Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Intern (Blu-ray)
$10.00
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Bride of Re-Animator (Blu-ray)
$27.99
NFL Super Bowl 50 Champions: Denver Broncos (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Fargo: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Pieces (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Revenant (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Hotel Transylvania 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Leftovers: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Goosebumps (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Death Walks Twice: Two Films By Luciano Ercoli (Blu-ray)
$49.99
The Martian (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-24-2016, 07:46 AM   #2141
Power Member

Sep 2012
41.7325 N, 49.9469 W

Sorry if its been asked, but does the dialogue on the Blu sound low to anyone else? I kept having to turn it up then turn it back down. I'd say mostly during the scene where Betty and Rita are talking about making the anonymous phone call about the accident. I probably just need to go to Beltone.

Other than that, it looks great and I love how Criterion kept from adding a scene select option.
Display: Panasonic 55" GT50 Plasma-ISF Calibrated
BD Players: Panasonic DMP-BDT210/BDX1300 Region Free
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR609-ISF Calibrated 5.1
Surrounds/rears: Polk T15
Center: Polk CS10
Fronts: Polk Tsi300
Sub: Polk PSW110
Favorite movie: James Cameron's Titanic
Old 02-01-2016, 05:16 PM   #2142

Nov 2011
Long Island, New York

Seeing this projected on 35mm, should be great. Never saw a Lynch film in theaters before, though I was plenty old enough to see Inland Empire first time out.
Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM   #2143

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Molotiu View Post
Hi. Newbie here, I just joined to ask this question. I just got a copy of the Criterion Blu Ray, ordered from Amazon. However, it is not letterboxed, despite the claimed 1.85 aspect ratio. Also, every once in a while, these three horizontal lighter stripes flash up, especially on the left side of the screen. I saw artifacts mentioned above but this is much worse than that.

(Phone snapshot from paused image. This is from the crash scene at the beginning, but these stripes flash up, for a frame or so, throughout the movie.)

Do these problems appear in all copies? They seem so bizarre, that I wonder if Amazon is now selling pirated discs. I guess my question is, whether to return the disc to Amazon to get another copy, or just get a refund and wait for a new Blu Ray release. I've had the DVD for ages, I can wait some more.
I've got the same problem! Watching it on my Kuro and no other blu reacts like this, I have to seriously drop the sharpness to stop it from being distracting and by that time it resembles the Studio Canal release. Anyone got solutions for this?
Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM   #2144
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2009

I just watched 'Mulholland Dr" last night. I had small black bars at top and bottom and never noticed any horizontal lines.

FWIW, I have adjusted my 75" Vizio 4K display for no overscan on any side.

Mark
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #2145
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drooch View Post
I've got the same problem! Watching it on my Kuro and no other blu reacts like this, I have to seriously drop the sharpness to stop it from being distracting and by that time it resembles the Studio Canal release. Anyone got solutions for this?
The solution as posted in this thread earlier is to turn off artificial sharpening. This isn't a problem unique to this disc, but it is fairly rare, and is just a case of some settings on TVs not jiving with the disc. Some other guy was posting earlier about how his 4k tv has a few different settings that can cause crap like this, so he often had to adjust certain settings to compensate for certain discs.

If you don't feel like turning it off temporarily, you're just out of luck here I guess.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America