Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Planet Earth II 4K (Blu-ray)
£29.99
The Mephisto Waltz (Blu-ray)
£10.99
Property is No Longer a Theft (Blu-ray)
£14.99
Patriots Day 4K (Blu-ray)
£24.99
The Magus (Blu-ray)
£10.99
Hidden Figures (Blu-ray)
£14.99
Hidden Figures 4K (Blu-ray)
£24.99
Black Sails: Complete Series One & Two (Blu-ray)
£9.99
Ludwig (Blu-ray)
£24.99
Patriots Day (Blu-ray)
£14.99
The City of the Dead (Blu-ray)
£14.99
Story of Sin (Blu-ray)
£14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM   #31121
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsb90 View Post
American Horror Project is 25 pounds at Zavvi. Blind bought it as it is 99% sold out! Has it been this cheap for a long time? I was surprised when I saw it.

It's a complete blind buy but at that price I'll give it a shot.
Not seen it that cheap before. They also have the Female Prisoner Scorpion set for 39.99 which seems quite good (but still too pricy for me to blind-buy). Also the Hellraiser Trilogy is 17.99, which is a couple of quid cheaper than usual - might be worth it for somebody (6 a title and a nice slipbox).
Old Today, 12:12 AM   #31122

Mar 2016
Bay Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapta View Post
Yes, but obviously minus Out 1 because Carlotta have the rights to that one (so it'll be a 5-disc release rather than the 16-disc UK release).
Oh, I didn't think about that! And I obviously didn't read the description too closely.
Criterion For Trade: City Lights, Blow Out, Lone Wolf & Cub
Other for trade/sale: Eureka Keaton shorts (sealed)
Criterion Wants: Asphalt Jungle, Blind Chance
Old Today, 12:34 AM   #31123
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseabove View Post
Oh, I didn't think about that! And I obviously didn't read the description too closely.
I think it had been rumoured for a while. Makes sense to release the remaining films as they'd make a nice little set by themselves.

Makes me wonder if they'd consider reissuing these three separately for the UK (Blu-ray only). I don't really see that happening though, considering the current set has sold pretty well, but 70+ is quite a big ask for mild fans of Rivette such as myself.
Old Today, 12:41 AM   #31124
Special Member

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
There's a couple more releases on the site which I'm not going to spoil here (fans of Japanese and Italian cinema will be pleased). Fantastic month.
The Arrow Video May 2017 slate was already up on the Arrow Video website before the announcements started at 3.30 pm UK time last Friday (17th February)?
Blu-ray film holy grail titles: Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll, Coda, Death Carries a Cane, Death Steps in the Dark, Death Will Have Your Eyes, Edge of the Axe, Electricity, Killer Without a Face, Let's Scare Jessica to Death, Next of Kin, The Night Brings Charlie, Nightkill, Phobia, Puzzle, Too Scared to Scream

TV on DVD holy grail titles: Falcon Crest: Season 4, The Hitchhiker, Lady Blue, Leg Work, A Man Called Hawk, Midnight Caller, Freddy's Nightmares, Red Rock.
Old Today, 12:43 AM   #31125

Oct 2015
Bangor, ME

I'm shocked at how slowly the Phantasm set is selling.

Then again, if it's a print run of 10,000 that means they've sold 4,000 copies already. That's pretty decent considering that's more than or very close to the entire print run of most other labels' LEs.
Old Today, 12:52 AM   #31126
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
The Arrow Video May 2017 slate was already up on the Arrow Video website before the announcements started at 3.30 pm UK time last Friday (17th February)?
Only about 25 minutes before I think.
Old Today, 01:13 AM   #31127
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

The art design for the US Rivette set makes a lot less sense without Out 1 in the set.
Old Today, 01:26 AM   #31128
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Chichester, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlouisbarrett View Post
I'm shocked at how slowly the Phantasm set is selling.

Then again, if it's a print run of 10,000 that means they've sold 4,000 copies already. That's pretty decent considering that's more than or very close to the entire print run of most other labels' LEs.
69.99 (on Amazon) is very expensive imo. I've pre-ordered it but am dreading the moment when the money is taken from my bank account.

Edit: Might cancel my order and wait for a cheaper price.
50" Panasonic plasma and 6.1 sound.

Last edited by SymbioticFunction; Today at 02:01 AM.
Thanks given by:
keithvg (Today)
Old Today, 01:51 AM   #31129
Special Member

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

As a whole I thought Arrow's May 2017 slate was very good. I quite liked the Arrow Academy announcements this past Monday, maybe moreso than the Arrow Video announcements on the Friday before (17th February). The Phenomena boxset is a possibility, even though I'm more interested in an Arrow 4K restoration of The Bird with the Crystal Plumage, The Cat o'Nine Tails and Inferno (because of Phenomena already getting the US Blu-ray release by Synapse). Can't get Arrow's UK boxset of Phenomena at the moment, or the other Arrow Video and Arrow Academy titles I'm interested in (The Climber is a possibility).

Of Arrow's Academy announcements, Spotlight on a Murderer, My Life As a Dog and the Marx Brothers set are definite possibilities.
Blu-ray film holy grail titles: Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll, Coda, Death Carries a Cane, Death Steps in the Dark, Death Will Have Your Eyes, Edge of the Axe, Electricity, Killer Without a Face, Let's Scare Jessica to Death, Next of Kin, The Night Brings Charlie, Nightkill, Phobia, Puzzle, Too Scared to Scream

TV on DVD holy grail titles: Falcon Crest: Season 4, The Hitchhiker, Lady Blue, Leg Work, A Man Called Hawk, Midnight Caller, Freddy's Nightmares, Red Rock.
Old Today, 02:05 AM   #31130
Expert Member

Mar 2013

Put in my order for the House set using my last points, ended up costing me 6 quid. Glad I got my order in at the last minute. So glad it's selling so well, very much deserved!
Thanks given by:
Blu MacReady (Today), nikon76 (Today)
Old Today, 08:40 AM   #31131
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams76 View Post
Jesus... She was 13 when she made the film.
Hey! I had the hots for her the first time I saw it!

That being said, I was 14 at the time....
Old Today, 10:39 AM   #31132

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapta View Post
Makes me wonder if they'd consider reissuing these three separately for the UK (Blu-ray only). I don't really see that happening though, considering the current set has sold pretty well, but 70+ is quite a big ask for mild fans of Rivette such as myself.

Just import the US set - I'd be very surprised if it wasn't region-free given that Arrow legitimately has Region A and B rights.
Old Today, 11:22 AM   #31133
Special Member

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnord Prefect View Post
You won't know it, I'd say she looks 15 - 16.

If the OP had stated an attraction to say Macaulay Culkin circa-Home Alone 2 then it would be worth commenting on but OMG a heterosexual male admits to finding a teenage girl who looks to be at or around the age of consent (16) and fast approaching the optimum age for a human pregnancy (18 - 20 depending on sourse) attractive. For shame! For shame!

Let the flaming commence...
She visibly looks like a child in the film.
Old Today, 11:28 AM   #31134
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
UK

Phenomena preorder is 29.99 @HMV.
Old Today, 01:18 PM   #31135

Jul 2012

Quote:
"Don't Torture a Duckling wil be comming from on Bl-Ray from Arrow in UK. I worked on the Italian Master" - Fabio Mingozzi
Above quote is from a Facebook comment this post https://www.facebook.com/groups/sham...4422302302496/
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (Today), Arlington (Today), BAKA (Today), BarnDoor (Today), cine74 (Today), Gerby (Today), Ianzombie (Today), leoganzi (Today), Mr. Thomsen (Today), muchogris (Today), nitin (Today), ScreenWash (Today), Sleazeaddict (Today), Spiderwalk (Today), Videovore (Today)
Old Today, 01:31 PM   #31136
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010

Great news. The Shameless situation is an odd one - their DVD of The Black Cat still seems to be in print, for example (they're selling it on their site at least). This suggests that the Blu-ray rights for some of their older releases are separate. Maybe Arrow can get Contraband also?

Given this exchange in the US Arrow thread, I wonder if this means that Arrow also have Fulci's Four of the Apocalypse? Can't see too many labels taking it on given the apparent issues with the original negatives:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=8901

Last edited by BarnDoor; Today at 01:39 PM.
Old Today, 03:31 PM   #31137
Blu-ray Prince

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
69.99 (on Amazon) is very expensive imo. I've pre-ordered it but am dreading the moment when the money is taken from my bank account.

Edit: Might cancel my order and wait for a cheaper price.
The whole point of a limited edition goes against it getting cheaper, though obviously Texas Chainsaw 2 proves that if it doesn't sell well it will eventually get cheap. I do think they would have been better off not having the ball replica and taking 10-15 pounds off the price.
Thanks given by:
Blu MacReady (Today)
Old Today, 05:19 PM   #31138
Expert Member

Jan 2015
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
Above quote is from a Facebook comment this post https://www.facebook.com/groups/sham...4422302302496/
I could be totally wrong, but I think I usually see that guy trolling 88 Films (and in this case is trolling the infamous PoochJD), and think he is based in the UK.
Thanks given by:
muchogris (Today), tele1962 (Today)
Old Today, 05:26 PM   #31139
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
I could be totally wrong, but I think I usually see that guy trolling 88 Films (and in this case is trolling the infamous PoochJD), and think he is based in the UK.
Mr mingozzi is a troll of the worst possible type and yes he is in the UK.

Last edited by tele1962; Today at 05:54 PM.
Old Today, 05:35 PM   #31140

Oct 2015
USA

is there an arrow sale coming up? (is there one in march or did i imagine it)
hoping to preorder Phenomena with the double points
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland