Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Fantastic Mr. Fox (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole / Hugo (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Da Vinci's Demons: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Parts 1 & 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Rushmore (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Van Damme 5-Movie Action Pack (Blu-ray)
$30.99
Under The Sea / Deep Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D / Journey 2: The Mysterious Island 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Clash of the Titans 3D / Wrath of the Titans 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Book Thief (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Darjeeling Limited (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old Today, 06:32 AM   #10181

Apr 2010
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Brannigan View Post
Links are always appreciated.
Source
Here's the source.
The world is changed. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.
Thanks given by:
toddly6666 (Today)
Old Today, 07:14 AM   #10182
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddly6666 View Post
FINAL SCENE SPOILER:

[Show spoiler]
Superman talking to Batman, "I want you to meet some friends of mine."

Justice League team reveal.

Credits.

That's going to be an awesome epic final scene, thanks!
Old Today, 09:54 AM   #10183
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
Gothenburg, Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
Comic books -- well, Marvel and DC and their various subs like Vertigo, etc., haven't been aimed at kids in decades. Yes, decades.
No, and unfortunately, they can't really go that route with the films as they're too expensive, and they need to cover that young demographic. I'd like nothing more than to see a Joker akin to what Scott Snyder is writing now, but I don't think that will ever happen outside the pages of the comic.
Old Today, 09:59 AM   #10184
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2013
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC Riot View Post
No, and unfortunately, they can't really go that route with the films as they're too expensive, and they need to cover that young demographic. I'd like nothing more than to see a Joker akin to what Scott Snyder is writing now, but I don't think that will ever happen outside the pages of the comic.
Both Dark Knight and Man of Steel were fairly dark. Granted, not as dark as some of the comics, but at least they weren't played at a 10 year-old audience.

Every once in a while I really wish I were still reading comics, even if not at the insane rate I was before (I was DC only -- well, almost only -- and was getting like 10-15 on a light week!). I've heard good stuff about what Snyder's doing.
"I don't know how much movies should entertain. To me I'm always interested in movies that scar."

"I believe people are perverts ... that's the foundation of my career.

-- David Fincher
Old Today, 10:37 AM   #10185
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Germany

Am I the only one who is not that excited about this movie? First of all we don't know anything about the plot and there are sooo many characters in it. This seems like a jarring, totally overblown mess. What's the running time supposed to be? 3 hours? I can't see this movie work...
Old Today, 11:16 AM   #10186
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2013
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner2007 View Post
Am I the only one who is not that excited about this movie? First of all we don't know anything about the plot and there are sooo many characters in it. This seems like a jarring, totally overblown mess. What's the running time supposed to be? 3 hours? I can't see this movie work...
I have a feeling that there aren't really going to be many characters who are in it for very long.
"I don't know how much movies should entertain. To me I'm always interested in movies that scar."

"I believe people are perverts ... that's the foundation of my career.

-- David Fincher
Old Today, 11:27 AM   #10187
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Quote:
Yes you are the only one. You'll probably see the movie opening weekend anyway.
Old Today, 11:32 AM   #10188
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
Shropshire, UK
Send a message via MSN to dallywhitty

Quote:
I'm excited to see Ben Affleck's take on Batman, but that's about as far as my optimism stretches. I hated Man of Steel so I can only see this being great if it's got a really well-written script.
Favourite film: Blade Runner --- Favourite director: David Lynch
Favourite album: Movement by New Order --- Favourite novel: It by Stephen King

TOP 100 FILMS

Why is everybody on this site obsessed with Emma Watson?
Old Today, 11:40 AM   #10189
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
If this movie is over-stuffed I'd hate to see Avengers AoU or Civil War.
Old Today, 02:09 PM   #10190
Special Member

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
If this movie is over-stuffed I'd hate to see Avengers AoU or Civil War.
Well, there's "over-stuffed" and then there's "over-stuffed" with an actual plan of attack. Many are skeptical because of WB's general handling of their DC properties.

They seem more successful adapting them in an animated form, or for television.

fitprod
Old Today, 04:05 PM   #10191
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Somewhere in England

Quote:
I'm more interested than excited, cautiously optimistic at most. Severely underwhelmed by Man of Steel is holding me off from looking forward to this in any capacity, even if the trailer is amazing it'll have "fool me once" rattling at the back of my head.

That said, I will be seeing it opening weekend, it's Batman vs Superman, it sort of has to be seen since everyone will be talking about it. And if anyone ends up going in wanting it to suck, they'll need their head examined, this isn't a film you want to be bad, even out of spite.
Films to watch in February 2015: The Duke of Burgundy. Catch Me Daddy. It Follows.
Best Films of the 2014: 1) Boyhood. 2) Foxcatcher. 3) Calvary. 4) Birdman. 5) Mr. Turner. 6) Mommy. 7) Frank. 8) Godzilla. 9) Nightcrawler. 10) Inherent Vice
Old Today, 04:33 PM   #10192
Blu-ray Champion

May 2010
NYC

Quote:
it's hard to get excited when we know so little about it
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
dark knight, man of steel