Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Smokey and the Bandit (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Rambo 1-3 Box Set (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Sword in the Stone (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 04-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #241
Special Member

Feb 2012
Freehold, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentNight View Post
I agree almost entirely although H2 was not as good as it could have been due to the horrible Laurie Strode character in this one. Still, it was hardcore and the opening hospital scene was great. House of 1000 Corpses has climbed up the ranks of horror movies as being one of my all time favorites at this point.

I love the guys music (Educated Horses not so much) and have seen him perform in concert back in the White Zombie days as well as his solo tours. Great shows, great movies, I find him quite talented and hope the guy continues making new movies and albums, the new album is great BTW.
Yes, I love the new album. It's all I've really listened to since it came out. My favorite songs are "Behold the Pretty Filthy Creatures", "The Girl Who Loved the Monsters", "Rock and Roll (In a Black Hole)", and "We're an American Band (Cover)", but the entire album is awesome.

I agree, Educated Horses was his weakest, although I do really like some songs off there, like "The Devil's Rejects", "Foxy Foxy", and "Death of it All".

I have the same feeling about Ho1kC, and actually all of his movies. I find that the more I watch them and reflect on them, the more I enjoy them. I think as time goes on, his films will become much more appreciated.
The Official Disney Animation Thread
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195921
Old 04-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #242
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafisher94 View Post
Gee, I thought you were going to love it. After all, every single thing you've posted has been so positive and supportive of the film
I was apprehensive about it as I'm mixed on Zombie and his films but still thought I might like it better than his other movies. I liked H2 and even his first Halloween wasn't bad despite the signature white trash characters. I despised Corpses and Rejects though. I'd heard with this Zombie had matured as a filmmaker, and it is a more mature effort than any of his other movies. But it was also fairly boring. It's like House of the Devil but that was so well-made and started great and ended great. But nothing happens in between. This has the entertainment value of that but I actually gave that a passing grade as I loved the style. I watched this with a couple of friends who love Zombie, both his music and movies, and they hated it.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #243
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2011

What a terrible film. I almost fell asleep three times watching it. An incredible bore. I don't mind Rob Zombie's wife, but her character was so dull and lifeless and required no real acting. The "scares" were cliche and hilarious. The film looks very low budget. What the hell did they spend $2M on? I've seen better looking movies made on a smaller budget. The majority of the film takes place in a rundown apartment building with extremely poor lighting. The witches are just naked women covered in dirt, which is free. My God, the "witches" were excruciating to watch on film. Terrible acting from all of them. I want my 90 minutes back.
Money is the anthem of success. So before we go out, what's your address?
Old 04-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #244
Expert Member

Feb 2008
North Canton, Ohio

Quote:
Yes, I love the new album. It's all I've really listened to since it came out. My favorite songs are "Behold the Pretty Filthy Creatures", "The Girl Who Loved the Monsters", "Rock and Roll (In a Black Hole)", and "We're an American Band (Cover)", but the entire album is awesome.

I agree, Educated Horses was his weakest, although I do really like some songs off there, like "The Devil's Rejects", "Foxy Foxy", and "Death of it All".

I have the same feeling about Ho1kC, and actually all of his movies. I find that the more I watch them and reflect on them, the more I enjoy them. I think as time goes on, his films will become much more appreciated.
It's strange, I saw Corpses in the theater and really liked it but it wasn't until DVD and especially the fantastic looking Blu-Ray that I really fell in love with it. Even more so than Devil's Rejects which is also fantastic. I would put Lords of Salem right up there with Rejects but I still pick Corpses as his best. It's the perfect movie to watch at 3:00 AM in the morning right around Halloween time with some stiff drinks and the sound cranked up.
My Set-Up: Epson 5020UB Full 3D Projector on a 120" screen and 7.1 Earthquake surround sound Complete with Outlaw Audio Pre-Amp and Amp.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:22 AM   #245
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentNight View Post
It's strange, I saw Corpses in the theater and really liked it but it wasn't until DVD and especially the fantastic looking Blu-Ray that I really fell in love with it. Even more so than Devil's Rejects which is also fantastic. I would put Lords of Salem right up there with Rejects but I still pick Corpses as his best. It's the perfect movie to watch at 3:00 AM in the morning right around Halloween time with some stiff drinks and the sound cranked up.
House of 1000 Corpses is a real grower. It gets better with every year. Really like it.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:17 AM   #246
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britnasty View Post
And I actually liked the dreads on Sherri as well.
I have to say I liked her look in it.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:18 AM   #247
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner2007 View Post
House of 1000 Corpses is a real grower. It gets better with every year.
It should be Oscar worthy in about 100 years then.
Money is the anthem of success. So before we go out, what's your address?
Old 04-29-2013, 07:59 PM   #248
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by remake View Post
It should be Oscar worthy in about 100 years then.
I enjoy it every year is more accurate
Old 05-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #249
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008

Quote:
I saw this in the theater the other day. I traveled from my college in CT to NYC to see this.
hey, what college do you go to? just curious...im in CT too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeScott View Post
THE LORDS OF SALEM (2013)

[Show spoiler]For a little while I thought this could be one of the more tolerable Rob Zombie films. But as it progressed it just got worse and worse. First of all, there's really no character development. While I did kind of like the main character well enough I didn't ultimately care what would happen to her. We don't get to know enough about her to really care. She's completely one-dimensional. I wouldn't say Sheri Moon Zombie has become a better actress but her character here is less over-the-top than her Baby character from "Corpses" and "Rejects" and unlike that character she's actually likeable, so to me she came off much better here than in any of her other movies. The really awful performance comes from Dee Wallace, who is absolutely Razzie-worthy. What happened to her?

Zombie's writing still hasn't improved much. Some of the dialogue here is pretty bad. One line that stood out as particularly terrible to me was, "Did you come here to stick your nosy cock inside her head and f*ck her brain?" WHAT?!?! LOL.

I'd heard how great this was visually but I can't say I was impressed. It all looked really cheap to me and the film's dull look was pretty ugly. I know the budget was only 1.5 Million but I've seen better looking movies for less.

I'm not a Rob Zombie fan but really did try to have an open-mind about this. It just felt so empty. Weird visuals alone do not make a movie. It is a different kind of movie for Rob Zombie, but it still has the same basic DNA.

Anchor Bay really did audiences a favor by not giving this a wide release. They'll likely feel less cheated when they pick it up at Redbox. The majority of audiences would despise it.

While it started out interesting it didn't take long for it to get pretty boring. I also thought it was kind of cheesy. But I do have to give credit where credit is due. Some of the music was actually very good. I didn't expect that. The track that was played on the record by "The Lords" was kind of cool.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I wouldn't mind watching a horror film Rob Zombie directed but didn't write. Writing is not his strong suit. If he directed a good script and didn't alter it I do believe he could make a pretty good film. So far of his movies I've liked H2 the most. I thought it went in an intriguing direction. But even that is bogged down by some weak writing.

4/10 (D+)
Did you say this a few days ago?? What happened?

Originally Posted by MikeScott View Post
If it's a little Podunk town it's shocking they're getting it. My 18-screen theater isn't. Not that I'd go see it anyway. Maybe they're opening it in places that have a lot of satanic activity first .

and i was looking to go see this yesterday night...and it is already out of my theater....not happy but will have to wait until BD now....
Oh, you should never, never doubt what nobody is sure about. ~WiLLy WonKa~

PSN - Lacit
Old 05-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #250
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Germany

Anyone read the novel? Is it any good?
Old 05-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #251
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2012
Columbus, Ohio

Quote:
Yes. I really enjoyed it. Would have made a better movie had Zombie had the funds to stick closer to the novel.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #252
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman94 View Post
Yes. I really enjoyed it. Would have made a better movie had Zombie had the funds to stick closer to the novel.
Does it just offer more details, or entirely new plot points, different set pieces, different ending, etc?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #253
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2012
Columbus, Ohio

Quote:
Does it just offer more details, or entirely new plot points, different set pieces, different ending, etc?
More details and the ending is a bit different.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:29 AM   #254

Aug 2013
TX

Quote:
Yes. Extremely similar. Longer extended scenes though.
www.theyliveonfear.tumblr.com "I stuck a blender on his head and killed him........."
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies