Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$5.99
The Equalizer (Blu-ray)
$14.99
ESPN Films 30 for 30: Five-Year Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$99.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Interstellar (Blu-ray)
$22.99
John Wick (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.49
Penguins of Madagascar 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Birdman (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 9-10 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
American Sniper (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Expendables 3 (Blu-ray)
$15.00
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-29-2014, 11:23 PM   #1121

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelings View Post
I've been into Bluray for 8 years now . Started with a PS3 for 12 months then went multi region with a Panasonic . Changed players twice in that time most recently to a Panasonic Bluray recorder.
During that period I've never once had to upgrade firmware to enable playback of any disc.
During that period I've heard several times of problems with Sony players . I think Avatar also required an update to Sony players.

I've no idea why but it seems clear that if you want to ensure you don't have playback issues with Blurays then Panasonic is the way to go.
Didn't Sony also have problems with the recent X-Men release?
Yeah you'd figure they'd have all this ironed out 8 years in, especially Sony. That set is actually the only BRs I've had trouble with though, that I can remember off the top of my head.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:31 AM   #1122

Oct 2009
Texas, USA.

I was wondering if the $19.99 dollar one on Bestbuy is the Legacy Collection with just one case or the 5-film collection with five cases despite the image and the title is the one of the 5-film collection? However, I noticed the release date on the 5-film collection on Bestbuy is the same as the Legacy collection on blu-ray.com. I recently ordered this, so now I'm wondering which one am I supposed to be getting?
"Man does not live by murder alone. He needs affection, approval, encouragement, and occasionally a hearty meal." - Alfred Hitchcock
Old 01-01-2015, 12:34 AM   #1123
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_66 View Post
I was wondering if the $19.99 dollar one on Bestbuy is the Legacy Collection with just one case or the 5-film collection with five cases despite the image and the title is the one of the 5-film collection? However, I noticed the release date on the 5-film collection on Bestbuy is the same as the Legacy collection on blu-ray.com. I recently ordered this, so now I'm wondering which one am I supposed to be getting?
I would assume it will be the new versions with all 5 in a slimmer case. The original version has been OOP for a while, even though it never got expensive due to how many them made.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:42 AM   #1124

Oct 2009
Texas, USA.

Here's hoping you're right. I would also rather have a smaller set so it wouldn't take up so much space.
"Man does not live by murder alone. He needs affection, approval, encouragement, and occasionally a hearty meal." - Alfred Hitchcock
Old 01-01-2015, 01:59 AM   #1125
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Here's hoping you're right. I would also rather have a smaller set so it wouldn't take up so much space.
I'm a stickler for having each movie in its own case, but I would remove the cardboard part of the original set. In the end though I just ended up getting the first movie.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:15 AM   #1126

Dec 2014

Is there any chance of the original being converted to 3D? Or does anyone know of a website that lists all the films that are being converted? I couldn't find anything on my own.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:09 PM   #1127

Oct 2009
Texas, USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
I'm a stickler for having each movie in its own case, but I would remove the cardboard part of the original set. In the end though I just ended up getting the first movie.
I just got rid of the first one to get the box set. The sequels by themselves aren't much, but together I found them to be a pretty good collection of films. To me they all build on the first one.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:20 PM   #1128
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMOESIAH View Post
Is there any chance of the original being converted to 3D?
God I hope not.
You can't stop progress.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:40 PM   #1129

Dec 2014

I have the US "book" format release as it came out before the UK got the movies on Blu.
Then I got the UK 5 film set then sold it and got the 7 film set.

I'm not really into steelbooks but just ordered the Steelbook of the first movie for about 5 as I liked the artwork.
I even still have the dvd collection , and the tv series and the cartoons. Incidentally , the individual release of the toons are new restorations. The toons in the dvd Apehead set are not very good quality at all
Old 01-11-2015, 04:35 PM   #1130

Oct 2009
Texas, USA.

Update: The Planet of the Apes collection that came in from bestbuy ended up being the thin single case legacy set with slipcover with red cover art. Though it does not much good to order from bestbuy now since it's on sale on amazon again.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:19 PM   #1131

Jan 2009

DAMN! I just got the new set from Amazon, and the discs are apparently the same as the old set, same exact menu freeze on my BRP. This is so annoying having keep my old Philips BRP set up in my living room just for this one set of movies. My Sony even received a firmware update the other day too. DAMN
Old 01-12-2015, 06:54 PM   #1132
Expert Member

Feb 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Send a message via AIM to Rhoq

Quote:

I saw it the other day while at Best Buy, it's a single case. I can't believe how cheap this collection has become. I bought the "40-Year Evolution" set (with the hardcover book) on release day back in 2008 for $91.95 on Amazon and thought it was a good price back then.
Peace--->Rhoq

My BD Collection

PlayStation Network ID (PS4, PS3 and Vita) / Nintendo Network ID (Wii U): RhoqSolidEnt
Old 01-12-2015, 11:00 PM   #1133
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoq View Post
I saw it the other day while at Best Buy, it's a single case. I can't believe how cheap this collection has become. I bought the "40-Year Evolution" set (with the hardcover book) on release day back in 2008 for $91.95 on Amazon and thought it was a good price back then.

It amazing how cheap blu rays are now, and how cheap people expect them to be. My wife keeps grumbling about how many I buy but they barely cost more than rentals now-a-days, why not buy them?
Old 01-12-2015, 11:27 PM   #1134
Power Member

Jun 2012
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
It amazing how cheap blu rays are now, and how cheap people expect them to be. My wife keeps grumbling about how many I buy but they barely cost more than rentals now-a-days, why not buy them?
Yeah, mine too... and then lo and behold what arrives in the mail? A large box with two leather purses or three pairs of shoes that were "on sale".
Old 01-12-2015, 11:40 PM   #1135
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
Yeah, mine too... and then lo and behold what arrives in the mail? A large box with two leather purses or three pairs of shoes that were "on sale".
Haha... same here! Then she says "well clothes are important and required" as if her 1,000 outfits are necessary. Women!
Old 01-15-2015, 01:30 AM   #1136
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Athens, Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeMF View Post
DAMN! I just got the new set from Amazon, and the discs are apparently the same as the old set, same exact menu freeze on my BRP. This is so annoying having keep my old Philips BRP set up in my living room just for this one set of movies. My Sony even received a firmware update the other day too. DAMN
What Bluray freezes?
Most wanted Blurays: All classic Disney animation films restored to their original look (with grain), without any re-imagining, Raintree County, Star Wars OT, Sissi Trilogy, Spacecamp, Spacehunter: adventures in the forbidden zone, Maurice, Explorers, Mayerling, Supergirl, Free Willy, Return to Oz, True Lies, Abyss, King Solomon's Mines/Allan Quatermain and the lost city of gold, Death in Venice, Wilde, Ulysses 31, Ducktales, Candy Candy (anime series)
Old 01-16-2015, 12:21 AM   #1137

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmmusic View Post
What Bluray freezes?
All of them.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America