Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
American Horror Story: Roanoke (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
Alien: 6 Film Collection (Blu-ray)
C$24.99
American Horror Story: Hotel (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
War for the Planet of the Apes 4K (Blu-ray)
C$19.99
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
C$20.99
Hidden Figures (Blu-ray)
C$9.99
Sicario 4K (Blu-ray)
C$16.99
Homeland: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
C$16.99
War for the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
C$19.99
The Strain: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
007: The Daniel Craig Collection (Blu-ray)
C$12.99
Arrow: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
C$20.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Canada

Old 09-20-2017, 06:25 PM   #1
Expert Member

Sep 2010
Royal Wootton Bassett, UK
Default Expo-67: 50th Anniversary Blu-ray

They are celebrating the 50th anniversary of the highly successful Expo-67 World Fair in Montreal this fortnight. Back in May, a 300-minute BD was released which I want to get. The problem is that I am not sure if it has an English audio option or is French only. Can someone help?
Old 09-21-2017, 04:27 AM   #2

Jun 2015
Great White North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hintermann View Post
They are celebrating the 50th anniversary of the highly successful Expo-67 World Fair in Montreal this fortnight. Back in May, a 300-minute BD was released which I want to get. The problem is that I am not sure if it has an English audio option or is French only. Can someone help?
So far have only found the 50th anniv BD on Amazon.com (not even Amz.ca, go figure?
As you have probably noticed they don't tell much about it.
I'll keep looking though, thru a couple of government sites, somebody must have it or at least know if there is an English edition available.
I'm interested as well, since I went to Expo-67.

Last edited by Gorgon; 09-21-2017 at 04:56 AM.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:44 AM   #3

Aug 2014

I think I saw this at my local Costco here in Montreal for about $20CDN. I think it's the same as what is on Amazon.com, but didn't have a slip. They had a whole bunch.

I looked it over and I don't think it has an English track or English sub-titles. I didn't pick it up, but probably will at some point - I doubt its that hard to follow.

BTW - I was watching a Prisoner episode with a buddy the other day (THE GIRL WHO WAS DEATH) and we think that some of the amusement park stock footage was sourced from EXPO 67.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:31 AM   #4
Expert Member

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
I looked it over and I don't think it has an English track or English sub-titles. I didn't pick it up, but probably will at some point - I doubt its that hard to follow.
But is that not shooting themselves in the foot? An added English track or even subtitles would greatly incease the product's sales potential.

Also, all the DVDs and BDs that I ordered from Amazon Canada in the past have had French & English tracks.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:26 AM   #5

Sep 2011

I can confirm with my copy that it is French only. Haven't gone through it yet, but doing some random spot checks seems to indicate that a good portion of the material is just footage played over music.
Thanks given by:
Hintermann (09-23-2017)
Old 09-23-2017, 10:04 PM   #6

Jun 2015
Great White North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hintermann View Post
But is that not shooting themselves in the foot? An added English track or even subtitles would greatly incease the product's sales potential.

Also, all the DVDs and BDs that I ordered from Amazon Canada in the past have had French & English tracks.
1. Well, without trying to be belligerent, I'll state that dependent on source, not all Francophone companies in Canada are necessarily keen on Bilingualism (same can be said about some Anglophone companies).
2. Amazon.ca does not offer the film (for some bizarre reason) and McNally Robinson, Eatons and The Bay, all VERY Canadian stores, do not carry it either. Sorry

edit; it may be BECAUSE it is not Bilingual, that it is not being carried by major retailers in Canada!

Last edited by Gorgon; 09-23-2017 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:31 PM   #7
Expert Member

Sep 2010

Thanks people. I contacted Archambault, a large AV retailer in Montreal. They had a copy and confirmed that it was French only. Apparently, the company that released it originally went bust or something and so Radio Canada might have taken over. That probably points to poor sales and so hopefully there might be a re-release with an added English track sometime in the near future.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:31 PM   #8

Sep 2011

This is a re-release of the 2007 disc so I wouldn't hold my breath for another one.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:27 AM   #9
Expert Member

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPMA View Post
This is a re-release of the 2007 disc .
Which probably explains why Amazon Canada are not bothering to sell it.

BTW, was there an English version of the 2007 DVD?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Canada