Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Star Wars: Rebels - Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$49.98
Hammer Horror Classics, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$38.47
The Originals: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Walking Dead: Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$68.99
We Are Still Here (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Men in Black 3 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Toy Story of Terror! (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Scorpion: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.95
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 08-24-2015, 03:47 AM   #1081
Power Member

Apr 2012
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Brannigan View Post
I am still working on the first, but based on a preliminary search could the second one be Little Marines (1991)?

Here's a video to help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5cuOLChAAw

EDIT
Also I may have found your other movie, it was made for TV in 1989 by CBC. It is called "The Challengers".

Here's the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPVKpyyhYkY
HOLY CRAP! that's them, too cool! Thank you so much man, I've been searching the net forever trying to figure out what movie that was! I can't believe you found them both within a day, I've literally been trying to figure out what they were for over 10 years lol. You seriously made my day .
" I Don't Appreciate Your Ruse Ma'am " - Randal Graves.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:50 AM   #1082
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012
Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorfirmer View Post
HOLY CRAP! that's it, too cool! Thank you so much man, I've been searching the net forever trying to figure out what movie that was!
You're welcome, but I would like to know, which one was it so I can keep searching for answers.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:00 AM   #1083
Power Member

Apr 2012
Canada

Quote:
You're welcome, but I would like to know, which one was it so I can keep searching for answers.
You were right on both of them, The Challengers was the one about the girl dressing like a boy ( I had a feeling it was a made for TV movie) and the other one was Little Marines. I'm still in absolute awe that you figured these out, especially The Challengers, I can't see finding a Canadian made for TV movie from 1989 being easy lol. I'm gonna go see if I can find these anywhere now. Thanks again!
Old 08-24-2015, 04:06 AM   #1084
Power Member

Apr 2012
Canada

Quote:
You were right on both of them, The Challengers was the one about the girl dressing like a boy ( I had a feeling it was a made for TV movie) and the other one was Little Marines. I'm still in absolute awe that you figured these out, especially The Challengers, I can't see finding a Canadian made for TV movie from 1989 being easy lol. I'm gonna go see if I can find these anywhere now. Thanks again!
Just found Little Marines 1 & 2 (apparently there's a sequel) on amazon.ca for $1,156.16!
Old 08-24-2015, 04:21 AM   #1085
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012
Idaho

Quote:
The Challengers was a little more difficult because I thought I was looking for a theatrical movie and was searching for it as such. But when I dropped the movie aspect of it, The Challengers was the second result.

The Little Marines was literally the first result I got when I went searching.

But I am glad that I was able to help you. Happy hunting and viewing.
Thanks given by:
Terrorfirmer (08-24-2015)
Old 08-24-2015, 12:36 PM   #1086
Power Member

Apr 2012
Canada

Quote:
The Challengers was a little more difficult because I thought I was looking for a theatrical movie and was searching for it as such. But when I dropped the movie aspect of it, The Challengers was the second result.

The Little Marines was literally the first result I got when I went searching.

But I am glad that I was able to help you. Happy hunting and viewing.
That's crazy lol...guess I need to learn to use the Internet better .
Old 08-24-2015, 07:18 PM   #1087
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012
Idaho

Quote:
That's crazy lol...guess I need to learn to use the Internet better .
Sometimes what you have to do is take the basic idea of the whatever film it is you're looking for and and simply add movie to the end of it. That doesn't work all the time though, and sometimes you have to sift through dozens of similar movies just find the right one.

As an example I'll show you how I found your movies.

For Little Marines, I first Googled boy chased by guy on motorbike with paintball gun and got nowhere, but when I tried boy chased by guy on motorbike with paintball gun movie it was the very first result.

For The Challengers, what I did after Googling like 10 or more different strands and following up on several red herrings was simply search:

girl joins all boy band movie on Google and it popped up immediately. Interesting thing though, is someone asked for help identifying this movie once or twice on Yahoo Questions.

I did come across a movie where a nun disguises herself as her brother to fill in for him in his band.

It's not always that easy though.
Thanks given by:
Terrorfirmer (08-24-2015)
Old 08-24-2015, 08:00 PM   #1088
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Quote:
Sometimes what you have to do is take the basic idea of the whatever film it is you're looking for and and simply add movie to the end of it. That doesn't work all the time though, and sometimes you have to sift through dozens of similar movies just find the right one.

[Show spoiler]As an example I'll show you how I found your movies.

For Little Marines, I first Googled boy chased by guy on motorbike with paintball gun and got nowhere, but when I tried boy chased by guy on motorbike with paintball gun movie it was the very first result.

For The Challengers, what I did after Googling like 10 or more different strands and following up on several red herrings was simply search:

girl joins all boy band movie on Google and it popped up immediately. Interesting thing though, is someone asked for help identifying this movie once or twice on Yahoo Questions.

I did come across a movie where a nun disguises herself as her brother to fill in for him in his band.

It's not always that easy though.
I'll say! I still have a whole list that I can't find!
Looking for the following:
UV:
- Game of Thrones: Season 1
Disk:
- Game of Thrones: Season 1: HBO Shop Bonus Disk
Movie:
Jaws DigiBook
300 DigiBook
Old 08-24-2015, 08:08 PM   #1089
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012
Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Ranger View Post
I'll say! I still have a whole list that I can't find!
there are other places on the web that you can seek assistance, I would suggest IMDB's I Need To Know board. There were a lot of helpful people there last time I checked.

Do you have an updated list? I found one list but looks like a few movies have already been found.

Last edited by Lt. Brannigan; 08-24-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:47 PM   #1090
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Quote:
there are other places on the web that you can seek assistance, I would suggest IMDB's I Need To Know board. There were a lot of helpful people there last time I checked.

Do you have an updated list? I found one list but looks like a few movies have already been found.
That is the updated list.
A few have been found, I kept them so that I don't forget them.
Looking for the following:
UV:
- Game of Thrones: Season 1
Disk:
- Game of Thrones: Season 1: HBO Shop Bonus Disk
Movie:
Jaws DigiBook
300 DigiBook
Old 08-24-2015, 09:18 PM   #1091
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012
Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Ranger View Post
Can anyone help me Identify these movies:

Movie #1 - 80's film? pink? car held over ravine by a crane two people, teens? were inside it...
I am still working on this one, and I know these aren't them. but I am just going off of "pink" and "car". Also assuming the car was pink. To start things off, I am going to get the obvious out of the way first.

Pink Cadillac (1989) This has Eastwood and Bernadette Peters and has an early appearance by Jim Carrey as a stand-up.

Ride in a Pink Car (1978)

Quote:
Movie #3 - NOT Killer Klowns from Outer Space... Some criminals dressed as clowns kill some teens
I am going off of killer clowns so it's going to take a while.
Searching for this one caused me to watch trailers for movies that are absolutely painful, and I think I hate you. I am going to force you watch them as well

I introduce you to The Final (2010). I hope you suffer.

and Stitches (2013)

The Clown at Midnight (1999)

Amusement (2008)

And finally Clownhouse (1990)
Old 08-24-2015, 11:24 PM   #1092

Oct 2012

I'm thinking of a movie, most likely from the 1970s. In it, a woman sees a piece of abstract art at a museum and it's disturbing to her because it reminds her of an encounter she had with the supernatural. Anyone know the film?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies