Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99
17 hrs ago
Chef (Blu-ray)
$9.99
11 hrs ago
Rain Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Purge: Anarchy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
6 hrs ago
A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray)
$9.99
18 hrs ago
Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99

The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$3.99
13 hrs ago
X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99

A Good Day to Die Hard (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 11-06-2014, 03:54 AM   #201
Expert Member

Oct 2013
South London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounder View Post
Kristen Stewart in talks for the female lead.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:29 PM   #202

Apr 2014
Northeast, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounder View Post
Kristen Stewart in talks for the female lead.
I thought she was going to take time off from being in front of the camera and start directing?
Old 11-06-2014, 06:02 PM   #203
Special Member

Feb 2014

Re-making The Crow is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard; it would be akin to cinematic sacrilege. The original is not only one of the most iconic & memorable films of the '90's, but Brandon Lee's horrible fatality on the set is as much part of the film itself as the setting/plot/characters. And, the iconic '90's rock soundtrack is also a huge part of the film, and that's something that would be absent from a re-make (unless it were set in the '90's).

Note that I don't mind the Crow sequels at all; I found most of them forgettable, but at least they weren't trying to copy the original film (at least not as far as I know - I haven't seen all of them).
Old 11-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #204
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnamorphicWidescreen View Post
Re-making The Crow is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard; it would be akin to cinematic sacrilege. The original is not only one of the most iconic & memorable films of the '90's, but Brandon Lee's horrible fatality on the set is as much part of the film itself as the setting/plot/characters. And, the iconic '90's rock soundtrack is also a huge part of the film, and that's something that would be absent from a re-make (unless it were set in the '90's).

Note that I don't mind the Crow sequels at all; I found most of them forgettable, but at least they weren't trying to copy the original film (at least not as far as I know - I haven't seen all of them).
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=178
"The cost of a thing is the amount of life which is required to be exchanged for it." ~Henry David Thoreau~

"Getting to Know Moviefan2k4" Thread
Old 11-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #205

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
After reading that a few days back I was relieved. I saw the movie in the theater back when I was in middle school and loved it. I didn't get around to reading the book until my late 20's. Sadly I think the overpraise got to me because I think the movie was a great improvement over the book. I guess part of the reason is because I was never into poetry and it took me out of the story while reading. Also, what happened to them in the movie was far more brutal and hit me in the gut a lot harder.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:36 PM   #206
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Sweden

Quote:
Joy Division and The Cure? This soundtrack is already better than the '94 one.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:46 PM   #207
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaGodzilla View Post
Joy Division and The Cure? This soundtrack is already better than the '94 one.
The Cure did do the song "Burn", for the original film's soundtrack. They also finally played it live for the first time, last year...

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life which is required to be exchanged for it." ~Henry David Thoreau~

Thanks given by:
MechaGodzilla (11-06-2014)
Old 11-06-2014, 08:50 PM   #208
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Sweden

Quote:
The Cure did do the song "Burn", for the original film's soundtrack. They also finally played it live for the first time, last year...

The Cure - Burn (The Crow soundtrack) - New Orleans Voodoo Fest Nov.3 2013 - YouTube
Ha! Somehow I managed to forget. Well now I feel silly. It's been so many years since I either watched the film or listened to the soundtrack. The main songs I remember are TKK's After the Flesh and NIN's cover of Dead Souls.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:33 PM   #209

Aug 2014
Reading, PA

It's bad enough that his father, an icon of his time, had to have carbon copies of him do lowly imitations of his work in unneeded sequels and rehashed remakes, but now his son could have the same exact thing happen to him?

Not only did we have carbon copies of Brandon in those unneeded Crow sequels, but now we will get what will most likely be a CGI action Crapfest, bordering on the comically mundane remake of Total Recall, so that they can tarnish his name even more, then we arrive full circle like his father?

No, just no!
Old 11-06-2014, 11:24 PM   #210
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioWarrior View Post
It's bad enough that his father, an icon of his time, had to have carbon copies of him do lowly imitations of his work in unneeded sequels and rehashed remakes, but now his son could have the same exact thing happen to him?

Not only did we have carbon copies of Brandon in those unneeded Crow sequels, but now we will get what will most likely be a CGI action Crapfest, bordering on the comically mundane remake of Total Recall, so that they can tarnish his name even more, then we arrive full circle like his father?

No, just no!
In my opinion, no one was trying to blatantly rip off the 1994 film. James O'Barr created a story that lots of people could identify with, so after direct sequels became impossible, they decided to do spinoffs. Each one had the same basic story structure, but the characters and relationships were different. The only role brought back for "City of Angels" was Sarah, albeit re-envisioned as a starving tattoo artist in the L.A. slums. "Salvation" was a much better attempt overall, but I had major concerns with the content. I never saw "Wicked Prayer", and most I've spoken to about it have said it was horrible. I don't even think James bothered seeing that one...but he's very excited about this new effort, and that's what gives me hope for its quality.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:35 AM   #211
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
California

Loved everything about The Crow, soundtrack included.
I remember sitting in a mostly empty theater on opening day of the first showing and being mesmerized but also sad that Brandon was gone.
When the film ended I remember the people who were in the theater with me just sat there during the whole credit roll. A somber leaving of the theater and then blasting the soundtrack on the ride home.
Lets get some Sisters of Mercy, Nitzer Ebb, Skinny Puppy or Front 242 on the soundtrack.
PSN ID: swimfreak1
Old 11-07-2014, 12:43 AM   #212
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
California

[QUOTE=Moviefan2k4;9982769]The Cure did do the song "Burn", for the original film's soundtrack. They also finally played it live for the first time, last year...

Would have loved to see them perform it. They are my favorite band and I've seen them live several times going all the way back to Kiss me Kiss me.
This is one of my favorite made for a movie songs. Wishful thinking they would contribute a original song for the soundtrack.
PSN ID: swimfreak1
Old 11-07-2014, 01:11 AM   #213
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blufan View Post
I like a couple of songs on the soundtrack, but hard rock's never been my taste in general. I love the score by Graeme Revell, though.

Quote:
I remember sitting in a mostly empty theater on opening day of the first showing, and being mesmerized but also sad that Brandon was gone.
When the film ended, I remember the people who were in the theater with me just sat there during the whole credit roll.
I was too young to see it when it first hit theaters, but I remember those older than me saying how great it was in school. I first saw it on TV around '95 or so, and have loved it ever since. Brandon Lee was probably the first celebrity I'd ever become a fan of, that I was aware had died. Before that, the possibility that anyone could actually be killed on a film set had never occurred to me.

Old 11-07-2014, 01:57 AM   #214
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioWarrior View Post

No, just no!
Wow..........
Three pitchers of beer & you still can't ask?
Old 11-07-2014, 02:41 AM   #215
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blufan View Post
I remember sitting in a mostly empty theater on opening day of the first showing and being mesmerized but also sad that Brandon was gone.
When the film ended I remember the people who were in the theater with me just sat there during the whole credit roll. A somber leaving of the theater and then blasting the soundtrack on the ride home.
Lets get some Sisters of Mercy, Nitzer Ebb, Skinny Puppy or Front 242 on the soundtrack.
Yes please.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:23 AM   #216
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2013
South Carolina

Starting to change my mind on this. Since their not trying to copy Lee's character and them following the source material closely. If I remember the comic right it will be hard for them to keep an R rating. Now I just hope they set it in the 90's and don't cast Stewart.
Remembering our Soldiers overseas. Hoping they all get to come home soon to be with their family.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #217
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
Jacksonville, Florida

I'd be down for a female Crow since "Flesh and Blood" was one of my favorites and the only Crow comic I actually own.
Old 11-08-2014, 12:00 AM   #218
Special Member

Feb 2014

[quote=1blufan;9983729]
Quote:

Would have loved to see them perform it. They are my favorite band and I've seen them live several times going all the way back to Kiss me Kiss me.
This is one of my favorite made for a movie songs. Wishful thinking they would contribute a original song for the soundtrack.
I've only been to a handful of rock concerts in my life, but I was fortunate enough to see The Cure in concert way back in Summer '89; this was the Disintegration tour. Great show.

However, no matter how many great bands contribute to the soundtrack for a new Crow film, neither the film nor the soundtrack will be as amazing as the original '94 film/soundtrack. That being said, I'm a huge Joy Division & Cure fan, so if '70's/'80's-era songs from these two groups are in the new film, at least some of the soundtrack will be decent...

Now I need to go back and re-read the original graphic novel....

Last edited by AnamorphicWidescreen; 11-08-2014 at 12:35 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies