Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (DVD)
$44.99
Glee: The Complete Sixth Season (DVD)
$19.96
Covert Affairs: Season Five (DVD)
$22.97
Frasier: The Complete Series (DVD)
$74.69
Mister Ed: The Complete Series (DVD)
$64.49
Sanford and Son: The Complete Series (DVD)
$22.96
Suits: Season Four (DVD)
$22.98
Glee: The Complete Series (DVD)
$61.87
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1-4 (DVD)
$44.00
Annie Oakley: The Complete TV Series (DVD)
$45.99
Fury (DVD)
$9.99
The Boy Next Door (DVD)
$16.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2015, 04:20 PM   #341
Adam82 Adam82 is offline
Member
 
Mar 2014
441
505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
You need to PM a moderator or leave a post in the feedback forum, it sounds like you went from the wrong link Add Blu-ray Movie and not Add DVD. Just remember to make sure you start off from the correct place, if you go from the theatrical listing you've got the option to add a new theatrical listing and Create: Blu-ray DVD UltraViolet iTunes AIV listings, just make sure to pick the right one.

Wait for the BD to be approved then PM a moderator or post a request for it's change in the feedback thread. Don't worry, we've all done it!
I'm sure who the moderator is. How do I find out and PM him?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:53 PM   #342
chip75 chip75 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
chip75's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Wales
778
1751
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam82 View Post
I'm sure who the moderator is. How do I find out and PM him?
Wait until the BD is approved then post a request for it's format to be changed here.
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time." DM
"How many times do I have to buy this thing?" MH
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:03 PM   #343
Adam82 Adam82 is offline
Member
 
Mar 2014
441
505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
Wait until the BD is approved then post a request for it's format to be changed here.
Oh okay! Thank you very much. I posted there, so I guess I'll just wait and see!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:10 PM   #344
chip75 chip75 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
chip75's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Wales
778
1751
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam82 View Post
Oh okay! Thank you very much. I posted there, so I guess I'll just wait and see!
You're welcome. If you need any help just ask.
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time." DM
"How many times do I have to buy this thing?" MH
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:04 AM   #345
Adam82 Adam82 is offline
Member
 
Mar 2014
441
505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
You're welcome. If you need any help just ask.
Awesome! Another question! I am adding another collection, and am looking to bundle the original titles but one of the three doesn't exist on here. Does that mean I have to add the other movie before I bundle it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:05 AM   #346
Evil Evil is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Dump Bin
-
-
73
60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam82 View Post
Awesome! Another question! I am adding another collection, and am looking to bundle the original titles but one of the three doesn't exist on here. Does that mean I have to add the other movie before I bundle it?
Yes.
Muhahahaha! 😈
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:19 PM   #347
Adam82 Adam82 is offline
Member
 
Mar 2014
441
505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Yes.
Okay. So what is the process of adding another version of a movie that already exists?
For example I have a superman returns DVD steelbook, but only the regular editions show up.
Secondly if a movie that exists already, but comes from another region, how do I add that in?
And lastly, how do I add cover art to the movies I've addrd and have been approved?

You folks are awesome! Thank you so much for the guidance!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:31 PM   #348
chip75 chip75 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
chip75's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Wales
778
1751
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam82 View Post
Okay. So what is the process of adding another version of a movie that already exists?
For example I have a superman returns DVD steelbook, but only the regular editions show up.
Secondly if a movie that exists already, but comes from another region, how do I add that in?
And lastly, how do I add cover art to the movies I've addrd and have been approved?

You folks are awesome! Thank you so much for the guidance!
You can go from the theatrical link Add DVD and add the title as usual, as it's a Steelbook, you'd need to fill in the Steelbook bit of the packaging field. If it's an identical DVD, you can Add new/country edition to the original entry to save you some time.

Don't add DVDs from one territory into another territory or Bundle, always keep the US DVDs with US DVDs, don't mix in other countries.

Once the DVD has been approved click Upload covers option. Try to keep your pictures around 1MB. For DVDs of just covers I use 1060 x 1500 images sizes but go a little bigger when I add a case template. 1060 x 1500 is about the same size of what Amazon use in the UK for their cover images, you don't have to get much bigger. It can take a few days for images to be approved (or minutes on occasion).
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time." DM
"How many times do I have to buy this thing?" MH
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:30 PM   #349
Adam82 Adam82 is offline
Member
 
Mar 2014
441
505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
You can go from the theatrical link Add DVD and add the title as usual, as it's a Steelbook, you'd need to fill in the Steelbook bit of the packaging field. If it's an identical DVD, you can Add new/country edition to the original entry to save you some time.

Don't add DVDs from one territory into another territory or Bundle, always keep the US DVDs with US DVDs, don't mix in other countries.

Once the DVD has been approved click Upload covers option. Try to keep your pictures around 1MB. For DVDs of just covers I use 1060 x 1500 images sizes but go a little bigger when I add a case template. 1060 x 1500 is about the same size of what Amazon use in the UK for their cover images, you don't have to get much bigger. It can take a few days for images to be approved (or minutes on occasion).
Okay simple enough. I'll try that.
Just to clarify about the non-us dvd, are you saying that I have to add it a different way or just cannot add it all together?

Thank you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:34 PM   #350
chip75 chip75 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
chip75's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Wales
778
1751
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam82 View Post
Okay simple enough. I'll try that.
Just to clarify about the non-us dvd, are you saying that I have to add it a different way or just cannot add it all together?

Thank you.
If for example you wanted to create a Mad Max box set and the US section had Mad Max and Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior but not Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, then you'd need to a US version of that movie, you can't add a foreign DVD into another country's box set. So you'd go to the theatrical listing of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome and click Add DVD. The same thing if you wanted to create a Mad Max box set but say all the movies were there in your country's database but they were Steelbooks, you'd need to create regular DVD entries for those movies to add to your box set. But as the discs are probably the same, you could click Add new/country edition , add the UPC/EAN and it would save you a bit of time.

Hope that helps!
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time." DM
"How many times do I have to buy this thing?" MH
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:31 PM   #351
Adam82 Adam82 is offline
Member
 
Mar 2014
441
505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
If for example you wanted to create a Mad Max box set and the US section had Mad Max and Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior but not Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, then you'd need to a US version of that movie, you can't add a foreign DVD into another country's box set. So you'd go to the theatrical listing of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome and click Add DVD. The same thing if you wanted to create a Mad Max box set but say all the movies were there in your country's database but they were Steelbooks, you'd need to create regular DVD entries for those movies to add to your box set. But as the discs are probably the same, you could click Add new/country edition , add the UPC/EAN and it would save you a bit of time.

Hope that helps!
How will I know if something is or isn't accepted?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:11 AM   #352
Evil Evil is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Dump Bin
-
-
73
60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam82 View Post
How will I know if something is or isn't accepted?
If something is accepted, you'll see it in the database and it will appear on your contribution history:
http://www.blu-ray.com/community/pro...action=history

If something is not accepted, you usually get a PM with a reason why it was denied.
Muhahahaha! 😈
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:56 AM   #353
Adam82 Adam82 is offline
Member
 
Mar 2014
441
505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
If something is accepted, you'll see it in the database and it will appear on your contribution history:
http://www.blu-ray.com/community/pro...action=history

If something is not accepted, you usually get a PM with a reason why it was denied.
OH!!! Gotcha! Thank you!
So how do they get this contributor number? I have a list that says changes but it is much different than the contributing submissions number.

Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:39 AM   #354
Evil Evil is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Dump Bin
-
-
73
60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam82 View Post
OH!!! Gotcha! Thank you!
So how do they get this contributor number? I have a list that says changes but it is much different than the contributing submissions number.

Thanks!
Another member reported that the counter hasn't been updating properly for several days. Normally, the numbers would add up correctly.
Muhahahaha! 😈
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:59 PM   #355
Adam82 Adam82 is offline
Member
 
Mar 2014
441
505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Another member reported that the counter hasn't been updating properly for several days. Normally, the numbers would add up correctly.
I see. Yeah I got a bit confused, thinking I did something wrong... Thanks for letting me know. I just use it to see if any of my uploads have come through!

I was also wondering if there was a way to edit/change the makeup of the "My Bluray.com" side bar. I want to be able to go right to my community profile where the contributions are shown.

Thank you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:01 PM   #356
Adam82 Adam82 is offline
Member
 
Mar 2014
441
505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Another member reported that the counter hasn't been updating properly for several days. Normally, the numbers would add up correctly.
I just realized that I could hit the news feed button and it takes me right there!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 04:34 PM   #357
Adam82 Adam82 is offline
Member
 
Mar 2014
441
505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Another member reported that the counter hasn't been updating properly for several days. Normally, the numbers would add up correctly.
Do the contributions also include front covers uploads?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:15 AM   #358
Evil Evil is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Dump Bin
-
-
73
60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam82 View Post
Do the contributions also include front covers uploads?
No, cover uploads are not included.
Muhahahaha! 😈
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:22 AM.