Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: The Long Riders (Special Edition) $15.68 (57% claimed)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Batman Ninja (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Sicario: Day of the Soldado 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
8 hrs ago
The Foreigner (Blu-ray)
$10.99

Fifty Shades Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Sicario (Blu-ray)
$4.00

The Avengers 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.22

The Matrix Reloaded 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
10 hrs ago
Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Atomic Blonde (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Batman: Gotham by Gaslight (Blu-ray)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
I, Tonya (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #21
Retired Hollywood Insider

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Titan View Post
Arkadin, it is a very good film...an entertaining movie. A western/adventure film that is also a "feel good" movie. It was a blind buy for me and I am really glad I bought it. It does looks fantastic in Blu . I basically bought it as Penton mentioned it over @ the Demetrious thread, never expected to enjoy it as much.
Happy to learn that you liked both the technical quality as well as the content.
To Whom It May Concern - The offers/inquires are appreciated; however, I no longer work only for perks from studio-based home entertainment companies.

Click on this to Learn how to HELP by simply texting
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=11973
Old 04-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #22
Power Member

Oct 2011
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Titan View Post
Arkadin, it is a very good film...an entertaining movie. A western/adventure film that is also a "feel good" movie. It was a blind buy for me and I am really glad I bought it. It does looks fantastic in Blu . I basically bought it as Penton mentioned it over @ the Demetrious thread, never expected to enjoy it as much.
Big "DITTO" here.

Today the dogsled finally arrived - delayed a bit by the lack of snow up here this year - and I finally got to see this thing. What a hoot of a movie and all-round fine disc. I'm quickly running out of superlatives for TT's handling of these half-forgotten catalogue gems...

As impressed as I was by SPHE's now de rigeur PQ, it was the AQ that really floored me. I don't have anything in my system remotely capable of making an audiophile drool, and yet even I noticed a walloping punch from the sonics...especially Alex North's rousing score.

Yee-Haw! And then some...

Last edited by ROclockCK; 04-04-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Thanks given by:
in2video2 (12-19-2015)
Old 12-03-2013, 05:01 AM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Texas

Good movie, looks great on BD and some really solid performances - but that ending ...?
[Show spoiler]No musical climax? Just a sudden black screen and ... gone?
Old 12-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
Glendale, CA

This one is my favorite of the Twilight Time blind buys. Super underrated. A really enjoyable film.

Please help me acquire these Scream Factory slips (in OCD Mint condition):
Cockneys Vs. Zombies,
The Howling, Phantasm II, The Fog, Prince Of Darkness, The Sopranos Complete Collection
Old 12-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #25

Feb 2011

Fabulous looking film and blu ray! However, TT are scumbags for charging so much. I decided to sell my copy and buy a couple of blu rays with the proceedings
Old 12-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #26
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Louisville, KY

I enjoyed this one a lot too. Interesting use of surreal trick photography in a couple of scenes.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:21 PM   #27
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2012
Georgia

Last night, I watched my Twilight Time Blu-ray of Bite the Bullet.

This is one of the unsung gems of the Twilight Time catalog, in my opinion.

Bite the Bullet, which is based on an actual event, tells the story of a 700-mile horse race across the American West in 1906, and of the disparate group of participants and their reasons for being in the race. Gene Hackman and James Coburn play seasoned veterans of the Rough Riders (1st United States Volunteer Cavalry) who balance their longtime friendship with a spirited rivalry as they compete in the race for different purposes. The beautiful Candice Bergen plays an ex-prostitute who has joined the race so that she can use the prize money to help her husband. Jan-Michael Vincent plays a tough kid whose ego gets ahead of his capabilities at every turn. Ben Johnson, who is one of my favorite supporting actors of the western genre, plays an aging cowboy who wants recognition from winning. Ian Bannen plays an Englishman who competes just for the sport. Mario Arteaga plays a tough-as-nails Mexican who struggles with a toothache during the event. Dabney Coleman plays a wealthy contender with a championship horse that seems guaranteed to get him across the finish line before the others.

During its action-packed run time, Bite the Bullet ponders animal cruelty, racism, camaraderie and sportsmanship, and even the mythology of the Old West heroes. Each of the main actors get their share of pivotal scenes, and the fun of the movie lies in observing how the clashing personalities come together in times of distress.

Since I am an ultrarunner, I became immersed in this movie because of the endurance aspect of the story. Back in 2012, I finished a 100-mile race and, as such, qualified to compete in the Western States 100-Mile Endurance Run, which is a pinnacle event in our sport (Sadly, my lottery number for the event was not drawn.). The Western States race had its origins as a 100-mile horse race, but one participant completed the course on foot after his horse experienced an injury. Most don't realize this, but people can actually complete long distances faster than horses, because our physiques enable us to undergo such exertion in a more biologically efficient manner. I thought about this several times while watching Bite the Bullet, since the movie pulls no punches with regard to the toll that this race takes on the horses themselves.

Bite the Bullet also reminded me of a great book, Flanagan's Run by Tom McNab, which is about a trans-American foot race where many runners compete to finish the distance for a huge cash prize. The stories have many parallels, mainly with regard to the reasoning of each participant for being in the event, and with regard to the outcome (without revealing spoilers).

This Twilight Time Blu-ray looks beautiful in terms of technical presentation, and it sounds great.
Thanks given by:
warrian (02-07-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America