Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Star Wars: Rebels - Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$49.98
Hammer Horror Classics, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$38.47
The Originals: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Walking Dead: Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$68.99
We Are Still Here (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Men in Black 3 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Toy Story of Terror! (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Scorpion: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.95
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM   #15141
Power Member

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock_Bok View Post
Does this really work?
Yep sure does.
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM   #15142

Mar 2014
Oregon
Question

What's the story on Real Steel, why isn't it available through the club? Also has any UV/Digital Copy ever redeemed in 3D, including non-Disney?
Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM   #15143
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunKissedCaliQT View Post
What's the story on Real Steel, why isn't it available through the club? Also has any UV/Digital Copy ever redeemed in 3D, including non-Disney?
Real Steel isn't available because of the Dreamworks association I believe (similar to Lincoln, and I Am Number Four - neither of which are available either). Same goes with their Digital Copies - they don't get included in the DMA app or DMR/DMA, etc.

On the 3D digital copy front, there is a handful of titles that do redeem in 3D (none of which include any Disney title as far as I know); Vendors like Vudu do offer the option to buy a title in 3D format to view through their platform, but usually those are ridiculously overpriced (and you may as well buy the full 3D combo pack or import it and it'd still be cheaper)

Although not update in a while it looks like, here's a thread that started to keep track of it:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...15&postcount=3

& if you have a code, how you can tell by it's prefix what it should redeem as: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...92&postcount=6

BLUFANS V.I.P. 2015 =)

Wants:
Furious 7 iTunes
Entourage Movie
Thanks given by:
impasse (Today), SunKissedCaliQT (Today)
Old Today, 12:56 AM   #15144

Mar 2014
Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
Real Steel isn't available because of the Dreamworks association I believe (similar to Lincoln, and I Am Number Four - neither of which are available either). Same goes with their Digital Copies - they don't get included in the DMA app or DMR/DMA, etc.

On the 3D digital copy front, there is a handful of titles that do redeem in 3D (none of which include any Disney title as far as I know); Vendors like Vudu do offer the option to buy a title in 3D format to view through their platform, but usually those are ridiculously overpriced (and you may as well buy the full 3D combo pack or import it and it'd still be cheaper)

Although not update in a while it looks like, here's a thread that started to keep track of it:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...15&postcount=3

& if you have a code, how you can tell by it's prefix what it should redeem as: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...92&postcount=6

Ahh thanks so much! You're the best!
Thanks given by:
TheGeneral (Today)
Old Today, 01:34 AM   #15145

Apr 2013

I should be getting my enrollment order any day now, I'd imagine. I received the Olaf blanket on Saturday and it shipped a day before my enrollment order.
Old Today, 03:38 AM   #15146

Jun 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluMan28 View Post
Yep sure does.
I thought the 20% off would make it so the titles didn't count towards commitment? Only titles that are $29.95 or higher count, right?
Old Today, 03:42 AM   #15147

May 2015
San Jose, CA

Quote:
I thought the 20% off would make it so the titles didn't count towards commitment? Only titles that are $29.95 or higher count, right?
The offer is "Buy 2 Get 20% Off Each Additional w/Free Shipping." So the first two are not discounted, hence counting towards commitment. And all you need are two to get the free shipping.
Old Today, 03:48 AM   #15148
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherRobin View Post
The offer is "Buy 2 Get 20% Off Each Additional w/Free Shipping." So the first two are not discounted, hence counting towards commitment. And all you need are two to get the free shipping.
No, the offer is "buy 2 or more get 20% off your entire order plus free shipping." But neither Aladdin nor Inside Out qualify for discounts so they regular price, but the FS gets added. Odd little workaround but in this situation is should work -- I don't think teh FS gets counted at a special discount.

Both Aladdin and Inside Out 2D are less than 29.95 due to preorder special discounts, but those still count as commitments.
Old Today, 04:14 AM   #15149

May 2015
San Jose, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandarus1119 View Post
Another option if you're interested in ordering both of those movies is do like I did and activate the Buy 2 Get 20% Off Each Additional w/Free Shipping offer. Add those titles to your cart and they should each be the full price, each count as a commitment title, and you should receive free shipping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
No, the offer is "buy 2 or more get 20% off your entire order plus free shipping." But neither Aladdin nor Inside Out qualify for discounts so they regular price, but the FS gets added. Odd little workaround but in this situation is should work -- I don't think teh FS gets counted at a special discount.
Just quoting pandarus1119
Old Today, 04:33 AM   #15150
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherRobin View Post
Just quoting pandarus1119
So I see, I didn't catch that earlier, but I don't think that's the correct wording or at least in the past that's not the way the nonVIP worked. Someone should double check the exact wording, but the preorders that would count as commitments still wouldn't get the discount no matter the specifics

The VIP offer is Buy 2 or more, get 25% your whole order.

Last edited by hariseldon; Today at 03:30 PM.
Old Today, 05:15 AM   #15151
Power Member

Aug 2011

Quote:
So the rules say, but there are exceptions. The most common exception being pre-order discounts. Read the FAQ for full details.

In the case described, Aladdin and Inside Out both have pre-order discounts and will NOT get another 20% taken off even though the free shipping gets applied. So they'll both still count as commitment titles and you'll get free shipping on the order.
Thanks given by:
pandarus1119 (Today)
Old Today, 06:02 AM   #15152

Dec 2012

Has anyone ever received the Featured Title by accident even after declining? I'm almost positive I declined the Frankenweenie/Nightmare Before Christmas featured title a while back, and I always check the DMC site multiple times each month. After (I'm pretty sure) declining, it told me I didn't have a featured title to respond to. I never received a shipping confirmation email or anything like that--not even an email that I had ordered them. I called today, and they will send me a return letter and label, so that's nice, but I thought it was pretty strange.
Old Today, 02:52 PM   #15153
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nassahila View Post
Has anyone ever received the Featured Title by accident even after declining? I'm almost positive I declined the Frankenweenie/Nightmare Before Christmas featured title a while back, and I always check the DMC site multiple times each month. After (I'm pretty sure) declining, it told me I didn't have a featured title to respond to. I never received a shipping confirmation email or anything like that--not even an email that I had ordered them. I called today, and they will send me a return letter and label, so that's nice, but I thought it was pretty strange.
It happens, but returns should be pretty easy -- no questions asked even if it was your fault. I had it happen a year or so ago and I think I did forget, but they took the return without blinking an eye.
Old Today, 03:28 PM   #15154

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
So I see, I didn't catch that earlier, but I don't think that's the correct wording or at least in the past that's not the way the nonVIP worked. Someone should double check the exact wording, but the preorders that would count as commitments still would get the discount no matter the specifics

The VIP offer is Buy 2 or more, get 25% your whole order.
Yep, sorry, guys. It is 20% off the entire order when purchasing 2+ titles. As mentioned, using it on those two titles didn't take any addl off and they should count as commitments. Sorry about the confusion.
Old Today, 03:31 PM   #15155
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandarus1119 View Post
Yep, sorry, guys. It is 20% off the entire order when purchasing 2+ titles. As mentioned, using it on those two titles didn't take any addl off and they should count as commitments. Sorry about the confusion.
No harm done since it ended up in the same place, but I was wondering if they had changed the program offer.
Old Today, 06:16 PM   #15156

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_Vandelay View Post
I should be getting my enrollment order any day now, I'd imagine. I received the Olaf blanket on Saturday and it shipped a day before my enrollment order.
Sure enough, it arrived today.
Slips:
Brave (coming unglued on 1 of the spines)
101 Dalmatians (same as Brave)
Apple Dumpling Gang (perfect)

No slips:
Roger Rabbit
Ratatouille
Big Hero 6
Wreck-It Ralph

Only mildly surprised that BH6 didn't have a slip since I remember reading that some received it without one. I like to have all my Disney collection with slips, but I think I'll watch the slipless blind buys to make sure I want to keep them before going out to find slips for those (especially considering the going prices I've seen for Roger Rabbit and Ratatouille).
Old Today, 07:38 PM   #15157

Jun 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluMan28 View Post
So the rules say, but there are exceptions. The most common exception being pre-order discounts. Read the FAQ for full details.

In the case described, Aladdin and Inside Out both have pre-order discounts and will NOT get another 20% taken off even though the free shipping gets applied. So they'll both still count as commitment titles and you'll get free shipping on the order.
Oh, I see, so it's only for the pre-orders. I thought it was for any title. Thanks!
Old Today, 09:01 PM   #15158
Special Member

Nov 2010

Received last month's FT today (Frankenweenie and TB's Nightmare Before Christmas) without getting a mailer or email to decline. One quick call to DMC and they are going back as soon as I get the return label. Eezy Peezy Squeezy!
Old Today, 09:37 PM   #15159
Power Member

Aug 2011

Quote:
Oh, I see, so it's only for the pre-orders. I thought it was for any title. Thanks!
It's not for any pre-orders but those seem to be the most common exception. Again, read the FAQ. Things make a lot more sense having read that, especially about the YMMV nature of DMC.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals