Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Borderlands 2 (PS3)
$19.99
MLB 13: The Show (PS3)
$18.99
WWE 2K14 (PS3)
$29.77
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PS3)
$29.96
Diablo III (PS3)
$37.48
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (PS3)
$14.99
The Walking Dead (PS3)
$19.99
Uncharted 3 (PS3)
$19.99
Payday 2 (PS3)
$19.99
Disney Infinity (PS3)
$54.99
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$39.99
Deadpool (PS3)
$19.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
$39.99
Dark Souls II (PS3)
$49.99
Dragonball Z: Battle of Z (PS3)
$39.99
White Knight Chronicles (PS3)
$8.07
WWE '13 (PS3)
$25.55
The Guided Fate Paradox (PS3)
$29.99
Assassin's Creed III (PS3)
$17.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 04-14-2014, 07:52 PM   #281
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Larsmont, Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_XRS View Post
Finally got the plat on this. Maybe I'll try a melee based character and see how it feels. Total playtime was 121 hours and SL 229.
Congrats. I'm still going in NG+, still pure melee with a bow sometimes. My time is higher than that, but I've been playing quite a lot of coop and did a lot of farming in NG. I will skip it anyway, as I don't need to go there, but today I entered Doors of Pharros area, and it's like I was invisible. Enemies did not see me, and I could not hit them. It's not very exciting anymore. But I'm too far in to quit, now.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:48 PM   #282
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Larsmont, Minnesota

No summon signs in NG++. Should not have used ascetic. Demon of song owns me. SL232
Old 04-15-2014, 08:12 PM   #283
Special Member

Oct 2009
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteinhauer View Post
No summon signs in NG++. Should not have used ascetic. Demon of song owns me. SL232
I'm on my 3rd playthrough. SL270ish. At the Iron Keep right now. Going to try some more PvP for another day then finish the game off for good and get back to BF4.
Anthem - Crown - Behringer - DVDO - Epson - Paradigm - Oppo - Quad 18" Sealed Subs

Proud Member of CAA: Chronic Adjusters Anonymous
Old 04-17-2014, 01:27 AM   #284
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Larsmont, Minnesota

Spent most of the day getting to Rank 2 in Bellkeepers. Now I'm trying to beat the Giant Lord with Benhart. It's really tough. I have found no video help either. Once I get the Benhart trophy, I can use a soul vessel, retool, then go an buy all the incantations I am missing, then burn an ascetic in Drangleic Castle to NG++ so I can purchase a couple more from Chancellor Wellager. And I need to invade Licia, too. Then I will be done, and the PS3 goes back into the closet. Been playing all day with near a million souls, because I am afraid to level up anymore.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:33 AM   #285
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

Quote:
Spent most of the day getting to Rank 2 in Bellkeepers. Now I'm trying to beat the Giant Lord with Benhart. It's really tough. I have found no video help either. Once I get the Benhart trophy, I can use a soul vessel, retool, then go an buy all the incantations I am missing, then burn an ascetic in Drangleic Castle to NG++ so I can purchase a couple more from Chancellor Wellager. And I need to invade Licia, too. Then I will be done, and the PS3 goes back into the closet. Been playing all day with near a million souls, because I am afraid to level up anymore.
The time I was able to defeat the Giant Lord with Benhart alive was by killing the 2 or 3 giants that are there super quick, while keeping the little guys still alive if possible. Benhart can kill those little guys but they keep him busy for a while and far away from the Giant Lord. Then I ran quickly to the Giant Lord and fought him from the upper stairway to the left of him. Pretty much near the time he's about dead was when Benhart came running over.
Plats--86:
Latest Plat--Dark Souls 2
PSN ID: SNAKE_XRS
Old 04-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #286
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Larsmont, Minnesota

Quote:
The time I was able to defeat the Giant Lord with Benhart alive was by killing the 2 or 3 giants that are there super quick, while keeping the little guys still alive if possible. Benhart can kill those little guys but they keep him busy for a while and far away from the Giant Lord. Then I ran quickly to the Giant Lord and fought him from the upper stairway to the left of him. Pretty much near the time he's about dead was when Benhart came running over.
It was actually tough. Benhart just aggros across the rampart immediately, right into the fray. I used a greatbow to take out the giants (along with the fire). Then I had to wait for Benhart to get to the boss before advancing, or Benhart would always get rolled over. It was actually just luck to get to the boss area while Benhart still had more than a couple of stomps worth of health left. So I got that trophy, anyway.

Here's what is not clear to me. Will Chancellor Wellager sell those rare incantations, if you use an ascetic to make that area NG++? Or do you really have to play through NG++ to get there? And do you really need 3 million souls for it? I otherwise need a few spells here and there from Carhillon and Felkin and maybe Titchy and to invade Licia to get one from her. All I need are stupid spells I don't even use.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:24 PM   #287
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

Quote:
Here's what is not clear to me. Will Chancellor Wellager sell those rare incantations, if you use an ascetic to make that area NG++? Or do you really have to play through NG++ to get there? And do you really need 3 million souls for it? I otherwise need a few spells here and there from Carhillon and Felkin and maybe Titchy and to invade Licia to get one from her. All I need are stupid spells I don't even use.
I'm not sure the ascetic will work, because I've seen nothing in any type of walkthrough/guide/roadmap that says it would and I doubt something that big would be overlooked. You would think if it did in fact work people would be all over it because it does save around 5-6 hours of speedrunning a 3rd playthrough. A part of me would tell you to try it because you really have to only make it through to the main entrance on your juiced up run. The other part of me says that the red phantom that shows up behind the 2 elephant guards would be hell on NG+++, but if you have a solid pattern down you may be ok.

For the souls, you would need 3 million SM for that playthrough only, not the carried over amount. That to me is a ridiculous amount, and would require a ton of phantom helping others kill their bosses.

On my 3rd playthrough the primal bonfires I lit (in order) were Rotten, Lost Sinner, Freija, and Iron King. Then I just ran through shrine of winter to the castle.
Plats--86:
Old 04-17-2014, 04:42 PM   #288
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Larsmont, Minnesota

Quote:
I'm not sure the ascetic will work, because I've seen nothing in any type of walkthrough/guide/roadmap that says it would and I doubt something that big would be overlooked. You would think if it did in fact work people would be all over it because it does save around 5-6 hours of speedrunning a 3rd playthrough. A part of me would tell you to try it because you really have to only make it through to the main entrance on your juiced up run. The other part of me says that the red phantom that shows up behind the 2 elephant guards would be hell on NG+++, but if you have a solid pattern down you may be ok.
What I read now is that Wellager will sell them after beating Looking Glass Knight in NG++, but Kings Passage does not have a bonfire so far as I can tell, so I don't think you can boost that area with an ascetic. I wonder had I not traded in those boss souls, could I have unlocked the door without beating them again? Stupid, stupid...it would have been worth a try. I'm not very good at speedruns. Though I think I can avoid the Smelter Demon and Chariot, I had a lot of trouble with Rotten and Old Iron King in NG+.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:48 PM   #289
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Larsmont, Minnesota

No nothing works. Not ascetics. Not soul memory carryover. Nothing. I might quit. I'm not sure it's fun anymore. Just getting to the primal bosses is a nightmare, and I simply can't beat them easily with a fighter. I hate the Pit and Gutter and Gulch. I hate Cove of Tseldora. Iron keep will be in NG+++ for me.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:37 PM   #290
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

Quote:
No nothing works. Not ascetics. Not soul memory carryover. Nothing. I might quit. I'm not sure it's fun anymore. Just getting to the primal bosses is a nightmare, and I simply can't beat them easily with a fighter. I hate the Pit and Gutter and Gulch. I hate Cove of Tseldora. Iron keep will be in NG+++ for me.
If you're on during evenings shoot me a request and I'll try to help you run through. It would be a shame to get this far and not grab a plat for it.
Plats--86:
Old Yesterday, 01:04 AM   #291
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009

I just got Dark Souls 2 on PC. Can't wait to play it next week!

http://www.gifbin.com/f/981592
Projector:Infocus X10 1080p DLP projector & DIY anamorphic lens
TV:Samsung DLP 1080p TV HL-T5676S
Receiver: Yamaha HTR-5640 AV receiver
HTPC/gaming rig
Add me on Steam: rctyke (trogdor2010)

Last edited by Trogdor2010; Yesterday at 01:09 AM.
Old Yesterday, 07:21 AM   #292
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Larsmont, Minnesota

Quote:
If you're on during evenings shoot me a request and I'll try to help you run through. It would be a shame to get this far and not grab a plat for it.
Not quitting. Started NG++ with 2.5 million+ souls. Bought the rest of my merchant spells and stocked up on arrows first. Getting past the falconers was actually hard. Ended up on my last soul preserving ring. But now have the soul of the Rotten and am in the Bastille heading for the Sinner. Platinum before the weekend ends. I am afraid to use my souls, though. I still find summon signs now.
Old Yesterday, 11:57 PM   #293
Special Member

Oct 2009
Canada

Quote:
Not quitting. Started NG++ with 2.5 million+ souls. Bought the rest of my merchant spells and stocked up on arrows first. Getting past the falconers was actually hard. Ended up on my last soul preserving ring. But now have the soul of the Rotten and am in the Bastille heading for the Sinner. Platinum before the weekend ends. I am afraid to use my souls, though. I still find summon signs now.
I'm at 302 right now and rarely find anyone anywhere besides the iron keep. I keep getting invaded but my GRS hits with 1307 dmg so if it lasts they are a joke. Finished The Looking Glass knight this morning. Have the Iron Keep left which I keep closed so the invaders have nowhere to run :-)

I don't know what I'm missing for the platinum but don't really care. Just want to know I made it through the 3rd playthrough with no help besides NPCs
Anthem - Crown - Behringer - DVDO - Epson - Paradigm - Oppo - Quad 18" Sealed Subs

Proud Member of CAA: Chronic Adjusters Anonymous
Old Today, 02:47 AM   #294
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Larsmont, Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAWD View Post

I don't know what I'm missing for the platinum but don't really care. Just want to know I made it through the 3rd playthrough with no help besides NPCs
That's pretty good. I'd don't know, maybe at that SL I could do it. The only bosses I have not beaten solo so far are the Smelter Demon and Nashandra, and Smelter is optional. Unfortunately, I did not learn until after I had beaten NG+ that the dark beacons Nashandra uses are destructible. Had I known that, I might have been able to beat her solo, too. Anyway, now I'm trying to be faster, and solo I'm pretty slow. I have only Freja left in NG++ to open the door, and I'm at the start of Tseldora. SL 238. SM 3.8 million.

Even at SL238 summon signs are scarce. I've been doing most stuff solo. Iron keep, as you say, still had a few. I wonder, if I might bet better off closer to 250 or more. Most of the help I find now are melee builds, like myself, so they are not complementary. Summon signs near Freja were scarce in NG+. I will probably have to do her alone with the NPC, like I did in NG+. Once that's done, though, I'm home free.

One of the patches gave some NPC's higher defense, which helped a lot.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3