Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Masters of Sex: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.96
8 hrs ago
Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99

X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Son of Batman (Blu-ray)
$8.00
10 hrs ago
The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99

You Only Live Twice (Blu-ray)
$3.99
8 hrs ago
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$31.99

The Terminator (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-26-2014, 09:08 PM   #1101
Expert Member

Jun 2014
canada

DVD Talk says this in the review of the blu ray,

"Better still, this set includes something not seen in more than 35 years: the vastly superior pre-release cut of Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, the Addio, zio Tom of Hollywood sci-fi. Until now, viewers had to content themselves with the still-powerful but heavily compromised theatrical release version. In an age when "Director's Cut" is rarely more than a marketing ploy, this one really is a game-changer."

i've only seen these movies on tv years ago and i have no idea which version of Conquest was shown. i can't wait to see the "directors cut" now
Old 08-26-2014, 10:45 PM   #1102
Power Member

Jun 2012
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_wentworth View Post
DVD Talk says this in the review of the blu ray,

"Better still, this set includes something not seen in more than 35 years: the vastly superior pre-release cut of Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, the Addio, zio Tom of Hollywood sci-fi. Until now, viewers had to content themselves with the still-powerful but heavily compromised theatrical release version. In an age when "Director's Cut" is rarely more than a marketing ploy, this one really is a game-changer."

i've only seen these movies on tv years ago and i have no idea which version of Conquest was shown. i can't wait to see the "directors cut" now
You would have seen the theatrical cut if you saw it on TV. In addition to the "directors cut" being a more fitting ending in that it wasn't compromised, the editing used in the theatrical cut during Caesar's final speech is a bit awkward too, once you have seen the way it was supposed to be.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:17 PM   #1103
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJKH View Post
So I have watched the first three films so far, and I was wondering if for my first viewing, if I should watch the alternate cuts of the last two films or if I should just watch the theatrical cuts.
Always best to see the theatrical cut of any film first in my opinion - see what was put out there for the world to see, then see the better version. With these films, best to come back since there are some changes with #4 that will impact #5.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:20 PM   #1104
Expert Member

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJKH View Post
So I have watched the first three films so far, and I was wondering if for my first viewing, if I should watch the alternate cuts of the last two films or if I should just watch the theatrical cuts.
The DC of Conquest is the best of any of the sequels by far. But both versions of Battle pretty much reference the theatrical of Conquest heavily so keep that in mind.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:07 AM   #1105

Aug 2014
In my mind

Caesar's speech in Conquest is so much better in the original form. i pulls no punches and is more nihilistic for sure, which is exactly in keeping with the mood of this awesome, but mean-spirited movie. One of the darkest 70's films there is.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:50 AM   #1106

May 2013
Toronto
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by elecrofunk View Post
Caesar's speech in Conquest is so much better in the original form. i pulls no punches and is more nihilistic for sure, which is exactly in keeping with the mood of this awesome, but mean-spirited movie. One of the darkest 70's films there is.
Agree.

Finally seeing the original speech blew me away!
Old 08-27-2014, 06:15 AM   #1107
Expert Member

Jun 2014
canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
You would have seen the theatrical cut if you saw it on TV. In addition to the "directors cut" being a more fitting ending in that it wasn't compromised, the editing used in the theatrical cut during Caesar's final speech is a bit awkward too, once you have seen the way it was supposed to be.
thanks. i've been saving the set to watch but i will soon. can't wait
Old 10-12-2014, 10:25 PM   #1108
Suspended

Jun 2013
California

Which is the best set to get?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America