Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
The Art of the Steal (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 08-26-2013, 12:11 AM   #141
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
Me too.

That said, I really want to see a new Hulk film based on the 'Indestructible Hulk' comic. The comic sees Banner no longer on the run, working for S.H.I.E.L.D., where he lets them use Hulk when they need him, as long as he gets to work on his science. Banner is a badass in it, as is Hulk, and with the presence of S.H.I.E.L.D. being so prominent in the MCU, it would make sense to go that route in a sequel. It would also be very different than any Hulk film we've seen before. Maybe one day.
I like the sound of that. The solo Hulk movies are pretty hit or miss, but Marvel seems to be on a roll lately so I have faith.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:14 AM   #142
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Billings, MT

More Hulk!

:r ock:
Member formerly known as ed4246.

"That A$$ is a higher truth." - Adventureland.

Panasonic TH58PZ750 Plasma TV
Panasonic DMPBD30K BR Player
Integra DTR-7.8 reciever
Def Tech Bipolar BP7006, Procenter 2000, Supercube 3 with surround speakers
Old 08-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #143
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

With limited choices part of me would rather see a new character that hasn't got a film. Preferably a female one. Come on studios, be brave!

We've already had tons of Hulk movies. I can wait for another solo Hulk. If I need that I'll pop in Ang Lee's minor masterpiece.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #144
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Panem
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by assydingo View Post
With limited choices part of me would rather see a new character that hasn't got a film. Preferably a female one. Come on studios, be brave!

We've already had tons of Hulk movies. I can wait for another solo Hulk. If I need that I'll pop in Ang Lee's minor masterpiece.
How about She-Hulk? The only Marvel character I can think of that could probably carry her own solo film is Ms Marvel but I doubt she will get it.
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
Old 08-26-2013, 12:18 AM   #145
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA
Default 'The Incredible Hulk 2'

Quote:

Tons of Hulk movies? You mean the two that have been made? You're right, that's so many...

I would love to see Ms. Marvel, Black Widow, or some of the other marvel heroines get their own films. Maybe someday.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell
Letterboxd: pj_campbell
Old 08-26-2013, 01:01 AM   #146
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
How about She-Hulk? The only Marvel character I can think of that could probably carry her own solo film is Ms Marvel but I doubt she will get it.
Ms. Marvel is bad ass. Very little familiarity with She-Hulk. No time like the present to get to know her better!

Quote:
Tons of Hulk movies? You mean the two that have been made? You're right, that's so many...

I would love to see Ms. Marvel, Black Widow, or some of the other marvel heroines get their own films. Maybe someday.
Exactly! Two and a half with The Avengers. Also the 70s/80s live action TV show, new animated TV show, other animated films, etc. It's 2013. Time to see girls saving the universe.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:11 AM   #147
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

I'm really hoping for a solo Hulk film in Phase 3.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:05 AM   #148
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Well, Whedon at SDCC said we could have gotten The Wasp in the first Avengers movie, if Scarlett Johansson couldn't come back for the right salary.
(But, he confessed she was "more interesting" and was starting to run away with the script story. )

But then, seeing as She-Hulk pretty much ran away with the 90's cartoon, I can see the same problem happening.

Last edited by EricJ; 08-26-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #149

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edword View Post
I'm really hoping for a solo Hulk film in Phase 3.
Same here.
TOP 5 HIGHEST GROSSING MARVEL MOVIE

The Avengers:$1,518,594,910
Iron Man 3: $1,215,439,994
Thor: The Dark World: $644,629,559
Iron Man 2: $623,933,331
Iron Man: $585,174,222
Old 08-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #150
Special Member

Jan 2009
Portland, OR
Send a message via AIM to fiveseven4combat Send a message via Yahoo to fiveseven4combat

I'm hoping for the Planet Hulk movie that was in rumors awhile back.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #151

Jul 2009

Quote:
That said, I really want to see a new Hulk film based on the 'Indestructible Hulk' comic. The comic sees Banner no longer on the run, working for S.H.I.E.L.D., where he lets them use Hulk when they need him, as long as he gets to work on his science. Banner is a badass in it, as is Hulk, and with the presence of S.H.I.E.L.D. being so prominent in the MCU, it would make sense to go that route in a sequel. It would also be very different than any Hulk film we've seen before. Maybe one day.
This for the sequel with Hulk's actions and the consequences from those actions leading to Planet Hulk for Incredible Hulk 3
Old 04-07-2014, 05:49 PM   #152
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Haddonfield, IL

It drives me crazy that we probably won't get a phase 3 Hulk film. I want one so bad. I hope we do and it's given the care and attention that CA: TWS received. I don't think I'm alone either.
100th Blu-ray: Predator UHE
200th Blu-ray: Chronicle
300th Blu-ray: Friday the 13th Collection

New home theater gallery updated Nov 2013

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...ember=leem6453
Old 04-07-2014, 05:53 PM   #153
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by leem6453 View Post
It drives me crazy that we probably won't get a phase 3 Hulk film. I want one so bad. I hope we do and it's given the care and attention that CA: TWS received. I don't think I'm alone either.
I think it'll be a Phase 4 film, honestly. Because at the end of Phase 3, I think the MCU tide will be changing. There's a definite arc being set up straight to 'Avengers 3', and a solo Hulk film doesn't really directly affect it, so after 'Avengers 3', it's almost certainly going to happen. I want them to base it around the 'Indestructible Hulk' comics. It's a fantastic run, and it would be different from what we've seen before.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell
Letterboxd: pj_campbell
Old 04-07-2014, 05:56 PM   #154
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
Mexico, OH

As much as I love the Hulk, I am not so hellbent on sequels since Ed Norton left and was replaced. Mark Ruffalo did a good job, but, the whole scientist on the run is something that I can't buy with Ruffalo as Banner.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:08 PM   #155

Nov 2010
Rhode Island

The Incredible Hulk is still one of my favorite MCU movies to date. I'm still holding out hope they make another stand alone Hulk movie. Even though Hulk is virtually indestructible, I feel a sense of doom and danger for him in The Incredible Hulk. I have not had that sense with any of the other MCU movies and their respective main characters. The villains in the MCU movies have been jokes/pushovers, where as the Abomination seemed like a legitimate threat.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:26 PM   #156
Power Member

Dec 2010
Miami Lakes, Florida

The Hulk was one of my favorite parts of The Avengers. While TIH is my least favorite of the MCU movies (although I still like it), I love Hulk and would love to see another movie with him.

And even though it still bothers me that the actor was changed (and also, both Hulks look different even though it's the same universe, so the look should be consistent), I ended up liking Ruffalo more in the role.
"He's scraping at the door. Scraping at the door!"

15 Favorite Films: 1) Inglourious Basterds 2) Back to the Future 3) The Empire Strikes Back 4) Pulp Fiction 5) Aliens 6) Halloween 7) Jurassic Park 8) Raiders of the Lost Ark 9) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 10) 2001: A Space Odyssey 11) Goodfellas 12) Star Wars 13) Jaws 14) Shaun of the Dead 15) Taxi Driver

My Letterboxd
Old 04-07-2014, 06:30 PM   #157
Power Member

Mar 2009
Nottingham, United Kingdom

Inredible Hulk is my second favourite of the films so far only behind The Avengers so I'm up for a sequel
Old 04-07-2014, 06:35 PM   #158
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Nakatomi Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Zombie View Post
And even though it still bothers me that the actor was changed (and also, both Hulks look different even though it's the same universe, so the look should be consistent), I ended up liking Ruffalo more in the role.
Doesn't bother me that Hulk looks different. I know it's not the same, but it's just like a wardrobe change for me (like Tony's suits, or Thor's hair)
Yippee ki yay

Trade Thread
Old 04-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #159
Power Member

Dec 2010
Miami Lakes, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwerk View Post
Doesn't bother me that Hulk looks different. I know it's not the same, but it's just like a wardrobe change for me (like Tony's suits, or Thor's hair)
I guess you could see it like that, but like you said, it isn't really the same. It's not like a costume. When he turns he should always look the same. Anyways, it was only a minor quibble, not anything that truly bothers me. I just hope they can hang on to one actor this time
"He's scraping at the door. Scraping at the door!"

15 Favorite Films: 1) Inglourious Basterds 2) Back to the Future 3) The Empire Strikes Back 4) Pulp Fiction 5) Aliens 6) Halloween 7) Jurassic Park 8) Raiders of the Lost Ark 9) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 10) 2001: A Space Odyssey 11) Goodfellas 12) Star Wars 13) Jaws 14) Shaun of the Dead 15) Taxi Driver

My Letterboxd
Old 04-07-2014, 07:20 PM   #160
Power Member

Aug 2009

Since Ruffalo signed for multi-appearances, it's about time to start using him.
Gear:
Monitor Audio RS 6's 6.1
Definitive Technology Super Cube 1
Oppo BDP-103
Oppo Dv-981
Pioneer ELITE VSX-92
Panamax M 5400-EX
SAMSUNG 8500
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies