New: Black Friday Deals Week has started! Check out the Blu-ray Deals page » ×

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »
Now: Trolls (Party Edition) $11.08 (16% claimed)
Soon: War for the Planet of the Apes ()
Soon: The Boss Baby (Special Edition) ()
Soon: Logan ()
Soon: Captain Underpants: The First … ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Sing (Blu-ray)
C$9.96
American Horror Story: Roanoke (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
Trolls (Blu-ray)
C$9.96
War for the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
C$13.94
007: The Daniel Craig Collection (Blu-ray)
C$12.99
Alien: 6 Film Collection (Blu-ray)
C$24.99
War for the Planet of the Apes 4K (Blu-ray)
C$19.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy (Blu-ray)
C$24.99
American Horror Story: Hotel (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
Alien: Covenant (Blu-ray)
C$13.94
Logan (Blu-ray)
C$13.94
War for the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
C$19.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Canada

Old 09-19-2015, 04:13 PM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoofykindasuperman View Post
Add:
The Way He Looks
Strangerland

Two more titles that have to be imported.
Found a really cool (albiet expensive) store downtown Toronto on Bay St called Bay St Video that carries many US-only Blu-rays. They have lots of mint slips on their movies too, and even carry the limited edition Babadook US release not available in Canada.
Might be true of Sunrise Records as well. I noticed before my local stores got shut down that one store got BDs that Hmv did not yet have but were expensive of course.
Old 09-19-2015, 04:47 PM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008

You can find a lot of the US 'exclusives' listed here at buycdnow.ca and/or thecnl.com if they are not on amazon canada, including Shout ones like Ginger Snaps & Scanners 2/3 but prices tend to around $27 and up at buycdnow and a bit lower at thecnl however sold out more.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:42 AM   #23
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by uther View Post
Actual US exclusives or just have not seen in Canada yet?
Actual US exclusives except for Back Country (which will be released here on Oct 27).
My Top 5 Movies of All Time:
1. Forrest Gump
2. Back to the Future Part 1 & Back to the Future Part 2
3. Braveheart
4. Halloween (1978)
5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Old 09-21-2015, 04:33 AM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze View Post
Actual US exclusives except for Back Country (which will be released here on Oct 27).
More like not found if you look only at Walmart & BB Canada sites.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:19 AM   #25
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

Quote:
More like not found if you look only at Walmart & BB Canada sites.

Um, they are US exclusives because the Canadian distributors who have the rights to those films did not release blu-rays for them in Canada. They are only available on Amazon.ca and other sites as imports (and usually have a inflated price). They do not have an official release in Canada otherwise Best Buy or Wal-Mart would carry some of these titles.
1. Forrest Gump
3. Braveheart
4. Halloween (1978)
Old 09-22-2015, 02:36 AM   #26
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008

Lets do a recap of the several Canadian places you can find 'US exclusives':

Hmv Canada
Amazon Canada
buycdnow.ca
thecnl.com
Bay Street Video
Sunrise Records (seen WB Archives)

Quote:
Um, they are US exclusives because the Canadian distributors who have the rights to those films did not release blu-rays for them in Canada. They are only available on Amazon.ca and other sites as imports (and usually have a inflated price). They do not have an official release in Canada otherwise Best Buy or Wal-Mart would carry some of these titles.
I was wondering how long it would take to move the goalpost of the OP's 'not available in Canada' to 'not cheap enough'. There are sub-forums here dedicated to where BD titles are the lowest price and this thread has run it's course and might as well be locked.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:12 AM   #27
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

Quote:

Hmv Canada
Amazon Canada
buycdnow.ca
thecnl.com
Bay Street Video

I was wondering how long it would take to move the goalpost of the OP's 'not available in Canada' to 'not cheap enough'. There are sub-forums here dedicated to where BD titles are the lowest price and this thread has run it's course and might as well be locked.
Ignorant as usual. I'm done with replying to your posts.
1. Forrest Gump
3. Braveheart
4. Halloween (1978)

Last edited by zeze; 09-22-2015 at 05:41 AM.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:10 AM   #28
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman227460 View Post
Friday the 13 complete collection.
Zoolander (I'm pretty sure this title is OOP already but we never got it but USA did)

I think BB USA has some exclusives that haven't made it here yet but I would have to dig around and check. And I'm surprised Zombeavers isn't available here since it was a Canadian made movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acantho View Post
I could have sworn Paramount released Zoolander in Canada. Would have been early 2000s and it would now be OOP but there is a 2015 re-release of the DVD so we might see a new bluray soon as well. I think they'll wait for Zoolander 2 to hit theaters though so it might still be awhile.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure what happened with the Zoolander blu-ray was that Warner released it as part of their distribution deal with Paramount and just as they did, Paramount made it be known that they were going to be making a part 2 and probably wanted to handle the release themselves so the Warner release was pulled and we'll likely see a re-release from Paramount themselves when 2 comes out. I can't see them not releasing the first one at the very least when 2 comes out on blu. I'm glad too, I managed to snag a copy and flipped it for almost $70 on e-Bay.

Quote:

Hmv Canada
Amazon Canada
buycdnow.ca
thecnl.com
Bay Street Video

The thing about C&L is that ALL of their releases are imports. So even if you go there looking for, say, Clint Eastwood's The Rookie, you're getting the US release not the Canadian one.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:08 PM   #29
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Quote:

Hmv Canada
Amazon Canada
buycdnow.ca
thecnl.com
Bay Street Video

Wow, sorry for ruining your day! Hopefully the Blu-ray gods will appease your wishes so you may die a happy death, whenever that should come.
Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO141FD Owner
LG OLED65E6P Owner

My Flickr
Old 09-22-2015, 04:17 PM   #30
Expert Member

Jul 2014
Edmonton, Canada

I highly recommend putting uther on your ignore list. Life on this forum will be much better as a result.
My top 25 films:

1) Jackie Brown 2) Nashville 3)Apocalypse Now 4) Pulp Fiction 5) All About Eve 6) Blue Velvet 7) Zodiac 8) The Getaway (1972) 9) Almost Famous 10) Tenebre 11) Sorcerer 12) The Wolf of Wall Street 13) Mildred Pierce 14) The Towering Inferno 15) Talk to Her 16) Dressed to Kill 17) Rabid Dogs 18) City of God 19) The Dead Girl 20) Adaptation 21) Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind 22) Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 23) Happiness 24) Spirited Away 25) Harold and Maude
Old 09-22-2015, 06:42 PM   #31
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorfirmer View Post
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 40th Anniversary .
HMV sells this for $20.

$35 for the 4 disc version.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:17 AM   #32
Contributor

Oct 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Canada

Quote:
It hasn't even been out for a year. Its release date in the States was Oct 14, 2014.
Actually it came out 2 years ago, on Sept. 13, 2013.
2849 DVDs,
2416 Blu-rays,
165 HD DVDs,
144 Laserdiscs
& counting...

Sale/Trade Thread (new titles regularly: Canadian exclusives, slipcovers, steelbooks): http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=116007
Old 09-29-2015, 03:50 AM   #33
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylliam View Post
Actually it came out 2 years ago, on Sept. 13, 2013.
Says October 14, 2014 right here.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Zoolander-Blu-ray/48499/
1. Forrest Gump
3. Braveheart
4. Halloween (1978)
Old 09-29-2015, 04:59 AM   #34
Contributor

Oct 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Canada

Quote:
He was referring to the Friday the 13th collection.
2849 DVDs,
2416 Blu-rays,
165 HD DVDs,
144 Laserdiscs
& counting...

Sale/Trade Thread (new titles regularly: Canadian exclusives, slipcovers, steelbooks): http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=116007
Old 10-16-2015, 01:11 AM   #35
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Vancouver, Canada

To add to the list:

The Orphanage
Scary Movie Triple Pack (the movies are available individually though)
Space Dandy Season 2 (yet Season 1 was available on Amazon)
The Collected Works of Hayao Miyazaki (importing this on November is going to hurt my wallet so bad )
Old 10-30-2015, 07:36 PM   #36

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniros View Post
The Collected Works of Hayao Miyazaki (importing this on November is going to hurt my wallet so bad )
Yeah... this exchange rate is killing us collectors big time
Old 11-28-2015, 06:45 PM   #37

Jun 2011
Toronto area, Canada

I didn't know this thread existed until now. I keep my own list of "stuff not available in Canada (that I want)" but it's in shambles because I've imported a lot of them in the meantime.

[Forget Zoolander for now, it's been virtually impossible to get here, was pulled shortly after release in U.S./Canada, and a new Steelbook has been announced but it's release date has already been moved close to when 2 comes out, so I'm waiting for a "1+2" combo BD at this point (unless 2 is "terrible").]

Two I've been pondering, that are a "good" deal now at amazon.com:

Goodfellas, 4K remaster, single disc: US$7.50
and
Ex Machina, with DTS:X (though there's no way for the average person to play it yet), but it's DTS-HD MA 7.1 at least, though rumours are it has a slightly lower video bitrate than the Canada/UK versions, US$8.50

The Wind and the Lion
The Wicker Man (original)
Down Terrace
Kill List

That's all the BDs I can easily find, besides more obvious regional, special label, and TV stuff, titles I import get deleted from my list... Usually I buy these when I import some Acorn stuff (their prices in Canada for Canadian TV shows are typically double [at best!] what they are in the U.S., doesn't seem to be a good marketing plan, what with the huge popularity of Canadian shows there).

Last edited by cfraser; 11-28-2015 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:50 PM   #38
Special Member

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

Doesn't seem as if eOne is releasing a 3D version of Kubo and the Two Strings tomorrow, meaning that version of the film won't be officially available in Canada. This is the first Laika release where the 2D and 3D are on separate discs, so I imagine eOne was just too cheap/lazy/dumb/complacent to produce two different combo packs whereas before they could just put out the 2D/3D US disc as a single release.

Can't say I'm surprised. eOne, like Alliance before them, is a huge pain in the ass. As if I needed more reason to import rather than buying their mediocre product.

Last edited by TM2-Megatron; 11-21-2016 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:38 PM   #39

Dec 2012
Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to toadster101

Why is the Rush Hour trilogy not available in Canada? Does it have something to do with eOne owning distribution rights to the third film? Not being able to get my hands on a copy of Rush Hour 2 without importing is a huge bummer.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:39 PM   #40
Expert Member

Jul 2014
Edmonton, Canada

It seems American Honey isn't being released in Canada - Amazon.ca lists it as "currently unavailable" and is only selling the US version. There doesn't even seem to be a listing for a DVD release, either. That's strange considering it was well reviewed and played at one of my local cinemas. Maybe it will be released later on, but I've ordered the US version anyway.
My top 25 films:

1) Jackie Brown 2) Nashville 3)Apocalypse Now 4) Pulp Fiction 5) All About Eve 6) Blue Velvet 7) Zodiac 8) The Getaway (1972) 9) Almost Famous 10) Tenebre 11) Sorcerer 12) The Wolf of Wall Street 13) Mildred Pierce 14) The Towering Inferno 15) Talk to Her 16) Dressed to Kill 17) Rabid Dogs 18) City of God 19) The Dead Girl 20) Adaptation 21) Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind 22) Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 23) Happiness 24) Spirited Away 25) Harold and Maude
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Canada