Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: Age of Extinction (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Spartacus: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$108.99
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$22.49
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$123.99
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$14.49
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$75.99
Treme: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Treme: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Friday the 13th film(s)?
Friday the 13th (1980) 260 24.76%
Friday the 13th Part II 236 22.48%
Friday the 13th Part 3 3D 155 14.76%
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter 346 32.95%
Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning 72 6.86%
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason lives 266 25.33%
Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood 103 9.81%
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan 68 6.48%
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday 46 4.38%
Jason X 88 8.38%
Freddy Vs. Jason 111 10.57%
Friday the 13th (2009) 69 6.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1050. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2014, 03:50 AM   #9941
Special Member

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post
I found it for cheap, so I'm going to check it out. I was at Movie Stop this afternoon and noticed that Crystal Lake Memories is $21.99 in their Halloween Sale section. That was enough to hook me in.

I'll probably go through this documentary on Sunday when I get back from out of town.
It's good, but it's not as good as the Nightmare on Elm Street documentary. That one's got more substance to it cause that series hired those directors with crazy ideas and weird pedigrees that tried to bring their own vision to the series...the stuff on the Nightmare one about 5 in particular is really interesting, especially since it includes all the stuff that got cut out for the R rating.

The Friday documentary is much more of a slog and it comes down to more just a series of talking heads about the effects and filming on each thing instead of the cool conceptual stuff and behind the scenes drama and compromises but if you're a big fan of the series you will love it (though maybe not in one sitting), they interview TONS of people and they afford good time to every single entry.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:04 AM   #9942
Special Member

Sep 2011
San Diego

Quote:
I found it for cheap, so I'm going to check it out. I was at Movie Stop this afternoon and noticed that Crystal Lake Memories is $21.99 in their Halloween Sale section. That was enough to hook me in.

I'll probably go through this documentary on Sunday when I get back from out of town.
i just watched it again last week. agreed, it's not as enthralling as "Never Sleep Again," but i was also much more into Freddy than i ever was w/ Jason. still a thorough & entertaining doc, though
Eat more pussycats.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:28 AM   #9943

Aug 2014

"He's back. The man behind the mask and he's out of controllllllll. " Yeah!!!!!

Just got done watching Jason Lives. Y'all were right. Enjoyed the hell out of it.

Loved the opening. I knew when Horshack from Welcome Back Kotter was in it that it was going to be fun. I liked that the humor actually was kinda smart. "What were you going to be when you grew up?" Great line.

Jason looked cool for once. He actually looked like he couldn't be stopped in this one.

Next up tomorrow on to 7. Don't think I am going to finish all of em before Saturday at this rate though. LOL.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:14 AM   #9944
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
The Arctic circle

Quote:
While I was driving out of town the other day, I thought of an idea for future sequel in the Friday the 13th franchise...

A group of college kids find out that there's going to be a massive snowstorm going through New Jersey over the weekend, and they get the wild idea to go trail running in the woods during the blizzard. One kid suggests this old campground, Camp Crystal Lake (of course), where he spent time during his childhood. When the kids arrive in the area, though, they find out that the whole forest surrounding Camp Crystal Lake is private property and that it is blocked off by a huge fence and video cameras. Being the stupid kids that they are, they find a way to disable a camera, they climb over the fence, and spend several hours running and hiking to the campground as a heavy snowfall starts.

The kids find the old cabins and decide to stay for the night, since they conveniently brought campfire matches and some bottles of liquor to warm them up. The usual shenanigans ensue and a few guys and girls go their separate ways to hook up.

Jason Voorhees shows up with his raggedy clothes and hockey mask, and proceeds to hack up the kids one-by-one in a series of awesome scenes that take place in the snowstorm. None of the other Friday the 13th films have ever shown Jason Voorhees in the snow, so these scenes would probably rock out in a new movie. During the morning hours in the story, as a few of the surviving kids wake up, some are stalked by Jason through the snowy forest, and the kills are accompanied by blood splatters all over the white snow.

Finally, only two of the kids are left (the good girl and the stand-up guy, of course). As they struggle to get away from Jason, they are briefly saved by a gruff and angry middle-aged man who turns out to be the owner of the private property, and he has shown up to see who is trespassing. This man, played by an adult Corey Feldman, introduces himself as Tommy Jarvis. He explains to the kids that he purchased all of the property years ago to keep anyone else from ever setting foot on Camp Crystal Lake again. He tells the two kids how he defeated Jason when he was younger, but that he always knew that Jason was not dead.

Jason Voorhees makes a grand entry back into the film by killing the male college kid. After an intensely-filmed showdown, Jason kills Tommy Jarvis, and the terrified college girl is the only survivor left. She flees toward the lake in an attempt to trap Jason and sink him into the lake. The girl somehow manages to kill Jason...or does she?
It sounds great! Only I'd kill the girl and leave Tommy alive. Maybe have both live.
"Swear to me. Swear to me that everything you said was true!"

Top 3(No Order):
1. The Last of Us
2. Persona 3 FES
3. Resident Evil: Remake
Thanks given by:
The Great Owl (10-30-2014)
Old 10-30-2014, 02:08 PM   #9945
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012
Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
It sounds great! Only I'd kill the girl and leave Tommy alive. Maybe have both live.
Thanks!

There always has to be a beautiful girl alive at the end of a Friday the 13th film. Scratched, bloodied, cut, and traumatized, of course, but still beautiful.

Beautiful women > Jason Voorhees
Old 10-30-2014, 03:58 PM   #9946
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Suffolk County, NY
Send a message via Skype™ to KaineKinetic

Finished Part 7, I think, last night and Takes Manhattan just now.
Why are there so many a$$h0le$ in these films, barely even the main survivor is even likable

And Jason was only in Manhattan for what 15 minutes????
How exactly did he become a kid again?
Why did drowning Jason look different every time we saw him in this one movie?
First he looked normal, had hair and everything, then, he still had hair, but only his mouth was deformed, then still had hair, but eye and mouth deformed, then no hair and fine head, but deformed eye and mouth, and finally, fully deformed head...????
My 3DS nickname: Kaine
My 3DS friend code: 2492-4192-0317
WiiU NNID: Kaine_Morrison
XboX Live GamerTag: KaineKinetic
My Selling Page UPDATED 9/17-14
Old 10-30-2014, 04:13 PM   #9947

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineKinetic View Post
Finished Part 7, I think, last night and Takes Manhattan just now.
Why are there so many a$$h0le$ in these films, barely even the main survivor is even likable

And Jason was only in Manhattan for what 15 minutes????
How exactly did he become a kid again?
Why did drowning Jason look different every time we saw him in this one movie?
First he looked normal, had hair and everything, then, he still had hair, but only his mouth was deformed, then still had hair, but eye and mouth deformed, then no hair and fine head, but deformed eye and mouth, and finally, fully deformed head...????
What we were seeing of Jason as a child in this movie was most likely just in the main characters imagination. That's why he looked so different. And him turning into a child in the sewer at the end was most likely just her imagination as well.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:28 PM   #9948
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Suffolk County, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman89 View Post
What we were seeing of Jason as a child in this movie was most likely just in the main characters imagination. That's why he looked so different. And him turning into a child in the sewer at the end was most likely just her imagination as well.
1 - i can see that

2- I don;t think so.
Every time we saw him a s a kid, it was through her eyes, she was never on screen with him, except in the flashback to under the lake.
This time she was on the screen with him.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:50 PM   #9949
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Suffolk County, NY

just finished Jason Goes to Hell.
eh, was wierd how they pulled a Halloween 2 out of thier ares...
otherwise it was enjoyable.
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM   #9950

Jun 2014
Belfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peanut Monkey View Post
I've always wanted to own the collection but haven't really looked into it; the talk of packaging here throughout the months has decidedly put me off, though. I guess I'll wait and see if they're ever re-packaged, but after such a long time (and with so many complaints, officially or otherwise) it doesn't appear anybody's in a rush.
I live in the UK and mine arrived today from the USA and was in perfect condition with no scratches or dents at all.

Will be a while before i actually sit down and watch them though but hopefully they will play just fine.
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM   #9951
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Suffolk County, NY

finished Jason X around 4am...
Finally a likable cast.
Also, damn!!!!
Melyssa Ade is smokin' HOT!!!!