COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Eraserhead (Blu-ray)
$29.10
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Phantom of the Paradise (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Atlantis: The Lost Empire / Atlantis: Milo's Return (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Maniac (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Monsters (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$28.59
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-27-2014, 04:04 AM   #2181
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Suffolk County, NY
Send a message via Skype™ to KaineKinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
I recently unearthed my copy of the first season... apparently it doesn't have the digital copy, though. I think it was an earlier pressing. I thought it would have one, though, considering my True Blood Season 4 has a digital copy and that came way before this if I'm not wrong.

If I contact HBO, will they be willing to give me a digital copy code for it? I bought it some 2 years ago and it is still unopened. Maybe I could bring it to Target or Walmart and ask them for an exchange?
KEEP IT!!!!
The newer pressings altered the final episode!
They removed Bush Jr's head from a pike!
My 3DS nickname: Kaine
My 3DS friend code: 2492-4192-0317
WiiU NNID: Kaine_Morrison
XboX Live GamerTag: KaineKinetic
My Selling Page UPDATED 9/16-14
My Selling Page UPDATED 9/16-14
Thanks given by:
Keyser Soze. (06-27-2014)
Old 06-27-2014, 04:29 AM   #2182
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

Quote:
I recently unearthed my copy of the first season... apparently it doesn't have the digital copy, though. I think it was an earlier pressing. I thought it would have one, though, considering my True Blood Season 4 has a digital copy and that came way before this if I'm not wrong.

If I contact HBO, will they be willing to give me a digital copy code for it? I bought it some 2 years ago and it is still unopened. Maybe I could bring it to Target or Walmart and ask them for an exchange?
GOT S1 was released before S4 of True Blood by 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevins2016 View Post
I actually love having seasons contain DVDs. I have gotten several Blu-ray tv shows for practically free by being able to sell the DVDs and the Digital Copy. My examples right now are season 2 and 3 of Game of Thrones. Got season 2 free after selling DVD/DC and got S3 for under $10, both my person of interests were free, Revolution $5...

I just hope it continues.
That is kind of the reason I don't mind the combo packs with these releases. It helps lower the cost a bit. And since the packaging isn't that much thick because of the inclusion I don't mind. It's not like with Arrow or The Vampire Diaries for instance where the packaging is much thicker because of the DVDs.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:56 AM   #2183
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevins2016 View Post
I actually love having seasons contain DVDs. I have gotten several Blu-ray tv shows for practically free by being able to sell the DVDs and the Digital Copy. My examples right now are season 2 and 3 of Game of Thrones. Got season 2 free after selling DVD/DC and got S3 for under $10, both my person of interests were free, Revolution $5...

I just hope it continues.
I hate that it adds bulk. My S1 set looks noticeably smaller than my S2 and 3 which have a gap where my sold DVDs are. Slimmer is better for me
Old 06-27-2014, 09:41 AM   #2184

Feb 2009
Columbia, MO

I don't like the fold out cases. It reminds of all the tv shows on dvd I used to have. Too bulky.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:14 AM   #2185

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineKinetic View Post
KEEP IT!!!!
The newer pressings altered the final episode!
They removed Bush Jr's head from a pike!
They altered the head. Nothing is changed except for a digitally distorted head so it is not a model of a former President. There are no shots removed, the run time is the exact same. Not only is the original version still extremely easy to find, especially at used movie stores, the new edition comes with a digital copy so it adds more value imho. There really isn't much collector value to the original version.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #2186
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:

Just tell all this to HBO. What's the worst that can happen...they say NO.
I've contacted, what seems like, every studio about recharging codes and they usually do it.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:47 PM   #2187
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Tulsa, OK (but don't hold it against me!)

You say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicgeek View Post
There really isn't much collector value to the original version.
But then, in reference to the repressing, you also concede:

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicgeek View Post
They altered the head.
These two statements contradict one another. Unaltered content = inherently high collector value. It's why I sought out a copy of the unaltered edition at more than twice the price used (but meticulously mint) as I could have had the altered edition new.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:20 PM   #2188

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmaker View Post
You say:

But then, in reference to the repressing, you also concede:

These two statements contradict one another. Unaltered content = inherently high collector value. It's why I sought out a copy of the unaltered edition at more than twice the price used (but meticulously mint) as I could have had the altered edition new.
I mean in terms of monetary value. Sure someone may want it, but the older edition is still sitting on shelves in certain places.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America