COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Afflicted (Blu-ray)
$12.49
The Slumber Party Massacre (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Queen Margot (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Pain & Gain (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Blue Ruin (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Dexter: The First Season (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Drive Hard (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 01-26-2014, 12:39 AM   #81
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Omaha NE
-
-

Micro Monsters from UK is region free. I don't see that anyone has mentioned this title. I got it just after Christmas and really enjoyed it. The 3D is really well done and not too bad of a price for a series that ran a few episodes. If you like creepy crawlie things I recommend it.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:20 AM   #82
Special Member

Aug 2011

Cool thanks! I love Sky 3D documentaries.
PSN: BowsersFireBreth

Sony PS4
LG 55UB8500 UHD TV
LG LHB976 HTIB
APC J25B Power Conditioner with Battery Backup
Old 03-04-2014, 05:56 AM   #83

Jul 2010

I wrote these up nearly a year ago, but I should probably post here for posterity - LOL. These were tested these on a USA Region A PS3 & a European Region B Sony BDP S-780 Blu-ray player:

Nova Zembla 3D (Holland)
is Region ABC and includes English subtitles. This is a Dutch film about the 16th Century attempt to find a northern passage to Asia that ends tragically when the ship gets lodged in the ice and the crew is stranded on the island of Nova Zembla (in northwestern Russia). I looked around the internet and the movie was pretty harshly reviewed, but I had a good time with it. It clearly aspires to be more than it is (it ain't Malick's "The New World"), so if you come in expecting a sweeping, historical art-film drama or a thrill-a-minute blockbuster, you'll be disappointed. The casting of Victoria's Secret model Doutzen Kroes is clearly calculated as a Box Office draw - she's ham-fistedly sandwiched into the story and primarily appears in flashbacks - but she's pretty, so I'm not complaining.

I've seen some critcism of the 3D and that is way off base. The 3D photography is excellent, locations lovely and the movie mostly achieves the scope its striving for. The dialogue is nothing to write home about and I found the acting acceptable (but I don't speak the language and had to rely on the subtitles). The Special Features include a "making of" documentary that boast a lot of interesting Behind the Scenes clips in 3D, but there are no English subtitles on any of the special features. There is also a German release out there, but it is not English friendly. The packaging is nice– it comes in a white DVD case (not a BRD case) and slides into a lenticular slipcase.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Nova-Z...Blu-ray/40810/

Top Cat: The Movie 3D (UK)
is locked to Region B. This is a Mexico / Argentina co-production, adapting the old Hanna-Barbera TV show to a full length film. If I was to guess what the plot of a feature length Top Cat film would consist of, this certainly is not what I'd imagine. Somewhere I read a review commenting on how surreal the film becomes as it goes along - and jokingly compared it to Bunuel - LOL. I dunno if I'd go that far – but I'll give it some points for going in unexpected directions.

The film uses Flash animation against more painterly & modeled 3D backgrounds. Personally, I like the look of the film and found the use of 3D effective. The characters are on-model, look true to their origins and I find the aesthetic to be refreshing compared to other 3D animated films. The look achieved here most closely resembles "Boogie 3D", but the 3D is more effective here than there. I don't regret the purchase at all. Comes with an embossed slipcover.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Top-Ca...Blu-ray/49533/

Due West: Our Sex Journey 3D (Hong Kong)
is Region ABC and includes English subtitles. I've only watched a bit of this – it seems to be a Hong Kong take on 80's T&A movies and has gags that recall “Something About Mary”. Its a native 3D film riding on the coattails of the success of “Sex & Zen 3d: Extreme Ecstasy”. Here is a review: http://www.filmbiz.asia/reviews/due-...ur-sex-journey Some of the attitudes about women made me uncomfortable (a high school girl is called a “pig”, etc), but maybe the characters are redeemed at the end. I'll revisit this someday.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Due-We...Blu-ray/62410/
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Tags
3d blu-ray, region