New: Black Friday Deals Week has started! Check out the Blu-ray Deals page » ×

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »
Now: Serenity 4K $12.99 (89% claimed)
Now: Fifty Shades of Grey (Unrated … $6.99 (93% claimed)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Baywatch (Blu-ray)
C$9.99
Transformers: The Last Knight (Blu-ray)
C$12.99
Wonder Woman (Blu-ray)
C$13.94
Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
C$16.97
The Fate of the Furious (Blu-ray)
C$9.99
Split (Blu-ray)
C$7.99
American Horror Story: Roanoke (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
Get Out (Blu-ray)
C$9.99
A Dog's Purpose (Blu-ray)
C$9.99
Sing (Blu-ray)
C$9.99
War for the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
C$14.79
Independence Day: Resurgence 3D (Blu-ray)
C$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Canada

Old 06-28-2016, 09:04 PM   #1

Nov 2012
Canada
Thumbs down All Contracts Have Gone to Purolator

Sad news I heard today. Purolator got the contract away from Canada Post and UPS. So if you are getting more than 1 movie at a time from Amazon, chances are it will be through Purolator.

For the past two days I've dealt with Purolator and it was a disaster! On Friday my item was on their truck at 8:01am and never got delivered so it was delayed till Monday. Monday it was never put on the truck to get delivered, so at 11:30 is was delayed again for another day. On top of all this it took nearly a week for Amazon to send my package.

I was so ticked yesterday that I had the delivery sent to the depot for me to pick it up and to do so I had to travel 20min out of my way. Unbelievable!!! I've never had this kind of problem with UPS.
I refuse to let what happened to me make me bitter.
I still completely believe in love and I'm open to anything that will happen to me.
~Nicole Kidman
Old 06-30-2016, 02:44 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008

Amazon Canada also does it's own delivery and I continue to get CanPost delivery to my PO Box as well.

Seems to be more a roll of the dice who does the shipping. You should look into getting a CanPost Flex PO Box, you can choose the place closest to you, after the strike/lockout gets settled that is.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:43 AM   #3

Nov 2010

I don't think it will last long there are rumours of a lock-out as earlier as this saturday if employees goes on strike
Old 06-30-2016, 05:58 AM   #4

Nov 2012
Canada

Purolator will be working throughout the Canada Post strike. Don't know when it's gonna start or end. I just don't want it to go through Purolator again.
I still completely believe in love and I'm open to anything that will happen to me.
~Nicole Kidman
Old 06-30-2016, 07:55 PM   #5
Contributor

Aug 2011

give them a call and ask them to put a signature release on ur address. they might require u to sign a paper and hand it into them. then the guy should just leave the package some place safe if theres some place u want them to leave it like in ur mail box or something just put a note on ur door for them.

after doing this I've never had an issue with them. they get packages to me before noon. were as ups seem to put me at the bottom of the list I don't get stuff from them till 5 or 6 some times longer.

Last edited by aaron158; 06-30-2016 at 08:00 PM.
Thanks given by:
Sukie (06-30-2016)
Old 07-01-2016, 01:23 AM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukie View Post
Purolator will be working throughout the Canada Post strike. Don't know when it's gonna start or end. I just don't want it to go through Purolator again.
Was it you who gave the feedback on amazon canada "Purolator stinks"?
Old 07-01-2016, 01:46 AM   #7
Contributor

Oct 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Canada

My local Shoppers Drug Mart Canada Post is turning away people that want to ship anything now. There isn't even a strike in yet and they're saying f*@! you. Decision for a strike or not is to take place on Saturday.
2849 DVDs,
2416 Blu-rays,
165 HD DVDs,
144 Laserdiscs
& counting...

Sale/Trade Thread (new titles regularly: Canadian exclusives, slipcovers, steelbooks): http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=116007
Old 07-01-2016, 07:20 PM   #8
Special Member

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

I try to avoid couriers where I can, at least for international shipments, but I've always had good experience with Purolator. They're also a Canadian company, and at least you're not supporting UPS and their evil brokerage gouging.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:55 PM   #9

Nov 2012
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by uther View Post
Was it you who gave the feedback on amazon canada "Purolator stinks"?
uh no
~Nicole Kidman
Old 07-14-2016, 04:54 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2015

Oh crap!

Arnold Palmer Signtured on polo shirt golf.....
(PS4) PSN: Bakumatsu Rouman Dainimaku: Gekka no Kenshi. -trophies- 28%
Old 07-15-2016, 02:20 AM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opips3 View Post
Oh crap!

Arnold Palmer Signtured on polo shirt golf.....
I guess you are referring to this:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...post-1.3679879
Old 08-05-2016, 06:49 PM   #12

Mar 2009

I've been having so much trouble with purolator since amazon switched... The purolator driver here is so rude, not only to me but he argued and yelled at my wife when I wasn't home.

Dealt with corporate and they didn't even take him off our route, just now my packages just are "out for delivery" for days until whenever he feels like he wants to bring them
Old 08-06-2016, 12:02 AM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFS View Post
I've been having so much trouble with purolator since amazon switched... The purolator driver here is so rude, not only to me but he argued and yelled at my wife when I wasn't home.

Dealt with corporate and they didn't even take him off our route, just now my packages just are "out for delivery" for days until whenever he feels like he wants to bring them
I have had UPS deliverymen yell at me too.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:06 AM   #14

Mar 2009

I'm sure it's different everywhere, my UPS and FedEx guys were great but this purolator guy hates his life or something
Thanks given by:
Sukie (08-06-2016)
Old 09-25-2016, 10:52 PM   #15
Expert Member

Dec 2015
Canada

On Friday I had three packages from Amazon, all coming from different carriers. One from Canada Post, one from Amazon's own delivery, and one from Purolator.

So I'm walking home from Starbucks in the morning and my Canada Post carrier - who normally arrives at my place around 2pm - sees me, knows that she has two small (carryable) packages for me, and flags me down from across the street so that she can give them to me.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting all day for Purolator - my Amazon package was on his truck at 7:33 am - and at 6 pm, apparently he's not going to finish his deliveries for the day, so now my package is locked in his truck all weekend (instead of having an option to pick it up from the depot), and I can only hope he'll deliver it to me on Monday.

As for Amazon's own carriers, they somehow always manage to sneak into my apartment building without being buzzed in. I don't know if they're delivering to someone else as well, which is possible. But their carriers are shifty. And of course you never know when they're coming. And they call you but they don't leave a message, so it's pointless. I never answer calls I don't recognize.

Canada Post is the best, definitely in part because I have a great carrier, but also because they deliver at a known time every day, and if they happen to miss me (which is hard because I work from home), the post office is 15 minutes walk and I just pick up my package.

Purolator is the worst. Love Canada Post. Not the biggest fan of Amazon's own carriers.
Thanks given by:
Chiu.0606 (09-26-2016), Sukie (09-26-2016)
Old 09-26-2016, 05:16 PM   #16

Sep 2016
Default Assistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon K View Post
On Friday I had three packages from Amazon, all coming from different carriers. One from Canada Post, one from Amazon's own delivery, and one from Purolator.

So I'm walking home from Starbucks in the morning and my Canada Post carrier - who normally arrives at my place around 2pm - sees me, knows that she has two small (carryable) packages for me, and flags me down from across the street so that she can give them to me.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting all day for Purolator - my Amazon package was on his truck at 7:33 am - and at 6 pm, apparently he's not going to finish his deliveries for the day, so now my package is locked in his truck all weekend (instead of having an option to pick it up from the depot), and I can only hope he'll deliver it to me on Monday.

As for Amazon's own carriers, they somehow always manage to sneak into my apartment building without being buzzed in. I don't know if they're delivering to someone else as well, which is possible. But their carriers are shifty. And of course you never know when they're coming. And they call you but they don't leave a message, so it's pointless. I never answer calls I don't recognize.

Canada Post is the best, definitely in part because I have a great carrier, but also because they deliver at a known time every day, and if they happen to miss me (which is hard because I work from home), the post office is 15 minutes walk and I just pick up my package.

Purolator is the worst. Love Canada Post. Not the biggest fan of Amazon's own carriers.

Hi Brandon,

I sincerely apologize for the delay in the delivery of your order.

If you would like us to follow up on this service failure and verify the status, please send the tracking number to customer.care@purolator.com. We’ll look into this for you.

Thanks,

Catherine
Customer CareTeam/ Purolator Inc.
E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Canada