Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mad Men: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Equalizer (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$5.99
John Wick (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Interstellar (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.49
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 9-10 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
The Expendables 3 (Blu-ray)
$15.00
American Sniper (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Archer: The Complete Season Five (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Babadook (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 01-25-2015, 01:58 PM   #3321
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by terp_fan99 View Post
Superman, Batman, WW, Lobo, probably Darkseid, and even Sinestro are too tall without adjusting shelves which wouldn't be a big deal if they offered longer doors like they used to. Plus my Batman and Superman busts are too wide for the Bestas as well.
Ah okay, so you are using the smaller doors that pair up with the shelves. I've got the full length Tombo doors and can adjust the shelves as needed with no problems. I also have the Vassbo full length doors, but they have wooden breaks in them, so with those I only have a few inches +/-.
I just realized I have both Superman & Batman ex PF, but have yet gotten a chance to display them.
#1 on my list whenever we get settled into the new house, is having lightweight custom panels made. Probably acrylic, with a metal frame. That way it will prevent most of the dust from getting in, won't be as heavy as the glass doors and will allow me to adjust shelves how ever I want.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:16 PM   #3322
Power Member

Jul 2012
Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Ah okay, so you are using the smaller doors that pair up with the shelves. I've got the full length Tombo doors and can adjust the shelves as needed with no problems. I also have the Vassbo full length doors, but they have wooden breaks in them, so with those I only have a few inches +/-.
I just realized I have both Superman & Batman ex PF, but have yet gotten a chance to display them.
#1 on my list whenever we get settled into the new house, is having lightweight custom panels made. Probably acrylic, with a metal frame. That way it will prevent most of the dust from getting in, won't be as heavy as the glass doors and will allow me to adjust shelves how ever I want.
You are so lucky to have the full length tombos. If Ikea would ever bring those back I'd probably buy a dozen of them and I probably won't ever have that many bestas LOL.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:42 PM   #3323
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
You are so lucky to have the full length tombos. If Ikea would ever bring those back I'd probably buy a dozen of them and I probably won't ever have that many bestas LOL.
You and me both!! I could use another 5 or 6 Besta's worth!
Old 01-26-2015, 06:25 AM   #3324
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008
Putting the beat down on "PT haterz," land...

Quote:
I think by summer I might look into some type of acrylic full length pieces. I gotta find someone around me who could make something that big though.
Check casesforcollectibles.com. You're closer than I am so shipping would be alot less. That is what kills me when I buy from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terp_fan99 View Post
Good to know. I don't dust near as often as I should either. Everything will get boxed up pretty soon when I move and will probably stay that way until I get decent display cabinets.
Yeah, one thing I've learned over the years of collecting is you can never truly be 100% dust free. The thing is to try and minimize it as much as possible.

You guys have me wondering about the acrylic sheet thing now. Going to do some measurements on the Bestas, and fire off an email to CFC for prices.

Quote:
Perfect especially for taller pieces that can't be displayed in the cube doors.
STARKILLER--1138's Galaxy Far, Far Away.... *Updated 12/5/2014

STARKILLER--1138's Profile @ PSN Profiles

"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep."
Old 01-26-2015, 07:59 PM   #3325
Power Member

Jul 2012
Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARKILLER--1138 View Post
Check casesforcollectibles.com. You're closer than I am so shipping would be alot less. That is what kills me when I buy from them.

Yeah, one thing I've learned over the years of collecting is you can never truly be 100% dust free. The thing is to try and minimize it as much as possible.

You guys have me wondering about the acrylic sheet thing now. Going to do some measurements on the Bestas, and fire off an email to CFC for prices.

Perfect especially for taller pieces that can't be displayed in the cube doors.
I really like what I've seen from them. I was actually planning to order from them if I go the acrylic case route. I also would want to find a nice table/pedestal if I go the case route.

Have you seen the full length besta acrylic sheet thing done before? Its been so long since I looked into that kind of stuff I just don't remember and I'm too lazy to go back and look through all of our posts LOL. I remember the custom acrylic door someone made, and I remember seeing a sheet of glass someone put up but I can't remember just the acrylic panel. I wonder if its strong enough so it won't warp overtime without a frame around it. If that would work I would definitely want to go that route for my tall bestas, assuming the cost wouldn't be ridiculous.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:48 PM   #3326
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008

Quote:
I really like what I've seen from them. I was actually planning to order from them if I go the acrylic case route. I also would want to find a nice table/pedestal if I go the case route.

Have you seen the full length besta acrylic sheet thing done before? Its been so long since I looked into that kind of stuff I just don't remember and I'm too lazy to go back and look through all of our posts LOL. I remember the custom acrylic door someone made, and I remember seeing a sheet of glass someone put up but I can't remember just the acrylic panel. I wonder if its strong enough so it won't warp overtime without a frame around it. If that would work I would definitely want to go that route for my tall bestas, assuming the cost wouldn't be ridiculous.
Yeah, I know what pic you're talking about. I fired off an email to Angela at CFC and waiting for a quote on a single sheet of acrylic to fit a single tall Besta with holes in the corner for screws.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:12 AM   #3327
Power Member

Jul 2012
Wisconsin

Quote:
Yeah, I know what pic you're talking about. I fired off an email to Angela at CFC and waiting for a quote on a single sheet of acrylic to fit a single tall Besta with holes in the corner for screws.
Its going to be interesting to see how much its going to run. Or how much its going to cost to ship that thing .
Old 01-28-2015, 07:38 PM   #3328
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Deatsville, Al

Quote:
Its going to be interesting to see how much its going to run. Or how much its going to cost to ship that thing .
I can't remember if it's Lowes or Home Depot, but one of them do acrylic/Plexiglas. They will cut it for you too and the price isn't bad. I had them do all my square pieces of plexi for the extra shelves in my Detolf cabinets. You should see how much Plexi from them is. Might save you some money.
Home Theater...
Mits WD-65638 65" 1080p DLP 3D HDTV w/3D Starter Kit, DirectTV HD 5 tuner DVR w/ 1TB HD, Onkyo TX-SR508 7.1 3D Rcvr, Sony BDP-S470 3D BR player, PS3 slim 160g, Xbox360 Elite w/Kinect, Wii, Surround: Polk Mon 50's, 30's, Center & Sub, Harmony One, Apple MacMini HTPC,
My Star Wars Room"The Outer Rim" http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...&folderid=2438

Last edited by obiwopkenobi62; 01-28-2015 at 07:39 PM. Reason: correction
Old 01-28-2015, 10:50 PM   #3329
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwopkenobi62 View Post
I can't remember if it's Lowes or Home Depot, but one of them do acrylic/Plexiglas. They will cut it for you too and the price isn't bad. I had them do all my square pieces of plexi for the extra shelves in my Detolf cabinets. You should see how much Plexi from them is. Might save you some money.
Going to have to look into that because the price I was quoted from CFC, I could buy 10 Vara glass doors for the Besta.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:48 AM   #3330
Power Member

Jul 2012
Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwopkenobi62 View Post
That sounds like a good idea. Thanks buddy. I'm going to look into this.

Quote:
Going to have to look into that because the price I was quoted from CFC, I could buy 10 Vara glass doors for the Besta.
Jesus H. Christ LOL. I knew it was going to be bad.
Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM   #3331
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Deatsville, Al

Quote:
That sounds like a good idea. Thanks buddy. I'm going to look into this.

Jesus H. Christ LOL. I knew it was going to be bad.
The Plexi will definitely be a cheaper alternative.
Home Theater...
Mits WD-65638 65" 1080p DLP 3D HDTV w/3D Starter Kit, DirectTV HD 5 tuner DVR w/ 1TB HD, Onkyo TX-SR508 7.1 3D Rcvr, Sony BDP-S470 3D BR player, PS3 slim 160g, Xbox360 Elite w/Kinect, Wii, Surround: Polk Mon 50's, 30's, Center & Sub, Harmony One, Apple MacMini HTPC,
My Star Wars Room"The Outer Rim" http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...&folderid=2438
Old Today, 03:15 PM   #3332
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Oh...my....God....

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/cho-...lognews_012915

I wonder how he got 3 "probe droids" with his Darth Maul EX PF? Mine only came with one bigger "probe droid"??
Thanks given by:
Old Today, 05:01 PM   #3333
Power Member

Jul 2012
Wisconsin

Quote:
Oh...my....God....

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/cho-...lognews_012915

I wonder how he got 3 "probe droids" with his Darth Maul EX PF? Mine only came with one bigger "probe droid"??
Thats a phenomenal SW collection!

Those probe droids are actually just the sixth scale sith probe droid pack:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...2145&archive=y
Old Today, 05:15 PM   #3334
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008

One of my favorite collections! I wonder if anything has changed though since those pics were taken so long ago.

Old Today, 05:50 PM   #3335
Power Member

Jul 2012
Wisconsin

Quote:
One of my favorite collections! I wonder if anything has changed though since those pics were taken so long ago.
I still like the way you have yours displayed better Lou
Old Today, 06:47 PM   #3336
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Thats a phenomenal SW collection!

Those probe droids are actually just the sixth scale sith probe droid pack:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...2145&archive=y
Ahh, okay! I feel better now. I was thinking I had missed out on some sort of exclusive.

Quote:
When are we gonna see your collection on Sideshow, Lou? I'm sure it would get featured.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Movie Props, Replicas, Figures and Memorabilia