Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Phantasm (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Blu-ray)
$15.99
High Noon (Blu-ray)
$16.99
American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Krampus (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Labyrinth (Blu-ray)
$52.99
The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses (Blu-ray)
$21.49
Phantasm: RaVager (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Jeepers Creepers (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Johnny Guitar (Blu-ray)
$16.99
It (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 06-02-2016, 11:55 PM   #981
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Doh! I meant to ask if it was going to be a motion comic or animated.
Huge fan of the Red Sonja comics, so I'm getting this either way.
Thank you for the image.
Thanks given by:
Movieman66 (06-02-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 11:50 AM   #982

Aug 2013

I waited until the last minute to order from the amazon sale. The only things that have arrived so far are the two Tales From The Crypt blu rays. No slips. Also, the shrinkwrapping on them seemed very unprofessional... it was the kind that is applied with heat and then warps the plastic of the case as well so the case is all rippled. Does Shout Factory every seal their blu rays like this, or did amazon "make these new again"? I checked some other Shout blus I own that are still sealed and they seem to use more professional shrinkwrapping.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:29 PM   #983

Jan 2014

I'm aware that the vast majority of Shout Factory discs are region locked, does anyone have experience of recent releases whether the "top menu" bypass works on them, or not?

Somewhat tempted by the collector's edition of Bill & Ted, with the Rufus figurine, so I'm trying to find out if I'm wasting my time/money, or not.

Thanks for any help!
Old 06-08-2016, 03:48 PM   #984

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzfan84 View Post
I waited until the last minute to order from the amazon sale. The only things that have arrived so far are the two Tales From The Crypt blu rays. No slips. Also, the shrinkwrapping on them seemed very unprofessional... it was the kind that is applied with heat and then warps the plastic of the case as well so the case is all rippled. Does Shout Factory every seal their blu rays like this, or did amazon "make these new again"? I checked some other Shout blus I own that are still sealed and they seem to use more professional shrinkwrapping.
From my experience the second runs without the slipcovers have the lesser shrinkwrapping, this can vary though doesn't seem to be consistent across the board no matter where I order from.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:15 PM   #985

Dec 2015

Pre-orders for The Thing just popped up.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:09 PM   #986

Dec 2011

Cundey is supervising the transfer? Doesn't he have notorious revisionist tendencies? I'm a little iffy, why not have Carpenter supervise it? Apparently the last release was DNRed to hell. Still, this sounds quite promising. This is probably the most high-profile release Scream has done so far. Let's hope its accordingly one of their best.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:47 PM   #987
Special Member

Oct 2012
Minnesota

any coupon codes available
UV codes for sale or trade:
Oblivion, Man of Steel (2), World War Z
Old 06-14-2016, 02:47 PM   #988
Expert Member

Sep 2009
On a grassy knoll
Default Buy now or wait?

Maybe you Shout fans can help me out.

Not much of a horror/obscure fan so there are only four Shout titles that I want right now. (Bad Influence, Death Becomes Her, Living in Oblivion, Sure Thing.) I've been waiting for the prices to come down and now Barnes & Noble is having its brief sale where I can get them for $14-16.

Do they ever get below that? I figured 2 or 3 of those would get to $7 in a year or so but I just looked through several Shout catalog titles and they all seem to be either around $15 or not even available at Amazon or Best Buy any more. Do Shout titles go out of print?

I'm willing to wait if they'll come down like other catalog but maybe I'm being too stingy. From your experience, will these titles ever get below $10?
Last bought: 11.22.63
Biggest want: Monolith Monsters (Germany)
Biggest wishes: Breakdown, The Hitcher, Some Kind of Wonderful
Old 06-14-2016, 02:54 PM   #989
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Beautiful Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian Idol View Post
Maybe you Shout fans can help me out.

Not much of a horror/obscure fan so there are only four Shout titles that I want right now. (Bad Influence, Death Becomes Her, Living in Oblivion, Sure Thing.) I've been waiting for the prices to come down and now Barnes & Noble is having its brief sale where I can get them for $14-16.

Do they ever get below that? I figured 2 or 3 of those would get to $7 in a year or so but I just looked through several Shout catalog titles and they all seem to be either around $15 or not even available at Amazon or Best Buy any more. Do Shout titles go out of print?

I'm willing to wait if they'll come down like other catalog but maybe I'm being too stingy. From your experience, will these titles ever get below $10?

Scream and Shout titles do not drop under $10. There are exceptions to every rule (NINJA 3 comes to mind...since it was a flop release) but it's not something to count on....
Thanks given by:
hanshotfirst1138 (06-16-2016), Kristian Idol (06-14-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 03:05 PM   #990
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2010
New Jersey

Just did an update to the OP with all the new titles up to August. Since a separate Shout Select thread has been started, this thread will be used for titles specifically under the Shout! Factory proper line.
Thanks given by:
cine74 (06-14-2016)
Old 06-20-2016, 03:22 PM   #991
Power Member

Apr 2007
Oxford, MS, USA
-
-

Any comments on Two Minute Warning or Rollercoaster? I am considering picking them up through the current BN sale, but they would be blind buys.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:25 PM   #992

Jan 2016

Two-Minute Warning: Surprise! Shout!Factory included the TV cut after all! Unfortunately (?), all prints of the TV cut were apparently lost in the big Universal fire, so this is a substandard tape-sourced "collector" rip, complete with occasional station watermark, probably the same one you can buy on iOffer. Also, the director's commentary listed on the cover isn't actually there.

Rollercoaster: George Segal kneecapped his own career by publicly trash-talking the film days before its premiere. Producer Jennings Lang (the Airport franchise, Earthquake, Swashbuckler, The Nude Bomb, The Sting II) isn't exactly the Seal of Quality, and this one looks and feels like a high-end TV-movie with two flashes of horrific violence bookending a moderately interesting cat-and-mouse tale. It's lost what little edge it had because "actual rollercoaster POV footage" isn't exactly rare these days, so now it's enjoyable primarily for its cast, including Richard Widmark, Timothy Bottoms, Harry Guardino and Henry Fonda (watch for Helen Hunt and Steve Guttenberg in their first tiny little film roles, with a cameo by Craig Wasson).

Both movies have minor scores with gorgeous themes by Charles Fox and Lalo Schifrin respectively.

DVD Drive-In has a review of both movies and BDs, but proceed with caution: spoilers galore and the reviewer felt the pointless need to (however briefly) inject politics into the TMW review.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:18 AM   #993

Jan 2012
Dallas, TX/Los Angeles, CA

Hey Shout! Hope all is well. What's the possibility on a release of the 1994 Videogame based film, Double Dragon (1994) & 3 Ninjas (1982)?

1) Does Universal still own the U.S. Rights to this title?
2) Does MGM have the rights to 3 Ninjas (1992)? I'm asking this because I've see it occasionally on MGM's website when typing in their search bar, the film's profile shows its with MGM.

Take care.
TV: LG 47" LED LV4400 Series

Blu-Ray player: 320g PS3 Slim

PSN Username: Mechafresh29
Old 06-28-2016, 03:29 AM   #994
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaFresh82 View Post
Hey Shout! Hope all is well. What's the possibility on a release of the 1994 Videogame based film, Double Dragon (1994) & 3 Ninjas (1982)?

1) Does Universal still own the U.S. Rights to this title?
2) Does MGM have the rights to 3 Ninjas (1992)? I'm asking this because I've see it occasionally on MGM's website when typing in their search bar, the film's profile shows its with MGM.

Take care.
3 Ninjas was a Touchstone/Disney title so unless something changed, I imagine it still remains with them. It's entirely possible Disney chose not to renew their license on it.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:07 AM   #995
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frightener22 View Post
3 Ninjas was a Touchstone/Disney title so unless something changed, I imagine it still remains with them. It's entirely possible Disney chose not to renew their license on it.
It's still with Touchstone. The DVD is still in print and the streaming listing on Amazon states Touchstone.

Why it's on the MGM site is beyond me. :/
Thanks given by:
Frightener22 (06-28-2016)
Old 06-28-2016, 05:09 AM   #996
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
It's still with Touchstone. The DVD is still in print and the streaming listing on Amazon states Touchstone.

Why it's on the MGM site is beyond me. :/
That's what I thought too. Very odd for it to be on MGM's site
Old 06-28-2016, 06:00 AM   #997
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Illinois

MGM's site may not be limited to titles they hold US rights to. I think they may hold rights to 3 Ninjas in some international territories.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:24 PM   #998
Special Member

Jun 2014
NYC

Hopeful for another Shout sale soon (one of the ones where they give you a higher percentage off the more you spend). Any annual style ones that may be expected in the near future?
Old 07-06-2016, 06:24 PM   #999
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2013

3 Ninjas was an independent production that Touchstone got US rights while MGM acquired international rights in recent years from the Dino de Laurentiis estate. There was a period in the late 2000's when Starz/Encore ran the film, they used the de Laurentiis/MGM cut, which is slightly different in length and features alternate scenes.

As for Double Dragon, this was a co-production between Gramercy Pictures (the same Gramercy that was resurrected recently by Focus) and Imperial Entertainment. Gramercy had domestic rights while Imperial had international. The domestic rights to Imperial titles are tied up in legal limbo but I believe Universal still has Double Dragon.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors