Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
American Horror Story: Roanoke (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
Alien: 6 Film Collection (Blu-ray)
C$24.99
American Horror Story: Hotel (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
War for the Planet of the Apes 4K (Blu-ray)
C$19.99
Hidden Figures (Blu-ray)
C$9.99
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
C$20.99
Homeland: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
C$16.99
War for the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
C$19.99
Sicario 4K (Blu-ray)
C$16.99
The Strain: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
C$20.99
Arrow: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
C$20.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Canada

Old 06-22-2013, 04:06 AM   #1
Special Member

Sep 2010
Toronto, Canada
Angry Goon: PS3 Playback issue with Alliance Disc.

There seems to be a major playback problem on the PS3 concerning the Alliance release of Goon starring Seann William Scott and Liev Shreiber and it's been mentioned in the US thread but with no resolution, so I thought I might bring this up here:

When I pop the disc into the PS3 (has the latest update), it goes through the usual batch of legal statements and previews with no sign of any problem....the problem is that when it reaches the main menu, there are the usual cut scenes as is typical for a menu BUT THERE IS NO MENU SELECTION to be found!

I've done what I could, but I cannot get this disc to play the actual film or extras. I know it's there as someone on the US thread mentioned that other players play this fine, so it's a PS3 issue.

Anyone here know if there has ever been any response from Alliance on the matter or any replacement discs released? Maybe even a workaround to get it to play? I would love to actually get to watch this.
Recently Watched: Hitman: Agent 47, Into The Night, The Magnificent Seven (2016), The Siege Of Firebase Gloria, Walking Tall (2004), The Train, The Taking Of Pelham One Two Three

"I seek righteousness. But I'll take revenge."
Old 06-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #2

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
There seems to be a major playback problem on the PS3 concerning the Alliance release of Goon starring Seann William Scott and Liev Shreiber and it's been mentioned in the US thread but with no resolution, so I thought I might bring this up here:

When I pop the disc into the PS3 (has the latest update), it goes through the usual batch of legal statements and previews with no sign of any problem....the problem is that when it reaches the main menu, there are the usual cut scenes as is typical for a menu BUT THERE IS NO MENU SELECTION to be found!

I've done what I could, but I cannot get this disc to play the actual film or extras. I know it's there as someone on the US thread mentioned that other players play this fine, so it's a PS3 issue.

Anyone here know if there has ever been any response from Alliance on the matter or any replacement discs released? Maybe even a workaround to get it to play? I would love to actually get to watch this.
Try going in and deleting the Blu-Ray data utility Cache, it worked for me
Old 06-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
Special Member

Sep 2010
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieman35 View Post
Try going in and deleting the Blu-Ray data utility Cache, it worked for me
Just to be sure, do you mean delete the file in "Shared Cache Data" named Cache? I see many files in there...I just want to make sure that I'm getting rid of the right one and not compromising the player. Thanks.
Recently Watched: Hitman: Agent 47, Into The Night, The Magnificent Seven (2016), The Siege Of Firebase Gloria, Walking Tall (2004), The Train, The Taking Of Pelham One Two Three

"I seek righteousness. But I'll take revenge."
Old 09-30-2017, 08:12 AM   #4

Jun 2017

I am also having this problem, and clearing the browser cache doesn't work. What's the goddamn fix here!?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Canada