Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Outlander: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Outlander: Season One - The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$48.99
Fast & Furious 1-7 Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$99.99
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$71.99
Fargo: Year Two (Blu-ray)
$17.49
C.H.U.D. (Blu-ray)
$22.19
The Hunger Games 4-Film Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Preacher: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Godfather Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
American Hustle (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Cowboy Bebop: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$63.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-02-2015, 08:18 PM   #161
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
I think Unforgiven is the greatest Western ever made, and I love Westerns; there are others that are more conventionally entertaining but for the title of "greatest," only The Searchers really comes close.
Once Upon a Time in the West > Unforgiven.
Thanks given by:
lifepawn (02-25-2016), qb2333 (01-28-2016)
Old 02-02-2015, 09:46 PM   #162
Banned

Apr 2014

Unforgiven is my favorite Western as well.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:00 PM   #163

Sep 2011

I don't have a favorite Western or one for any other gentry for that matter but Unforgiving is certainly one of the best. Sure wish they would release Open Range. and do a better job with Tombstone. I wish Clint would direct one more western before hes done.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:39 PM   #164

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddwall View Post
I don't have a favorite Western or one for any other gentry for that matter but Unforgiving is certainly one of the best. Sure wish they would release Open Range. and do a better job with Tombstone. I wish Clint would direct one more western before hes done.
val kilmer's performance as doc holiday is my favorite western character in movie history.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:42 PM   #165
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddwall View Post
I don't have a favorite Western or one for any other gentry for that matter but Unforgiving is certainly one of the best. Sure wish they would release Open Range. and do a better job with Tombstone. I wish Clint would direct one more western before he's done.
That's "genre" and Unforgiven (see the thread title) - jes helpin' out (and I didn't even use my red ink pen).
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, it’s what I do for a living. There’s gotta be a method to it. It’s psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. It’s a lot like music.
Killer : Break his ****in’ legs, he’ll give ya a Who concert.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available. PM Me For A List.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:13 PM   #166

Sep 2011
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
That's "genre" and Unforgiven (see the thread title) - jes helpin' out (and I didn't even use my red ink pen).
You are of course correct thanks spelling is not one of my strong points.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:51 PM   #167
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2008
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmon77 View Post
Once Upon a Time in the West > Unforgiven.
I wouldn't rank it higher but it's certainly up there.
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac | 2016 Movie Rankings |
Old 02-25-2016, 09:18 AM   #168

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
Gran Torino
Million Dollar Baby I felt was slightly better made film (of his 2 Best Picture winners).

But I would have to say "Letters from Iwo Jima" is Clint's best picture he has ever made, and my fave ("Baby" 2nd, "Unforgiven" 3rd, GT 4th).

If it wasn't Martin Scorsese's turn to win Best Picture for "The Departed" in 2006, Clint should have got his 3rd film to win the Best Pic. Oscar for Iwo Jima.
This probably would have been the case, had "GoodFellas" beaten "Dances With Wolves" to Best Picture 1990… Which should have happened.

"Babel" was also up in 2006 (Alejandro González Iñárritu's (Birdman, The Revenant) 1st film up for an Oscar) and is arguably better than "The Departed" and as good as "Letters From Iwo Jima".

Anyhow, what I'd really like to know is how bad the DNR is on this 2006 BD transfer relic?
Give me Blu-Ray or give me death.

Down with streaming!

There will always be a place for physical media...

Respect the filmmakers intentions; Respect the the OAR
Old 02-25-2016, 11:54 AM   #169
Banned

Feb 2016

I haven't seen a lot of the older pre-1980s Westerns, but for me nothing has beaten Unforgiven. Hell it's one of my favorite films...period.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:50 PM   #170
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Being one of the first Blu titles, this is about ready for a new transfer...but since next year is the 25th Ann that would be the soonest I imagine.
JVC DLA-RS500 front projector
Stewart StudioTek 100, CinemaScope 9 foot wide screen
Samsung 51" F5300B plasma (ISF pro-cal'd)
Oppo BDP-980, BDP-983 & BDP-103D Blu-ray player
Denon AVR-X3000 (REW & Audyssey pro-cal'd)
MartinLogan Motion XT35 (fronts)
MartinLogan Motion 4 (surrounds x 3)
Rythmik dual 12" subs (L12)
Old 02-25-2016, 01:53 PM   #171
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2008
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter View Post
Being one of the first Blu titles, this is about ready for a new transfer...but since next year is the 25th Ann that would be the soonest I imagine.
25th anniversary next year, hopefully we get another Goodfellas-type release.
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac | 2016 Movie Rankings |
Old 02-25-2016, 07:37 PM   #172

Nov 2013
Montana

I have so rarely paid full price for any title in my 1,000-plus disc library that doing so is akin to the chances of Carrot Top giving an acceptance speech for his Best Actor Oscar.

For an "Unforgiven," release with an up-to-date presentation and worthy supplements -- don't even talk about a 4K release; I'd probably break out in a rash -- I would pay full MSRP and have that sucker pre-ordered the moment it's announced.

"Innocent of what?!"

" 'Deserve's got nothin' to do with it."

"He shoulda' armed himself."

"I was building a house."

So many great lines. So many near-perfect gems of small, meaningful character moments.

Love this film.

And I, too, also salivate in anticipation of hearing the gunfire in "Open Range" in lossless sound, as well.
Thanks given by:
Drumdums (02-25-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 07:49 PM   #173
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionJits View Post
I have so rarely paid full price for any title in my 1,000-plus disc library that doing so is akin to the chances of Carrot Top giving an acceptance speech for his Best Actor Oscar.

For an "Unforgiven," release with an up-to-date presentation and worthy supplements -- don't even talk about a 4K release; I'd probably break out in a rash -- I would pay full MSRP and have that sucker pre-ordered the moment it's announced.

"Innocent of what?!"

" 'Deserve's got nothin' to do with it."

"He shoulda' armed himself."

"I was building a house."

So many great lines. So many near-perfect gems of small, meaningful character moments.

Love this film.

And I, too, also salivate in anticipation of hearing the gunfire in "Open Range" in lossless sound, as well.
You should import the DE release. I did this a year ago and it looks and sounds great.
Thanks given by:
DionJits (02-25-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 08:30 PM   #174
Special Member

Feb 2013
American Midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
You should import the DE release. I did this a year ago and it looks and sounds great.
Or if you're region locked, the French BD of Open Range is region free.

I think Unforgiven is Clint's defining film as a director. It's hard for me to pick a favorite or say one or another is the best or better, but Unforgiven is near perfect by the merits. It is also working on a meta level where the connection between the Clint, The William Money character and the story is slightly allegorical for his career at that point. It loads an already great screenplay up with added meaning.

Million Dollar works in the same way too, but it's Unforgiven that remains the most iconic to me, at least outside The Man With No Name stuff.
Thanks given by:
DionJits (02-25-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 09:01 PM   #175

Nov 2013
Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
Thanks, HD Goofnut. I'll check it out. And warrian, as well, for the "Open Range" info.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:24 PM   #176
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionJits View Post
Thanks, HD Goofnut. I'll check it out. And warrian, as well, for the "Open Range" info.
No problem. If you haven't seen this thread I suggest you check it out: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=252156
Old 03-18-2016, 12:48 PM   #177
Expert Member

Dec 2015

If you can find me a copy of the steelbook version of this for cheaper than what Amazon France is asking for it I will let you be friends with my cat for 10 minutes.

Amazon UK and Germany won't deliver this to the US.
“They knead their own flesh into daily bread, and transmute their contrite hearts into basins of gruel."

Last edited by Nuck Horris; 03-18-2016 at 01:01 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America