Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$97.07
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Hannibal: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Black Hawk Down (Blu-ray)
$7.98
Old 03-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #981
Expert Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebard View Post
Cool. I placed a pre-order. Already have the 2-disc LE of the original BD release, but the packaging is really ugly and it comes in a double eco-case full of cutouts, from memory. I had wished it looked like the DVD release.
Wanted: Warner Bros UK 90th Anniversary slipcovers for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Exorcist, and A Clockwork Orange.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #982
Special Member

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
Besides, rumor has it at the moment Shout and Universal aren't working together again any time soon, for some reason, at least that's what I hear.
Probably because Universal provides transfers that aren't fit to poop on.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:33 PM   #983
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

FYI all,

I've sent emails to both Anchor Bay and Amazon, since the latter's listing only references 1-disc for the new steelbook.

It's more than likely just an error in their listing, but hopefully I will get a confirmation from one or both parties that the initial ship via amazon will also contain the bonus disc, and people may order with confidence.

I will post here when I have a reply.

EDIT: See update below.

Last edited by thebard; 03-18-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #984

Aug 2010

Quote:
FYI all,

I've sent emails to both Anchor Bay and Amazon, since the latter's listing only references 1-disc for the new steelbook.

It's more than likely just an error in their listing, but hopefully I will get a confirmation from one or both parties that the initial ship via amazon will also contain the bonus disc, and people may order with confidence.

I will post here when I have a reply.
Thanks thebard, I got the original release with the bonus disc from Amazon, so I would guess the same applies here. Just another guess, but Amazon probably doesn't want to list this as a 2 disc set and then get complaint emails later when the initial stock runs out. Easier to just list it as 1 disc.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #985
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by horroru View Post
Thanks thebard, I got the original release with the bonus disc from Amazon, so I would guess the same applies here. Just another guess, but Amazon probably doesn't want to list this as a 2 disc set and then get complaint emails later when the initial stock runs out. Easier to just list it as 1 disc.
That's my thinking as well, sort of a "CYA" decision.
And I expect I'll get a generic response from someone who just looks at the listing and says, k... 1-disc".

That's why I wrote Anchor Bay also. Maybe they can at least say "yes, all our initial pressings will be two-disc" (or not).
Old 03-18-2014, 06:26 PM   #986
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

Bad news, guys:

Quote:
Hello -

I wanted to let you know that the bonus disc listed on the Anchor Bay website was an error. The original Blu-ray release included a DVD bonus disc but that was on initial ship only and is no longer available but that was never removed from the website.

The Evil Dead Steelbook will be one disc only – just the Blu-ray packaged in a Collectible Steelbook.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you for pointing it out though!

Bob Celosky
Sr. Manager of Brand Marketing
Anchor Bay Entertainment
I also spoke to Amazon (before I received the above email), and they of course could only confirm what their listing stated, but they did bump up the shipment of other items in the order . So I will probably wait until those ship and then cancel this steelbook; I don't need another copy of this move!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:36 PM   #987

Aug 2010

Quote:
Bad news, guys:

I also spoke to Amazon (before I received the above email), and they of course could only confirm what their listing stated, but they did bump up the shipment of other items in the order . So I will probably wait until those ship and then cancel this steelbook; I don't need another copy of this move!
Wow I stand corrected, thanks for checking into this, much appreciated! I would have sold my amaray case and replaced it with this one, so you saved me there. (although I can be a sucker for a cool steelbook so I may add this to my collection as well...)
Old 03-19-2014, 12:40 AM   #988
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

Amazon let me cancel without removing my free shipping from the rest of the order or losing the promo $.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #989

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42041 View Post
wrong... the top and bottom are chopped off the 1.85:1 version.
am i the only one who wishes the WS version had the obligatory "this film has been formatted from its original version to fit your screen" disclaimer at the start?
Old 04-18-2014, 08:03 PM   #990

Sep 2009
Canada

Going to fan expo this weekend going to get Bruce to autograph My Evil Dead Bluray
Old 04-18-2014, 08:44 PM   #991

May 2013

Does anyone if the limited edition one on Best Buy's website is the actual version LE version? I don't want to order it and they ship me the standard. In the description 'features' section it lists that there is a bonus dvd.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/product/...CgaU8JyhWQBcug
Old 04-18-2014, 08:52 PM   #992

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayxrico View Post
Does anyone if the limited edition one on Best Buy's website is the actual version LE version? I don't want to order it and they ship me the standard. In the description 'features' section it lists that there is a bonus dvd.

The limited editions are long gone. I'll guarantee you that if you were to order that, you would get the single disc blu-ray version.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:08 PM   #993
Power Member

Jan 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayxrico View Post

It's just the regular edition.
Last Bought: American Hustle, The Wolf of Wall Street Future Purchases: American Horror Story: Coven, Walking Dead: Season 4, Girls: Season 3, Her, 12 Years a Slave.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #994
Power Member

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_huntington View Post
am i the only one who wishes the WS version had the obligatory "this film has been formatted from its original version to fit your screen" disclaimer at the start?
No you are not. In fact, it's just damn racist it doesn't! OK, probably not racist, but it's some form of discrimination.
I had to see that ****ing disclaimer on every VHS that wasn't OAR, and from most of what I've read ED played 1.33 in most theaters, so it's an altered ratio!
Old 04-19-2014, 11:59 PM   #995

Sep 2009
Canada

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America