Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$13.39
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.91
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #141
NoirFan NoirFan is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
NoirFan's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
1099
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortmartin View Post
what are some of the others? just curious, if you've got them in mind or handy.
Just a few of the top of my head:

Maltese Falcon
Breathless
Citizen Kane
400 Blows
Pather Panchali
Night of the Hunter
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #142
shortmartin shortmartin is offline
Active Member
 
shortmartin's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
midwest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Just a few of the top of my head:

Maltese Falcon
Breathless
Citizen Kane
400 Blows
Pather Panchali
Night of the Hunter
cool, thanks. on a more pedestrian note, I like Duel.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #143
lolwut lolwut is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
lolwut's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Virginia, US
761
188
117
Default

This is the only Malick film I like.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:54 PM   #144
NoirFan NoirFan is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
NoirFan's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
1099
10
Default

What an appropriate username then!

Seriously though, one of the things that keeps bringing me back to this film is the pitch-perfect dialogue, which casually yet expertly manages to be simultaneously mundane and fascinating, even profound. It's like the words both linger and dissipate. A lot of it is just flat-out funny though, in a dry, deadpan way. This exchange could easily find a home in a Jarmusch film:

"Listen, honey - when all this is over, I'm going to sit down and buy you a big, thick steak."

"I don't want a steak."

"Well, we'll see about that."
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:07 AM   #145
hoytereden hoytereden is online now
Expert Member
 
hoytereden's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Surrounded by Water
721
380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
What an appropriate username then!

Seriously though, one of the things that keeps bringing me back to this film is the pitch-perfect dialogue, which casually yet expertly manages to be simultaneously mundane and fascinating, even profound. It's like the words both linger and dissipate. A lot of it is just flat-out funny though, in a dry, deadpan way. This exchange could easily find a home in a Jarmusch film:

"Listen, honey - when all this is over, I'm going to sit down and buy you a big, thick steak."

"I don't want a steak."

"Well, we'll see about that."
[Show spoiler]Or the fact he sends her to get her school books from her locker so she can "Continue her studies" while on the lam.
Hilarious!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:26 AM   #146
Visco. Visco. is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Visco.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Columbus, Ohio
363
4
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
What an appropriate username then!

Seriously though, one of the things that keeps bringing me back to this film is the pitch-perfect dialogue, which casually yet expertly manages to be simultaneously mundane and fascinating, even profound. It's like the words both linger and dissipate. A lot of it is just flat-out funny though, in a dry, deadpan way. This exchange could easily find a home in a Jarmusch film:

"Listen, honey - when all this is over, I'm going to sit down and buy you a big, thick steak."

"I don't want a steak."

"Well, we'll see about that."
Lol that's a great moment. Another one:

"I'm hungry."

"There's an old fudge sicle on the ground."

Or

"Hey look. I found a toaster."
Most films that I find good I don't want to experience again.

-iScottie
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:35 AM   #147
hoytereden hoytereden is online now
Expert Member
 
hoytereden's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Surrounded by Water
721
380
Default

Yep, lots of absurd dialogue in this film but it fits the characters and makes you smile and even laugh! Laugh is not a word that comes to mind when you bring up Malick films.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:02 PM   #148
Millibar Millibar is offline
Senior Member
 
Millibar's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Surrey, UK
615
106
Default

I see a French region B release is due in December, can we expect a UK release?
JVC HD550 D-ILA PJ; Vutec Lectric 2 93"; Arcam AVR600 3D; CA Azur BDP751; Virgin TiVo 1TB; B&W 805D; B&W HTM4D ; B&W CCM817 rears; 2x Velodyne SPL1000's; Samsung ES8000 46"; Sonos 14 zones(inc 2X Play 5's) driving B&W CCM80's & 746S's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:16 PM   #149
AlexIlDottore AlexIlDottore is offline
Special Member
 
AlexIlDottore's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
France
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millibar View Post
I see a French region B release is due in December, can we expect a UK release?
That was announced for the beginning of this year. Then it was moved to the 31 Dec, along with a few other titles. When a title moves date like that, it pretty much means that the release date is uncertain, and will most probably be after the 31st, ie sometime in 2015

It's even been removed from dvdfr, which is pretty reliable. I'd love to be proved wrong though, so that those who are region locked can get it.
Drink up, Mr. innocent. Drink. Everybody's innocent here. There's only one guilty party...and that's me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:44 PM   #150
stvn1974 stvn1974 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
stvn1974's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Oklahoma
3
Default

I am about to watch this for the fist time in probably a decade. Maybe make a Malick day out of it and watch Days Of Heaven and The Thin Red Line later this afternoon and tonight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:44 PM   #151
Millibar Millibar is offline
Senior Member
 
Millibar's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Surrey, UK
615
106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexIlDottore View Post
That was announced for the beginning of this year. Then it was moved to the 31 Dec, along with a few other titles. When a title moves date like that, it pretty much means that the release date is uncertain, and will most probably be after the 31st, ie sometime in 2015

It's even been removed from dvdfr, which is pretty reliable. I'd love to be proved wrong though, so that those who are region locked can get it.
Oh good grief such an important Title too!
JVC HD550 D-ILA PJ; Vutec Lectric 2 93"; Arcam AVR600 3D; CA Azur BDP751; Virgin TiVo 1TB; B&W 805D; B&W HTM4D ; B&W CCM817 rears; 2x Velodyne SPL1000's; Samsung ES8000 46"; Sonos 14 zones(inc 2X Play 5's) driving B&W CCM80's & 746S's.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:55 PM.