Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Turbo (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Robots / Horton Hears a Who / Rio (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Risen (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 11-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #421

Jan 2012
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlygig View Post
I feel like this will be a double feature some day and I'm willing to wait for that to happen and for it to be 4.99. After seeing that happen so many times I'm gonna try to wait and take advantage of it for once.
^This^
Old 12-07-2013, 01:23 AM   #422

Jun 2009
Wales, UK

Can someone clarify if this is region free as it states on this site?
Amazon.co.uk is selling it but it says it's region A.
Still no news on the UK release so may as well purchase these if they are going to work.
Thanks
Slipcases that I need, PM if you can help.

Toy story 1,2
Batman Begins And The Dark Knight
Star Wars: Clone Wars

BDT87's Official Facebook
BDT87's YouTube
Old 12-07-2013, 01:50 AM   #423

Oct 2013
Australia
Australia

doesnt say on the case here (Australia) but should work as I've bought plenty of UK release Blu rays and they all work in Australia (Region B)
Current Setup:

BenQ W1200 projector
150in Telex glass bead Screen
Pioneer VSX820 5.1 AV amp
Pioneer BDP-140 Blu ray
Harmony 1100i tablet remote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:58 AM   #424

Sep 2009
Central Coast, NSW, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDT87 View Post
Can someone clarify if this is region free as it states on this site?
Amazon.co.uk is selling it but it says it's region A.
Still no news on the UK release so may as well purchase these if they are going to work.
Thanks
It's Warner Bros. It's region free. It just will say Region A because if Amazon UK lists it they must differentiate between any local release (if there was one) and an import.

The Australian discs are identical in specs to the US release for your information.
LATEST FOR SALE ITEMS:
Frozen: Collector's Edition (US BD/DVD/DC with slip) $17, Little Mermaid: Diamond Edition (US BD/DVD with slip) $15, Epic (US BD/DVD/UV) $10.
All new/sealed. Prices include shipping anywhere in Australia!

--| Sale/Trade thread - Steels & regular Blus! ...big update January 8! |--
Old 12-07-2013, 02:08 AM   #425
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010
Zeta II Reticuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlygig View Post
I feel like this will be a double feature some day and I'm willing to wait for that to happen and for it to be 4.99. After seeing that happen so many times I'm gonna try to wait and take advantage of it for once.
Same. I'm in a holding pattern on these until I can get them as a 2-pk for $10 or under. Hell, I just paid eight bucks for the Austin Powers triple pack! I'll wait until I can get this under similar conditions.
I mostly come out at night...mostly.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #426

Jun 2009
Wales, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by atexp80 View Post
It's Warner Bros. It's region free. It just will say Region A because if Amazon UK lists it they must differentiate between any local release (if there was one) and an import.

The Australian discs are identical in specs to the US release for your information.
Thank you very much for letting me know.
Slipcases that I need, PM if you can help.

Toy story 1,2
Batman Begins And The Dark Knight
Star Wars: Clone Wars

BDT87's Official Facebook
BDT87's YouTube
Old 02-20-2014, 10:02 PM   #427

Feb 2012
Wisconsin

I love the first film, its one of my favorite comedies of all-time. The problem is Dan Marino might have ruined the movie for me. I had no idea what Dan Marino was like in person until a couple months ago when I was watching Inside The NFL on Showtime and he was a guest analyst.... towards the end of the show the host asked him what it was like to be in Ace Ventura movie and he said "well, Jim Carrey's career would never have taken off if it wasnt for me." I dont know how you guys would interpret this, but it sounded like a dick thing to say. It ruins the movie for me a little bit because I liked Marino and Carrey's chemistry in the movie, it was cool how Marino thought Ace was odd as well as getting along with him. They also asked Marino if Ray Finkle was a guy or girl and he couldnt remember. Also during Inside the NFL, Marino just came off as a real cocky, "give-me money" type of guy. If Dan Marino never would have said those things about Carrey and the movie Id still appreciate it as much as I used to. Dont get me wrong the movie is still great, but I havent watched it since Marino made those comments. BTW, Dan Marino recently got fired from NFL Today on CBS... maybe the guy really is an ass, lol.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:18 PM   #428
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilapimp View Post
I love the first film, its one of my favorite comedies of all-time. The problem is Dan Marino might have ruined the movie for me. I had no idea what Dan Marino was like in person until a couple months ago when I was watching Inside The NFL on Showtime and he was a guest analyst.... towards the end of the show the host asked him what it was like to be in Ace Ventura movie and he said "well, Jim Carrey's career would never have taken off if it wasnt for me." I dont know how you guys would interpret this, but it sounded like a dick thing to say. It ruins the movie for me a little bit because I liked Marino and Carrey's chemistry in the movie, it was cool how Marino thought Ace was odd as well as getting along with him. They also asked Marino if Ray Finkle was a guy or girl and he couldnt remember. Also during Inside the NFL, Marino just came off as a real cocky, "give-me money" type of guy. If Dan Marino never would have said those things about Carrey and the movie Id still appreciate it as much as I used to. Dont get me wrong the movie is still great, but I havent watched it since Marino made those comments. BTW, Dan Marino recently got fired from NFL Today on CBS... maybe the guy really is an ass, lol.
I would have to think Marino was saying that tongue-in-cheek. Although I have heard he not the most friendliest to all people...I don't think he really believe that he is responsible for Jim Carrey's career.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:26 PM   #429

Dec 2010
Riverside, CA

Quote:
Was he trying to be funny or was he really being serious? I have no problem with him saying this if he was messing around. Some people have weird sense of humor, they make jokes while sounding serious sometimes. Maybe that was it?...don't know, but I'd love to see a clip of it if it exists.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:50 PM   #430

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
I would have to think Marino was saying that tongue-in-cheek.
This.

People don't get sarcasm. I bet they all laughed after he said it.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:56 AM   #431
Expert Member

Jun 2011
Fiddler's Green

Quote:
"Dan Marino should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie?"
Let the Art Flow Over You.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America