Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Fast & Furious 6 (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$22.98
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$16.98
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Intolerable Cruelty (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Rise of the Guardians (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$14.98
The BBC High Definition Natural History Collection 2 (Blu-ray)
$59.99
BTOOOM!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 04-07-2014, 07:48 PM   #161
Special Member

Aug 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada

I want a Hulk and Hawkeye movie just before the Avengers 3 . Just like the animated show in Hulk 2 the Leader takes over a small town setting up the Avengers Gamma World . Unless the Avengers 3 is Thanos then they will have to move it to 4 .
Old 04-07-2014, 08:39 PM   #162
Power Member

Jul 2011
England

A continuation of the Hulk story set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is an excellent idea.

Mark Ruffalo's done a great job so far.

Edward Norton did a good job as well in the first film but I prefer Ruffalo.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:18 AM   #163
Power Member

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fallen Deity View Post
A continuation of the Hulk story set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is an excellent idea.

Mark Ruffalo's done a great job so far.

Edward Norton did a good job as well in the first film but I prefer Ruffalo.

If the behind the scenes turmoil with Norton never happened, it would have truly been a blending of the Universe's characters.
Maybe the reason Feige doesn't really acknowledge TIH is because of Norton's creative contributions to the production... They ran deep. So to not mention that film much is like further alienating Norton. Or maybe I'm reaching.
Gear:
Monitor Audio RS 6's 6.1
Definitive Technology Super Cube 1
Oppo BDP-103
Oppo Dv-981
Pioneer ELITE VSX-92
Panamax M 5400-EX
SAMSUNG 8500
Old 04-08-2014, 02:24 AM   #164

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dragon View Post
If the behind the scenes turmoil with Norton never happened, it would have truly been a blending of the Universe's characters.
Maybe the reason Feige doesn't really acknowledge TIH is because of Norton's creative contributions to the production... They ran deep. So to not mention that film much is like further alienating Norton. Or maybe I'm reaching.
Feige's a piece of crap that needs to get fired or just quit. Yeah there's a lot of Marvel movies being pumped out now but so many weak scripts so far, he's one of the reason Incredible Hulk didn't get to live up to its full potential and that's the only true drama Marvel has made. Everything else is just action comedy. I haven't seen the new Cap but that's what marvel's been up too. Sooner or later that formula will fail.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:30 AM   #165
Expert Member

Jan 2009

The box office numbers show that the Hulk hasn't done well but with the renewed interest from the Avengers, he definitely deserves another shot.
He just needs a creative script and another good villain. The Leader seems like a natural since they set it up in the last movie.
Samsung UN55F6400 TV
Sony STR-DN1000 Receiver
Klipsch KB-15 Icon & Quintet III Speakers/350w SUB
LG BP125 Blu-ray Player
XBOX 360 Slim

The problem with objecting to absolute truth is that you can't say there's anything absolutely wrong with it.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:32 AM   #166

Apr 2014

Yeah another Hulk in Avengers series us needed.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:52 AM   #167
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

Does anyone know in detail for full or real story with Edward Norton and the last Hulk movie? Ie what changes he implemented or what requests he made to change stuff, and the conflict between him and, presumably Feige over the finished product. I would love to know.
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN
Old 04-08-2014, 08:46 AM   #168
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
UK

I would love a sequel.
Currently: Playing:Battlefield 4/ Ryse Son of Rome/ Dead Rising 3/Tomb Raider The Definitive Edition
Old 04-08-2014, 10:56 AM   #169
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderforce View Post
I want a Hulk and Hawkeye movie just before the Avengers 3 . Just like the animated show in Hulk 2 the Leader takes over a small town setting up the Avengers Gamma World . Unless the Avengers 3 is Thanos then they will have to move it to 4 .
That's exactly what's going to happen. Hulk won't happen in Phase 3.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #170
Special Member

Aug 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada

Hey did you guys hear that the leader is supposed to be in the shield tv show ? I guess they might have referenced him in an episode . Just a picture or something like that . I have that one recorded , I will have to look for it tonight when I get home from work .

Last edited by thunderforce; 04-08-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:13 PM   #171
Power Member

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Does anyone know in detail for full or real story with Edward Norton and the last Hulk movie? Ie what changes he implemented or what requests he made to change stuff, and the conflict between him and, presumably Feige over the finished product. I would love to know.
When he signed on to play Banner, he also wanted to somehow capture Hulk by playing him and motion capturing especially the facial expressions. The contributions? Norton totally rewrote the screenplay adding the element of the fugitive Banner on the run, ala the TV series. The element of he learning to try and control/aim his Hulk. He added tons of ideas on The Abomination-Hulk persona.. Lastly 30 mins of character driven sequences, he felt the heart of the film were cut out, leading to Norton refusing to promote the film. The director stated there was far more Hulk-Abomination battle to be seen as welll, at least another 20 mins or so.
I have heard Norton is difficult to work with. I'm not certain that came before this production or after.

Here's the thing; MARVEL came to him and said "we're offering you Hulk...Save our picture. This isn't Ang Lee's Hulk but a reboot. Help us." He did. Rewriting a more adventurous tale, throwing himself into the production. End product being far superior to what they offered.
Gear:
Monitor Audio RS 6's 6.1
Definitive Technology Super Cube 1
Oppo BDP-103
Oppo Dv-981
Pioneer ELITE VSX-92
Panamax M 5400-EX
SAMSUNG 8500
Old 04-09-2014, 06:19 AM   #172

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Norton was offered the role of Hulk for a scone time, his only stipulation he get to write it as a fan. A lot of Hulk Easter eggs are his idea, he focused a lot on character development but Marvel cut a lot of that out of fear of it being too boring or dark. They backed out on their promise with norton but he was still forgiving, downplayed all the turmoil and was speaking to Whedon of playing the Hulk and Feige stabbed him in the back by recasting the role. It's a tragedy and I sometimes hope that Norton returns to the role as his Hulk doesn't make sense in the Avengers universe.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:51 AM   #173
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dragon View Post
When he signed on to play Banner, he also wanted to somehow capture Hulk by playing him and motion capturing especially the facial expressions. The contributions? Norton totally rewrote the screenplay adding the element of the fugitive Banner on the run, ala the TV series. The element of he learning to try and control/aim his Hulk. He added tons of ideas on The Abomination-Hulk persona.. Lastly 30 mins of character driven sequences, he felt the heart of the film were cut out, leading to Norton refusing to promote the film. The director stated there was far more Hulk-Abomination battle to be seen as welll, at least another 20 mins or so.
I have heard Norton is difficult to work with. I'm not certain that came before this production or after.

Here's the thing; MARVEL came to him and said "we're offering you Hulk...Save our picture. This isn't Ang Lee's Hulk but a reboot. Help us." He did. Rewriting a more adventurous tale, throwing himself into the production. End product being far superior to what they offered.
Thanks for your reply. I know stories of Norton being, shall we say particular about how a film should turn out go back to American History X to my recollection, apparently locking the director out of the editing room and recutting the movie himself. I would like to know what kind of Hulk movie it was before Norton had an input as the whole Banner on the run element is a pretty large element of the movie.

It's funny though how much has changed in a few years as there is no way that the Marvel of today would be reaching out to an actor asking that they help 'save the picture'. They have got their stuff together a lot more now.

3D FAN
Old 04-09-2014, 07:52 AM   #174
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endtroducing... View Post
Norton was offered the role of Hulk for a scone time, his only stipulation he get to write it as a fan. A lot of Hulk Easter eggs are his idea, he focused a lot on character development but Marvel cut a lot of that out of fear of it being too boring or dark. They backed out on their promise with norton but he was still forgiving, downplayed all the turmoil and was speaking to Whedon of playing the Hulk and Feige stabbed him in the back by recasting the role. It's a tragedy and I sometimes hope that Norton returns to the role as his Hulk doesn't make sense in the Avengers universe.
I remember Norton being quite keen to be in The Avengers, it's a shame it didn't happen. Although to be honest i can see why Feige would want to avoid any potential turmoil that might come from using him. The last thing they want is egos erupting when such a huge movie needs to be delivered smoothly and on time.

3D FAN
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies