Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$99.99
Justified: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$21.99
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$84.99
The Boxtrolls (Blu-ray)
$16.99
The Grand Budapest Hotel (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Get on Up (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Mad Men: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Grimm: Season One (Blu-ray)
$12.99
22 Jump Street (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Equalizer (Blu-ray)
$14.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 11-30-2014, 04:31 AM   #801

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestarfan36 View Post
Your probably right. I was being a little bit too harsh on WB. It's not their fault. The person to blame it the PRESIDENT of WB. Everything was going fine untill he showed up. Hopefully when he steps down, someone who cares about what the fans want will replace him.
That "someone who cares", at least I used to think so, is George Feltenstein. Back in the day, George championed the release of innumerable laser disc collections, including the Complete Tex Avery, Happy Harmonies MGM cartoon classics, and a slew of Looney Tunes collections. What a great time. Now, owing to either promotion into the realm of "don't care any more" or "can no longer be bothered", we have lost our one true advocate. Very sad. I hope George responds and explains how and why this has come about. If he responds in this forum, I will be surprised. George was an incredible, reliable supporter for many years because we thought he cared, and he was passionate about preserving and releasing these incredible golden age animation classics. Now, his ambivalence has led to the sorry state of affairs we have witnessed regarding Tom & Jerry Vol. 2, and the apparent demise of Tex Avery on Blu-ray, additional Looney Tunes on Blu-ray, the Fleischer/Famous Superman collection on Blu-ray, and pretty much any other bit of classic animation from now on. I once admired George Feltenstein, but now mourn the loss of his dedication, passion and support. This is a day of mourning for fans of America's incredible output of classic animation. Thank God we have Steven Stanchfield and Jerry Beck to carry the torch, which George Feltenstein has all but extinguished. Yes, I am VERY passionate about this!
Old 12-30-2014, 06:44 PM   #802

Sep 2012

One-month bump. Please don't let this die.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:26 PM   #803
Power Member

Feb 2007

Man, quite a while since I started this thread. Still hasn't come out yet?
Sony Bravia KDL-46EX720 46" LED 3D Internet TV w/ Full 1080p
Sony S-Master STR-KS2000 AV Receiver
XBOX One
Old 01-02-2015, 11:12 PM   #804

Nov 2012
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
I'm not a fan of posting false reviews to manipulate the situation. You may not support Warner in their decisions, and I don't either, but if a particular release is good, it is wrong to post a poor review of it just to try to force Warner's hand. People rely on other's opinions on products on Amazon, and it's not right to steer them wrong and give a 1-star rating when it may be a great product, just because you don't like Warner.
I agree with you there. But I'm not saying I hate Warner. In fact, I LOVE Warner. It's them not releasing the set that's making my blood boil. And, like I said, the person responsible for this is the President of Warner Bros.
Everybody to the limit!
-Strong Bad
Old 01-05-2015, 05:48 PM   #805

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farid View Post
Wasn't it a lawyer lady or something? She must be like the 3rd highest ranking person in their organization
Yeah, that is what I heard. She said these cartoons will never be released as long as she is at WB. She isn't going anywhere unfortunately.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:31 PM   #806
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit Tajomaru View Post
Yeah, that is what I heard. She said these cartoons will never be released as long as she is at WB. She isn't going anywhere unfortunately.
Sounds like we need a good shake up to loosen what's stuck.
Thanks given by:
Boris S. (01-08-2015)
Old 01-08-2015, 03:02 AM   #807

Sep 2013

Sadly, given the current tense climate, I could totally see WB releasing the set the way they were originally going to, that is, without the two banned shorts. At this point I'd rather have that than nothing, but it's still not ideal, especially since this was their second chance to release all of it.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:36 PM   #808

Nov 2012
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit Tajomaru View Post
Wow. Out of all the people at WB, I would never have guessed it was a LADY!

That doesn't change the fact I'm still mad about the postpone.
Everybody to the limit!
-Strong Bad
Old 01-29-2015, 03:52 AM   #809

Nov 2012
USA
Angry Idea

Hey WB! Here's an idea. Instead of being greedy selfish money hoarding freaks, why don't you put the 2 banned shorts on Volume 2 like you SAID YOU WERE GOING TO!!!!! GOD! It's been 4 years Warner. You promised to release them uncut since the announcement of the first volume. Heck, maybe you shouldn't have made Volume 1 in the first place. Before saying you were gonna release EVERY Tom and Jerry short on blu ray, you should've thought "Hmm, what about those 2 other cartoons that were taken of Vol 3 of the Spotlight Collection? Maybe this isn't such a good idea". But then again, how else were you gonna get more cash.

Seriously, over 25 pages of this thread, arguing about streaming, racism, sales and Amazon reviews and you STILL won't release Vol 2. When you released the first volume, people expected a second volume cause it said Volume One. Whats next, announcing the Popeye cartoons on Blu ray and not releasing that as well. Tell me Warner. Tell me the reason so I can finally UNDERSTAND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everybody to the limit!
-Strong Bad

Last edited by homestarfan36; 01-29-2015 at 04:01 AM.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:14 AM   #810
Special Member

Jun 2012

The reasons are clear:

-WHV WANTS to release these cartoons in the set, but higher-ups are preventing it according to Jerry Beck

-More specifically, a woman who is part of the higher-ups is the reason why they're being prevented from being added.

But my idea still stands; a set of "banned" WB and MGM cartoons sold exclusively on the TCM website. It doesn't go into retail, fans will know where to get them, everyone wins.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists