Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Fairy Tail: Part 13 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
White Christmas (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 11-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #621
Power Member

Jun 2007
Singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
BozQ, the soft-decoder filter that's being worked on will do this. As soon as it's ready, software (via an Atmos decoder filter) will tell the sound card/audio interface the same info.
This is open source, isn't it?
Old 11-19-2014, 05:09 PM   #622

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozQ View Post
This is open source, isn't it?
Yes. The first filter fix allowed Atmos disc to be played properly (computer based players had an issue where the Atmos data was messing up playback). My system never had a problem playing back (hmmm?). I bought TF4 on day one and popped it in and it played TrueHD 7.1. The new version of LAV filter sorts out the Atmos issues. What's being worked on now is a decoder for the metadata (if my sources are correct).

A non open source vst already exist for Auro 3D and it will matrix non Auro 3D sources. No Auro 3D movie content exist - but there are about 6 audio only (music) - multi channel disc that exist.

I'm very confident that all of this will make it's way to PC soon (just like Blu did). If its made and mixed on a PC...it can be decoded by one as well

It's about time that Cyberlink update its player (I can play Cyberlink or my old TMT inside of JRiver if I want to...now with all of my JRiver enhancements). With that in mind - I would think that the next version of PDVD will include either Atmos or DTS-UHD decoding...if not both. The PC used to be my test platform of choice...now it's just my platform of choice!
Klipsch Cornwall L/R, Klipsch Heresy center, Definitive Technology BP2's (x4) rear, Wharfedale sw380 Subs (x2), SVS 16-46 CS (X2) 2-8 inch transmission line Subs (rear), Yamaha power Amps mx830 (x2), Adcom 5503 3 channel power amp, Behringer EP4000 Power amp, BD HTPC, Xonar Essence ST/H6 modified Burson Supreme Discreet Opamps, Da-lite 16:9 106" Screen, BenQ 3D Projector, LG 55 inch LED TV.

Last edited by prerich; 11-19-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:04 PM   #623
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Boston, MA

auro probably wont be a real competition as much as they want to be. film studios trust only dolby and DTS. auro's been chomping at the dolby/dts since forever... but they won't make it.
Blu-Ray is so awesome! =)
Old 11-19-2014, 08:35 PM   #624

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFonger View Post
auro probably wont be a real competition as much as they want to be. film studios trust only dolby and DTS. auro's been chomping at the dolby/dts since forever... but they won't make it.
I can agree with that statement. If anything, I see Auro turning into a music only format. It has placed itself into some price processors, and its concentration seems to be multi-channel music.
Klipsch Cornwall L/R, Klipsch Heresy center, Definitive Technology BP2's (x4) rear, Wharfedale sw380 Subs (x2), SVS 16-46 CS (X2) 2-8 inch transmission line Subs (rear), Yamaha power Amps mx830 (x2), Adcom 5503 3 channel power amp, Behringer EP4000 Power amp, BD HTPC, Xonar Essence ST/H6 modified Burson Supreme Discreet Opamps, Da-lite 16:9 106" Screen, BenQ 3D Projector, LG 55 inch LED TV.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #625
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
I can agree with that statement. If anything, I see Auro turning into a music only format. It has placed itself into some price processors, and its concentration seems to be multi-channel music.

Obscure releases on obscure labels. The'd be lucky to be as "successful" as DTS CDs were (and those had some mainstream artists).
Old 11-20-2014, 04:27 AM   #626
Power Member

Jun 2007
Singapore

Quote:
Yes. The first filter fix allowed Atmos disc to be played properly (computer based players had an issue where the Atmos data was messing up playback). My system never had a problem playing back (hmmm?). I bought TF4 on day one and popped it in and it played TrueHD 7.1. The new version of LAV filter sorts out the Atmos issues. What's being worked on now is a decoder for the metadata (if my sources are correct).

A non open source vst already exist for Auro 3D and it will matrix non Auro 3D sources. No Auro 3D movie content exist - but there are about 6 audio only (music) - multi channel disc that exist.

I'm very confident that all of this will make it's way to PC soon (just like Blu did). If its made and mixed on a PC...it can be decoded by one as well

It's about time that Cyberlink update its player (I can play Cyberlink or my old TMT inside of JRiver if I want to...now with all of my JRiver enhancements). With that in mind - I would think that the next version of PDVD will include either Atmos or DTS-UHD decoding...if not both. The PC used to be my test platform of choice...now it's just my platform of choice!
I am impressed, by the open source community for pulling this off.

And I don't expect Dolby Atmos to appear in commercial software yet. But I'd love to see them working with hardware manufacturers, something like Creative to create a sound card that goes beyond 7.1.

Maybe something to push PC gaming into overhead surrounds. Now that will give PC gamers something to brag about.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:37 PM   #627

Dec 2007

Quote:
I am impressed, by the open source community for pulling this off.

And I don't expect Dolby Atmos to appear in commercial software yet. But I'd love to see them working with hardware manufacturers, something like Creative to create a sound card that goes beyond 7.1.

Maybe something to push PC gaming into overhead surrounds. Now that will give PC gamers something to brag about.
That would be sweet, I can see Asus pulling that off before Creative ( just a little jab at Creative - they used to be the sound card kings, now they are behind Asus and HT Omega...speaking of which - HT Omega is supposed to be working on some type of super sound card).
Old 11-20-2014, 03:38 PM   #628
Power Member

Jun 2007
Singapore

Quote:
That would be sweet, I can see Asus pulling that off before Creative ( just a little jab at Creative - they used to be the sound card kings, now they are behind Asus and HT Omega...speaking of which - HT Omega is supposed to be working on some type of super sound card).
I haven't been in touch with PC technology. What about this brand? Auzentech or something? I remember they used to make pretty good HTPC type of sound cards.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #629

Dec 2007

Quote:
I haven't been in touch with PC technology. What about this brand? Auzentech or something? I remember they used to make pretty good HTPC type of sound cards.
Auzentech used to make one of the best sound cards - they haven't done anything in years. The best sound cards are now made by Asus and HT Omega (I actually have the Asus in one htpc and the HT Omega Claro Halo XT in another - both have Burson Supreme op-amp upgrades on the main cards and Muses upgrades on the daughter cards). I will however give Creative a nod for the ZxR too
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Audio Theory and Discussion