New: Black Friday Deals Week has started! Check out the Blu-ray Deals page » ×

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »
Now: Broken Sword Hero $8.59 (46% claimed)
Now: Railroad Tigers $8.64 (3 hours left)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The X-Files: Season 1 to 10 Collection (Blu-ray)
C$69.99
American Horror Story: Roanoke (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
Trolls (Blu-ray)
C$9.96
Alien: Covenant (Blu-ray)
C$13.94
War for the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
C$13.94
007: The Daniel Craig Collection (Blu-ray)
C$12.99
American Horror Story: Hotel (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
Alien: 6 Film Collection (Blu-ray)
C$24.99
War for the Planet of the Apes 4K (Blu-ray)
C$19.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy (Blu-ray)
C$24.99
Assassin's Creed (Blu-ray)
C$9.96
Logan (Blu-ray)
C$13.94
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Canada

Old 01-04-2017, 07:09 AM   #41

Jul 2015
Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphywmm View Post
It seems American Honey isn't being released in Canada - Amazon.ca lists it as "currently unavailable" and is only selling the US version.
Doing some googling I found that it is distributed by Elevation Pictures in Canada. These are the same people who did not do a canadian blu-ray release of Sing Street either. I would not hold by breath on a release from them. The good news would be that their other films, like The Witch, and Triple 9 seem to have gone on Netflix quickly, but I would love a physical release of both of them.
Thanks given by:
murphywmm (01-06-2017)
Old 01-04-2017, 08:19 AM   #42

Jan 2008
Alberta
Canada

Finally getting a canadian release at the end of February -- will be another gr8 reason to revisit this future classic

140" Draper 2.40 scope grayscreen / Panny AX-100 pj w/Panamorph U85 lens / Hitachi 65" CRT 1080i-rptv / Panny BDT360 / OPPO BDP80 / Tosh HDA30 / Yamaha AVRs x 3 / Klipsch, Polk, Velodyne, & Fluance speakers / Buttkicker LFE x 2

Last edited by ambientcafe; 01-12-2017 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:15 PM   #43
Expert Member

Jul 2014
Edmonton, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagda45 View Post
Doing some googling I found that it is distributed by Elevation Pictures in Canada. These are the same people who did not do a canadian blu-ray release of Sing Street either. I would not hold by breath on a release from them. The good news would be that their other films, like The Witch, and Triple 9 seem to have gone on Netflix quickly, but I would love a physical release of both of them.
We can also add Closet Monster to the list of Elevation Pictures films not being released on Blu in Canada. To make matters even worse, it's a Canadian film!

Thankfully, Strand Releasing has stepped up to release it in the US, so we can import it at least.
My top 25 films:

1) Jackie Brown 2) Nashville 3)Apocalypse Now 4) Pulp Fiction 5) All About Eve 6) Blue Velvet 7) Zodiac 8) The Getaway (1972) 9) Almost Famous 10) Tenebre 11) Sorcerer 12) The Wolf of Wall Street 13) Mildred Pierce 14) The Towering Inferno 15) Talk to Her 16) Dressed to Kill 17) Rabid Dogs 18) City of God 19) The Dead Girl 20) Adaptation 21) Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind 22) Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 23) Happiness 24) Spirited Away 25) Harold and Maude
Old 01-19-2017, 07:12 PM   #44

Jul 2015
Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphywmm View Post
We can also add Closet Monster to the list of Elevation Pictures films not being released on Blu in Canada. To make matters even worse, it's a Canadian film!

Thankfully, Strand Releasing has stepped up to release it in the US, so we can import it at least.
Same deal with A Bigger Splash, which has a US release but not an Elevation Pictures release. At least they seem to be releasing Moonlight, but I will hold my breath until I physically see a copy. Man it sucks that they just mostly just squat on home release rights
Old 01-20-2017, 04:21 PM   #45

Oct 2014
Ontario, Canada

Is the Phantasm boxset from Well Go getting a Canadian release? Still nothing up on amazon.ca, and it comes out pretty soon. Really don't want to pay import fees
Top 5 of 2017 (thus far):

1. Blade Runner 2049
2. Dunkirk
3. Wonder Woman
4. It
5. Get Out
Old 01-20-2017, 08:13 PM   #46

Mar 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignoftheHammer View Post
Is the Phantasm boxset from Well Go getting a Canadian release? Still nothing up on amazon.ca, and it comes out pretty soon. Really don't want to pay import fees
It more than likely will be getting a Canadian release. Well Go USA releases are a bit of an odd sort here in Canada sometimes.
For example, their new release Train to Busan (which was released on January 17th) STILL does not have a blu-ray listing up on Amazon.ca. However, it can easily be found at Walmart stores in Canada right now.

My best advice for you is that on release day when the Phantasm collection comes out (March 28th), if there still isn't an Amazon.ca listing for it, then check out your local Walmart and see if they have it there. Chances are, they'll have it.
Live every day like it's the best day of your life.
Thanks given by:
SignoftheHammer (01-21-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 04:30 AM   #47

Oct 2014
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalHDphantom View Post
It more than likely will be getting a Canadian release. Well Go USA releases are a bit of an odd sort here in Canada sometimes.
For example, their new release Train to Busan (which was released on January 17th) STILL does not have a blu-ray listing up on Amazon.ca. However, it can easily be found at Walmart stores in Canada right now.

My best advice for you is that on release day when the Phantasm collection comes out (March 28th), if there still isn't an Amazon.ca listing for it, then check out your local Walmart and see if they have it there. Chances are, they'll have it.
Thanks for the tip!
Top 5 of 2017 (thus far):

1. Blade Runner 2049
2. Dunkirk
3. Wonder Woman
4. It
5. Get Out
Old 01-29-2017, 07:09 PM   #48

Mar 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignoftheHammer View Post
Phantasm Collection pre-order is now up.

https://www.amazon.ca/Phantasm-Blu-r...ywords=blu+ray
Live every day like it's the best day of your life.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:24 PM   #49
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

It looks like we are finally getting 11.22.63 on blu-ray here in Canada.

https://www.amazon.ca/11-22-63-9eps-...5721458&sr=1-3
My Top 5 Movies of All Time:
1. Forrest Gump
2. Back to the Future Part 1 & Back to the Future Part 2
3. Braveheart
4. Halloween (1978)
5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Canada