Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: Age of Extinction (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Spartacus: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$108.99
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$22.49
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$123.99
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$14.49
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$75.99
Treme: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Treme: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$20.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 10-10-2014, 02:31 AM   #1061

Nov 2012

So.... where's Manos? Wasn't Synapse supposed to be releasing a Blu-ray of Manos?
Old 10-10-2014, 02:37 AM   #1062
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidarrick View Post
So.... where's Manos? Wasn't Synapse supposed to be releasing a Blu-ray of Manos?
As of mid-September:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synapse Films
Quote:
Has the Manos project been shelved?
No. We haven't received all the supplements yet. Once they are turned in, we can commence with the official announcement, release and authoring.
https://www.facebook.com/synapsefilm...tal_comments=2
Old 10-10-2014, 02:40 AM   #1063
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidarrick View Post
The restoration Kickstarter ended in February 2012, but the page hasn't even had an update since last May, so who knows what the current status of the BD is.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:02 AM   #1064

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
Oh, that's why it's not out yet. I hope that they can get all the supplements, I'd like to see the full restoration!
Old 10-10-2014, 04:16 AM   #1065
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

I feel bad for the people who donated $48,130 and have absolutely nothing to show for it, especially as I created a thread for the restoration on DVD Talk!
Old 10-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #1066
Special Member

Dec 2010
Denmark

Well, I have two excellent T-shirts to show for it, so I'm in no hurry at all.

(To be fair, I am not even sure I will end up buying it. To me, it's only worth watching with a bunch of friends and a case of beer. But I found the idea that someone was willing to restore it so fantastic and hilarious at the same time, that I had to contribute.)
Most wanted blu-ray upgrades: Kafka, The Limey, Suspiria (remaster), Castle of Blood, The Horrible Dr. Hichcock, Nosferatu (1979), Blood and Black Lace, Dracula (1979), L'avventura, The Vanishing (1988), Eyes Without a Face, The Changeling (1980), Ringu, Ju-on, Miracle Mile, The Honeymoon Killers, Without Warning, Don't Look Now (remaster), Man Bites Dog, Cannibal Holocaust, Creature (The Titan Find), Irrèversible, The Fearless Vampire Killers, The Black Hole, The Sentinel (1979)
Thanks given by:
cakefactory (10-10-2014)
Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM   #1067

Dec 2013

From Synapse Films' Facebook page:

Quote:
So, we're sitting in our office working today and we're thinking, "It's Halloween, shouldn't we maybe announce something today?" We have a few "irons in the fire" as it were and, since this one is officially signed, sealed and delivered with the McCullough family, we're going to announce that work will begin in 2015 on the first, real, authorized version of this "bigfoot" classic! No other details available at this time, as the ink is barely dry, but we're scouring storage facilities and the McCullough family's inventory to bring this one out as soon as humanly possible! Should be a lot of fun! All you collectors out there, take note! If you have any memorabilia or vintage trailers or TV spots for this one, let us know!

Pretty nifty news, if you ask me! Nice to see Synapse taking a chance with an obscure title from one of my two personal favourite decades of horror!
Most wanted on blu: Blood and Lace ('71), Silent Night, Bloody Night ('72), What Have You Done to Solange? ('72), Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural ('73), Messiah of Evil ('73), Terror Circus ('74), It's Alive ('74), Alice, Sweet Alice ('76), Embryo ('76), Rituals ('77), Shock Waves ('77), The Manitou ('78), Don't Go in the House ('79), The Dark ('79), Phantasm ('79), Ghost Story ('81), Hell Night ('81), Madman ('82), C.H.U.D. ('84), Link ('86), Leatherface: TCM III ('90).
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM   #1068
Expert Member

Apr 2012
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Ashton View Post
From Synapse Films' Facebook page:

Pretty nifty news, if you ask me! Nice to see Synapse taking a chance with an obscure title from one of my two personal favourite decades of horror!
Looks interesting enough for a blind buy to me
I pledge by the sign of the three toed sloth, To do my best to do my duty, To always obey the laws of the werewolf pack, And to never rest, until Brucie lives once more, And takes his rightful place in the annals of distinguished monsters, And I can once again return to that most goriest of homelands...Gory, Gory Transylvania!
Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM   #1069
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorfirmer View Post
Looks interesting enough for a blind buy to me
It's one of the best Bigfoot films you'll ever see! No lies!!
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #1070
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008
Beautiful Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
It's one of the best Bigfoot films you'll ever see! No lies!!
isn't that the same as sayingKILLER FISH is the best ever piranha movie starring Lee Majors?
Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM   #1071
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKORIS View Post
isn't that the same as sayingKILLER FISH is the best ever piranha movie starring Lee Majors?
absolutely!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors