsets, i.e. the 89-97 box set, the Nolan set, an animated series box set, etc.). Unfortunately the 89-97 film box set and the individual releases are now out of print and seem to be going for some insane prices. You may want to just keep an eye out for a good deal on them when/if one pops up, or for a re-release should one happen. A box set of all of the Nolan films is coming out at the same time as the individual release of The Dark Knight Rises. If you don't already have the first two movies, you may want to pick that up. I think it's only $30 for preorder, that's $10 per film, which is pretty good IMO.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #4
Special Member

Oct 2008

Quote:

Thanks.
Google is your friend.

Quote:
THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S EDITION will arrive in Quarter 3 of 2013, bringing it into stores a little over a year after the release of THE DARK KNIGHT RISES.
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/an-u...-release-dates

http://screencrush.com/the-dark-knight-trilogy-blu-ray/
Old 11-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #5
Special Member

Oct 2012
Nashville

Thanks Dynamo of Eternia

WB shop has the original anthology for $49.95 so I'm getting it from there

The original batman not so much guess looking more of the anthology and the newer trilogy into one with maybe some animated mixed in would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone2HiDef View Post
Google is your friend.
No Dynamo of Eternia is my friend, I don't think Google can compete with his knowledge that fast.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #6
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Comprehension is your friend.

He was asking about a set that included ALL Batman movies to date, including the animated series/films. Not just the upcoming Ultimate Dark Knight trilogy set.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007

rickah88 is right about what the OP was asking, however I honestly wasn't aware of a different 'ultimate' box set of the Nolan films coming out next year after the (presumably) cheaper set that comes out at the same time as TDKR. So if the OP is into the extras and can wait, he may want to hold off until next year when this set comes out.

While I was aware of the set that gets released at the same time as TDKR, I haven't kept a really close eye on box set options for these three movies since I already have the first two. Now, depending on what is included, I may be double dipping next year. BAH!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
As for the animated series, there's been no accouncement of it coming out on Blu-Ray. WB hasn't exactly been putting much effort into releasing too many cartoon series of this nature on Blu-Ray.
From what I've heard the Batman animated series was captured on video so it doesn't benefit from an HD version. I could be wrong on this.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #9

Dec 2009

I won't be a bit surprised if they have all the 7 movies in one box, just like Superman. But that would seem out of place to me as the Nolan films have nothing related with the previous 4 other than the use of the characters
These need to be on Blu Ray:
- Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (delayed!!!!)
Old 11-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #10
Special Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
No Dynamo of Eternia is my friend, I don't think Google can compete with his knowledge that fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Comprehension is your friend.

He was asking about a set that included ALL Batman movies to date, including the animated series/films. Not just the upcoming Ultimate Dark Knight trilogy set.
Ha ha, my bad!

Quote:
rickah88 is right about what the OP was asking, however I honestly wasn't aware of a different 'ultimate' box set of the Nolan films coming out next year after the (presumably) cheaper set that comes out at the same time as TDKR. So if the OP is into the extras and can wait, he may want to hold off until next year when this set comes out.

While I was aware of the set that gets released at the same time as TDKR, I haven't kept a really close eye on box set options for these three movies since I already have the first two. Now, depending on what is included, I may be double dipping next year. BAH!
But at least my post was news to somebody.

About The Animated Series, I'd read sometime ago how much dust there is throughout the series, trapped between cels when the frames were shot, and that it might be distracting if left in when remastered for HD and the cost to clean them up is an issue for WB.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
Power Member

Dec 2011

Had thought we'd be getting a rerelease/ repackage of the 89 - 97 films when the TDKR hit shelves. Seemed like a great chance for the WB to milk the originals right before Christmas & before they do an anniversary release. Guess I was wrong, . I am dying to own the Keaton/ Burton flicks.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #12
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
From what I've heard the Batman animated series was captured on video so it doesn't benefit from an HD version. I could be wrong on this.
I'm not really sure, but someone did post a short HD clip of one of the BAS shows. It looked pretty good, and that was watching via youtube!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bttfiii View Post
I won't be a bit surprised if they have all the 7 movies in one box, just like Superman. But that would seem out of place to me as the Nolan films have nothing related with the previous 4 other than the use of the characters
The difference is that the Nolan films were a complete reboot of Batman, and are intended to be a distinct, separate continuity.

Superman Returns, on the other hand, was a quasi-sequel to the Christopher Reeves films (from what I understand, it's supposed to essentially be a sequel to Superman II, as if III and IV never happened, or something to that effect). Since it was intended to at the very least be in the vein of the earlier films (even going so far as to use the John Williams score in the opening and keeping the personalities and incarnations of the characters roughly similar to the earlier films), it made sense to include it.

But just as I doubt that we will ever see a box set combining the 89-97 series with the Nolan films, I also I doubt that we will see the new, upcoming Man of Steel movie (which is a complete reboot of Superman) in a box set with the rest of these films.

Now, is it absolutely 100% impossible for those theoretical box sets to happen? No, it could happen in theory if WB randomly decided to do so for whatever reason. But I think the likelihood of it is extremely slim. If I were a gambling man, I certainly wouldn't put "all of my chips" on betting in favor of those sets happening.... and as an actual movie collector, I'm not going to skip getting the films that I want in my collection in the hopes of the extreme off chance occurring of those films actually somehow being combined into a very unlikely box set.

Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; 11-27-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #14
Special Member

May 2009
Rio Grande Valley, Texas

Quote:
Now, is it absolutely 100% impossible for those theoretical box sets to happen? No, it could happen in theory if WB randomly decided to do so for whatever reason. But I think the likelihood of it is extremely slim. If I were a gambling man, I certainly wouldn't put "all of my chips" on betting in favor of those sets happening.... and as an actual movie collector, I'm not going to skip getting the films that I want in my collection in the hopes of the extreme off chance occurring of those films actually somehow being combined into a very unlikely box set.
It will, don't forget it's about making money, not movies.
Order in which to watch the Star Wars Saga: IV-[I*]-V-II-The Clone Wars TV Show (selected episodes if you want)-III-VI *[You can do without watching I]
"Truth Told People Of The World..."
Old 11-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #15

Feb 2012

Looking at Warner Bros release map, didn't know they were planning a new 75th anniversary edition of The Wizard of Oz. That doesn't even make sense: to be 5 years after the 2009 70th Anniversary edition, it'd need to be released in 2014, right? Maybe "4th quarter 2013" really means "1st quarter 2014."

Anyone interested in what the new boxset could be? My 70th Ann box set of WOZ is still worth a good amount online, I should be able to get back more than I payed for it if the new one looks to be better. Right now I'm happy with the box set I have.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #16

Dec 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crimson King View Post
Looking at Warner Bros release map, didn't know they were planning a new 75th anniversary edition of The Wizard of Oz. That doesn't even make sense: to be 5 years after the 2009 70th Anniversary edition, it'd need to be released in 2014, right? Maybe "4th quarter 2013" really means "1st quarter 2014."

Anyone interested in what the new boxset could be? My 70th Ann box set of WOZ is still worth a good amount online, I should be able to get back more than I payed for it if the new one looks to be better. Right now I'm happy with the box set I have.
It is converted to 3d.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #17

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djtannv29 View Post
It is converted to 3d.
Ah. No interest for me then.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #18
Banned

Apr 2012
-

I don't know. What will they call it, The Batman Ultimate Anthology. That was Batman and the other is the Dark Knight. I really want the Batman Anthology still, once I see a good price on that I'll bite and I'll wait for the Ultimate Collectors Edition for the Dark Knight trilogy. Most likely I'll get the UCE first though.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #19
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

I doubt they would package all of the Batman films together. IMO, Shumacher's films had no business being packaged with Burton's films either.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America