Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Here Comes the Devil (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Planet Earth (Blu-ray)
$45.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 01-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #281
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

Just watched this. Awesome movie! Constant action! Can't get enough of the amazing 3D in this too. Loved all the action scenes and the different settings. Shame there wasn't much in the way of story and we didn't really learn anything that we didn't know at the start. It's an amazing 3D action showcase and the sound was fantastic
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN
Old 01-29-2013, 01:07 AM   #282
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Just watched this. Awesome movie! Constant action! Can't get enough of the amazing 3D in this too. Loved all the action scenes and the different settings. Shame there wasn't much in the way of story and we didn't really learn anything that we didn't know at the start. It's an amazing 3D action showcase and the sound was fantastic
Agreed. The commentary is entertaining in parts also, and informative. 2 tracks.

I think you're right about the story. We don't learn much new about Alice in this one, though they do introduce her daughter and her concern for her, which was a good decision to add, since the kid didn't get in the way of the action scenes as some movies allow when the kid gets in the way or foolishly gets into danger's path. Engineer did a great job here.

Do you think her daughter character
[Show spoiler]will take over as in the Underworld series? I wonder if they will have a hearing impaired character take the lead? That would be different.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:52 AM   #283
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Agreed. The commentary is entertaining in parts also, and informative. 2 tracks.

I think you're right about the story. We don't learn much new about Alice in this one, though they do introduce her daughter and her concern for her, which was a good decision to add, since the kid didn't get in the way of the action scenes as some movies allow when the kid gets in the way or foolishly gets into danger's path. Engineer did a great job here.

[Show spoiler]will take over as in the Underworld series? I wonder if they will have a hearing impaired character take the lead? That would be different.
Underworld? Wrong franchise but one I love just as much. Another franchise with monsters, and hot chicks with guns
Old 01-29-2013, 04:25 AM   #284
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_nebula View Post
Underworld? Wrong franchise but one I love just as much. Another franchise with monsters, and hot chicks with guns
Good point, and yes, Underworld and Resident Evil have a lot of similarities; Both female heroines, both actresses married to the director, both successful franchises in the action/horror genre, etc.
Not to post a spoiler, but at the end of Underworld Awakening, Selene
[Show spoiler]saves her daughter and the end shot suggests her daughter will be taking over her role soon enough in future movies, which might be a possibility as RE's producer suggests a new character will take over after the next movie with Alice.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #285
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

Quote:

I can enjoy the visuals with Paul W.S. Anderson's take on the franchise, but it's really crying out for a reboot. The writing and character work and plots are just non-existent in the franchise in its current iteration. There is so much more potential. Whilst i loved Retribution for all its awesome visuals and action, it literally has no story to speak of, the characters just run around firing guns. No one acts like an actual human being with a pulse (bar the young daughter), they just act like they're in an action movie lol.

3D FAN
Old 03-05-2013, 06:39 AM   #286
Expert Member

Jun 2010
CA

Resident Evil 6 announced!!!!!!!! http://collider.com/resident-evil-6-...ember-12-2014/
Old 03-05-2013, 06:53 AM   #287
Expert Member

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Alright! Let's hope for an epic finale.
Vizio E3D420VX, 160GB PS3, Sony MDR-DS7500 Headphones
Old 03-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #288

Oct 2011

The studio had it estimated for 2015 or 2016 so glad it isn't comming out that late. Only a bit over a year away until the last entry can't wait as I have been enjoying these movies.

Finally got around o watching the deleted scenes on the disc and I am really disappointed. There is only the one deleted scene and a few extended scenes, oh and that really cool 3D shots of Rain with the machine gun at the end. I guess they are saving that 20mins of deleted content for an extended edition or a delux release

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post
Alright! Let's hope for an epic finale.
And that they amp up the 3D a bit They should hire the stereoographer from Silent Hill.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #289
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

They need to deliver the goods in the last one. Although i've given up all hope of a story that i can actually invest in. Can't wait till they reboot this series, and actually follow/ exploit some of the more interesting elements of the games. A Code Veronica adaptation would be immense.

3D FAN
Old 03-14-2013, 04:32 AM   #290
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermoth View Post
The studio had it estimated for 2015 or 2016 so glad it isn't comming out that late. Only a bit over a year away until the last entry can't wait as I have been enjoying these movies.

And that they amp up the 3D a bit They should hire the stereoographer from Silent Hill.
Yes to amping up the 3D more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseeley View Post
Thanks!

Quote:
They need to deliver the goods in the last one. Although i've given up all hope of a story that i can actually invest in. Can't wait till they reboot this series, and actually follow/ exploit some of the more interesting elements of the games. A Code Veronica adaptation would be immense.
It'll be interesting how they approach it.
These movies are mainly survival, action, sci-fi/horror with basic story lines that emphasize the action for the most part, agreed.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:42 AM   #291
Special Member

Oct 2010

Paul W.S. Anderson has been confirmed to direct the next installment.
PSN ID: GamerBoy14

VIZIO E420d-A0 42-inch 1080p 120Hz LED Smart 3D HDTV
250GB Slim PS3/500GB PS4
DirecTV Plus HR24 HD DVR
Sony HT-CT150 3D Sound Bar System
Old 03-14-2013, 05:13 AM   #292
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerBoy14 View Post
Paul W.S. Anderson has been confirmed to direct the next installment.
Glad to hear he'll be able to put in his final ideas for the finale'. I hope it's an all out action war of survivors against the zombies and monsters. But with a story with some nice twists and turns hopefully.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:20 AM   #293
Special Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Glad to hear he'll be able to put in his final ideas for the finale'. I hope it's an all out action war of survivors against the zombies and monsters. But with a story with some nice twists and turns hopefully.
Same thing I'm hoping for. Have the final movie pull all of the series' strengths into it.
PSN ID: GamerBoy14

VIZIO E420d-A0 42-inch 1080p 120Hz LED Smart 3D HDTV
250GB Slim PS3/500GB PS4
DirecTV Plus HR24 HD DVR
Sony HT-CT150 3D Sound Bar System
Old 03-14-2013, 06:43 AM   #294
Expert Member

Jun 2010
CA

I think the last one will deliver! I think Anderson knows how passionate the film series fans are and doesn't want to disappoint them. It could be blind fanboy love from me, but it's how I feel lol
Old 03-20-2013, 04:32 AM   #295
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
I agree fantastic 3D all the way through this movie is perfect it has all in spades pop outs and natural depth

This is the way to make a 3D movie
Old 03-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #296
Expert Member

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Quote:
It's funny you mentioned that.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0732422/
Old 03-21-2013, 01:04 AM   #297

Oct 2011

Stereoographer's are just technical assistants who may make recommendations as to what will make for better 3D shots. The Director is the one making the calls when it comes to shot placement and 3D capture settings.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:42 AM   #298
Expert Member

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Quote:
Stereoographer's are just technical assistants who may make recommendations as to what will make for better 3D shots. The Director is the one making the calls when it comes to shot placement and 3D capture settings.
I've read that with smaller projects, stereographers get much more creative control over how the 3D looks and is used. Probably not in either of those two movies though.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies