Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Ted 2 (Blu-ray)
C$6.99
The Man with the Iron Fists 2: The Sting of the Scorpion (Blu-ray)
C$6.99
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
Unbroken (Blu-ray)
C$6.99
Pitch Perfect Aca-Amazing 2-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
C$12.99
Les Misérables (Blu-ray)
C$6.99
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Blu-ray)
C$19.99
Deepwater Horizon (Blu-ray)
C$9.99
Resident Evil: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
C$34.99
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (Blu-ray)
C$19.00
Interstellar (Blu-ray)
C$9.99
Arrival (Blu-ray)
C$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Canada

Old 03-16-2011, 08:34 AM   #41
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008
Ex-Pat of Diamond Capital of North America™

Going to the city in two weeks, so I’m gonna spend some time at Futureshop and HMV. Right in time for a couple of Steelbooks I want releasing on the 29th too!
Old 03-19-2011, 06:51 AM   #42
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2007
Victoria, BC

At Walmart they had the first 3 Die Hards on for $ 8 each, Victoria BC.
HDMI cable CBC
"Your intellect may be confused," he once wrote, "but your emotions will never lie to you." Roger Ebert Physical media forever! In home theater and in life, it’s my firm belief that anything worth doing is worth overdoing. When UHD Blu-ray comes lay of the DNR! Canadian hero "Your like a gas leak, we don't see you, we don't smell you, but your silently killing us all." PSN: blurules
Old 04-08-2011, 02:27 AM   #43

Mar 2011
Canada
Canada Deals!

And Walmart has a bunch of BD titles for only $5.00, and others for $10.00, and others for $15.00.

'The Cell' for example is only $5. And 'Life is Beautiful' is $10.
Other cool titles at those prices.

HMV has some BD titles at two for $20. And others at two for $25, and finally two for $30.

Blockbuster also has some previously viewed BD titles at two for $9.99 and buy two and get the third one for free. But the newest releases are $20, or three for $40.

- HMV and Future Shop give you $5 discount in exchange of any DVD, in any condition, towards the purchase of a Blu-ray disc.!
That is part of a Trade-in program, and many BD titles are part of this deal.
The DVDs go to libraries, or defavoritized places for kids or older people.
Also they want to get rid of the DVD format!
Only in your Dreams...
Old 04-15-2011, 03:36 PM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011
Nouvelle-Écosse, Canada

I've been buying more from Future Shop than anywhere else, esp with the DVD trade-in deal. I'm actually heading there in a few to get HP7.

Wal-Mart pisses me off, as they lie about what's on sale, have rude clerks, and just suck in general.

I was going to Zellers for awhile, as their Disney releases were almost 10 bucks cheaper, even after the coupon. I got the Fantasia set for 15 bucks with the coupon, as they had it for 25. They've since jacked their prices up again, and can be kinda jerkish about price matching.

I've used both Amazon and Chapters for a few films that I couldn't get in store, as they don't keep large stock in my part of the country.

I've also gone to HMV for Narnia, as I couldn't be bothered to spend the gas to save a dollar by going to Wal-Mart after Zellers refused to price-match.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:29 AM   #45

Mar 2011
Ontario, Canada

I buy the vast majority of my stuff from Amazon (.ca and .com). The .com website usually has much better deals...the shipping/duties bite into the deal for sure but i still find lots of their prices hard to beat.

I've been going to BB and FS for the $5 DVD trade in, but for the most part i find their prices higher than amazon.

HMV is only good for the 2/20, 2/25 type deals...some of their catalogue titles are insanely overpriced.

Wal-mart occasionally has great deals...i usually browse there every few weeks and sometimes come up with a few gems for under 10 bucks.

I will buy the occasional used blu at Blockbuster, but they are few and far between.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #46
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

Well I already said HMV before but the first reward I redeemed HMV Pure Points for arrived today and I love HMV even more now

[Show spoiler]

Where else can you buy Blu-Ray and get a free (Some might not look at it as free but I didn't buy anything I wouldn't have bought anyway to earn the points so I look at it as free) autographed guitar from one of your 5 favorite groups of all time?

Please let the closures stick to only select stores and not lose them all together in Canada!!!! Especially after I made a post in this thread praising them for how they have stayed open while similar stores have shutdown. I feel like I should have knocked on wood in retrospect
🎮 XBL: xHAYA8U5Ax 🎮 PSN: Hayabusa85 🎮 Wii U: Hayabusa85 🎮

Last edited by Hayabusa85; 05-03-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #47
Special Member

Feb 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

I use to be pro-FS and Best Buy because they had usually the best prices and were great at price matching titles.

Sadly, a lot has changed and I have barely bought from them in the past year mostly because I buy Disney blu titles and they become major dickeheads because their prices are a few bucks higher then other places and don't want to combine the DMR coupon with the pricematch.

Lately my prime locations are TRU and Rogers Plus for new releases. Yup, TRU usually has some good Disney new release deals and no hassle with coupons/PM. Rogers Plus has great Super Tuesday prices (one day only).
As for catalogue titles. Walmart is definitely the place to go when they have their big summer or Boxing Day sale. Picked up a lot of great movies for $5, $7.50 and $10 the past year. HMV also has some pretty good 2 for $20 or 2 for $30 that blows away FS and Best Buy's catalogue titles.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #48
Contributor

Oct 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa85 View Post
Well I already said HMV before but the first reward I redeemed HMV Pure Points for arrived today and I love HMV even more now

[Show spoiler]

Where else can you buy Blu-Ray and get a free (Some might not look at it as free but I didn't buy anything I wouldn't have bought anyway to earn the points so I look at it as free) autographed guitar from one of your 5 favorite groups of all time?

Please let the closures stick to only select stores and not lose them all together in Canada!!!! Especially after I made a post in this thread praising them for how they have stayed open while similar stores have shutdown. I feel like I should have knocked on wood in retrospect
Yeah that's pretty cool.. Many of their items available are. I'm horrible at saving anything up haha, so have just been using my HMV points when they reach 60,000 to get $10 off. How many points did you redeem for that?
2849 DVDs,
2416 Blu-rays,
165 HD DVDs,
144 Laserdiscs
& counting...

Sale/Trade Thread (new titles regularly: Canadian exclusives, slipcovers, steelbooks): http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=116007
Old 05-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylliam View Post
Yeah that's pretty cool.. Many of their items available are. I'm horrible at saving anything up haha, so have just been using my HMV points when they reach 60,000 to get $10 off. How many points did you redeem for that?
1,250,000 points. With the normal points even with my spending I still wouldn't be anywhere near it but I took advantage of stuff like 5x point weekends and delaying some things I had planned to buy. Already have just under 150,000 points again so not sure what I am going to do this time. The gift cards have always seemed overvalued to me. For the autographed guitar you couldn't even get $300 of gift cards and even without autographs the Omen-6 is around $500 alone. Will probably just let them keep stacking up and see what else pops up in the future. Would love to see some more autographed Blu-Rays or stuff like that since I think I have only seen a couple of signed Blu-Rays so far. The gamer in me would also like to see them get some better gaming rewards since music and film/tv has had a lot of cool stuff but the gaming rewards have not been the greatest. Most of it seems to be pre-order bonuses you could have got pre-ordering a game at Gamestop.

Anybody know how you renew or check when you have even been a member since? Noticed the FAQ says it is good for one year but doesn't give any info on the renewal process or anything. Would suck to have it expire and lose points. Unless it never expires and is a one time purchase of the membership with the FAQ just having a mistake.
🎮 XBL: xHAYA8U5Ax 🎮 PSN: Hayabusa85 🎮 Wii U: Hayabusa85 🎮
Old 05-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #50
Contributor

Oct 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Quote:
Anybody know how you renew or check when you have even been a member since? Noticed the FAQ says it is good for one year but doesn't give any info on the renewal process or anything. Would suck to have it expire and lose points. Unless it never expires and is a one time purchase of the membership with the FAQ just having a mistake.
I too am VERY curious about this... I'll ask when I go there to get some special orders made on Friday.
2849 DVDs,
2416 Blu-rays,
165 HD DVDs,
144 Laserdiscs
& counting...

Sale/Trade Thread (new titles regularly: Canadian exclusives, slipcovers, steelbooks): http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=116007
Old 05-07-2011, 02:58 AM   #51

Sep 2008
Vancouver, Canada

Quote:
For the autographed guitar you couldn't even get $300 of gift cards and even without autographs the Omen-6 is around $500 alone.
So.. do you play something like that or is it like action figures people keep sealed?
Old 05-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #52
Contributor

Oct 2008
Calgary, Alberta

I inquired about the PureHMV card expiry etc... I was told that members will be notified when the expiry is up, 1 year after initial purchase of the card. You can use your reward points to "pay off" the $3 fee again for every renewal.
2849 DVDs,
2416 Blu-rays,
165 HD DVDs,
144 Laserdiscs
& counting...

Old 05-26-2011, 07:40 AM   #53

Jan 2008
Alberta, Canada

I use Future Shop and Wal Mart, but have been going to HMV alot lately. I used my points card for a ten dollar gift card. Now I have enough points to get $25.
PS3 (Bought Jan 1, 2008)
Criterions on Blu: 108
HD-DVD: 14
Old 01-05-2014, 03:07 AM   #54

Apr 2013
Toronto

for new releases i got to Future shop/Best buy/ Target. for deals i hit up Wal-mart and HMV
Follow me on Instagram: @RBlazeLM
Old 01-05-2014, 10:05 PM   #55
Special Member

Oct 2008
Le Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Blaze View Post
for new releases i got to Future shop/Best buy/ Target. for deals i hit up Wal-mart and HMV
lol few years late ...
Old 01-06-2014, 12:25 AM   #56

Dec 2013
Canada

Future Shop and Best Buy
Old 02-10-2014, 03:00 AM   #57

Jan 2007

Futureshop, Amazon
Old 02-10-2014, 04:11 PM   #58

Nov 2008
Canada

Amazon and Kijiji.
Old 12-27-2015, 01:26 PM   #59

Dec 2015
Cool $3 Bluerays

Others have mentioned that Walmart occasionally has decent $5 Bluerays. You might also be able to find $3 Bluerays at Giant Tiger. I recently picked up Another Stakeout, Wall Street Money Never Sleeps, Little Fockers, and The Spy Next Door on Blueray from them (they're old, but heck it's $3). I also picked up a number of DVDs for $1. That said I found that when I visited different locations at different times they had different prices - not all of them are consistent. They have a larger selection of Bluerays in the $9 range, but the ones in the $3 range are decent enough to spend $3 on.

What I've been told about Walmart is that they have some organization that sends them a bunch of DVDs for a short time after which they have to return the DVDs. I asked this while filling out my X-Files collection (managed to get Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 7, 8, 9, but not 4, 5, 6). They were selling each season for $10. I did have to fight with them once over a waterlogged DVD, at first they refused to even exchange the DVD, and I refused to move until they did something (it was hours, not days that I brought it back in). At first they couldn't find the identical title (I did), then they discovered the whole shipment had been waterlogged and all the discs bubbled.

Haven't really set foot in HMV for years - they did something to screw me over 20 years ago so I've never given them my business. It's been so long I forget what stunt they pulled, but I voted with my dollars and gave it to someone else (also shop independents, they're sometimes more $$$ but I like supporting the little guy too).
Old 12-27-2015, 04:25 PM   #60
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaslinux View Post
Others have mentioned that Walmart occasionally has decent $5 Bluerays. You might also be able to find $3 Bluerays at Giant Tiger. I recently picked up Another Stakeout, Wall Street Money Never Sleeps, Little Fockers, and The Spy Next Door on Blueray from them (they're old, but heck it's $3).
Dollarama also has $3 BDs. Like GT it varies from store to store.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Canada