Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Here Comes the Devil (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Planet Earth (Blu-ray)
$45.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #6841
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirjunkie View Post
For those who want to see this in HD but don't want to spend a fortune, Netflix streaming just added this title in Super HD.
I wonder, does it have the horrid blue tint?
Old 03-02-2014, 06:29 PM   #6842
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
Nope.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:24 PM   #6843

Feb 2014

Hey guys, not sure if this is appropriate thread to post this, but couldn't find another thread discussing the 1990 Night of the Living Dead:

I just became aware of a regular DVD set with four horror flicks, including the 1990 NOTLD (this was first released last Fall). Since I'm a fan of this re-make & have never owned this, I felt it may be worth getting - here's a link with more info:

http://www.amazon.com/Devils-Tomb-Ni...ving+dead+1990

However, here's the question- obviously the set is a steal, but I don't want to buy it (even at that good price) if NOTLD is a non-anamorphic or full-screen print. Or, if the PQ is horrible. There is no info. on the site re: these details, and there are no reviews of the set either.

So, does anyone actually own this set - and, if so, could you tell me about PQ & aspect ratio of NOTLD? I'm not concerned about the other three films, since I would only be getting this set for that one film...

Thanks in advance for any info. on this.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:49 PM   #6844

May 2008
Birmingham, AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnamorphicWidescreen View Post
Hey guys, not sure if this is appropriate thread to post this, but couldn't find another thread discussing the 1990 Night of the Living Dead:

I just became aware of a regular DVD set with four horror flicks, including the 1990 NOTLD (this was first released last Fall). Since I'm a fan of this re-make & have never owned this, I felt it may be worth getting - here's a link with more info:

However, here's the question- obviously the set is a steal, but I don't want to buy it (even at that good price) if NOTLD is a non-anamorphic or full-screen print. Or, if the PQ is horrible. There is no info. on the site re: these details, and there are no reviews of the set either.

So, does anyone actually own this set - and, if so, could you tell me about PQ & aspect ratio of NOTLD? I'm not concerned about the other three films, since I would only be getting this set for that one film...

The picture of the back of the box shows it as anamorphic widescreen, but I have no idea if the picture quality is any good. If NOTLD is all that you want, by the time you pay for shipping on this one, you would have paid more than you would for just the regular DVD of NOTLD, which is also anamorphic widescreen, and from what I remember, it had good picture quality.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:00 PM   #6845

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHurd View Post
The picture of the back of the box shows it as anamorphic widescreen, but I have no idea if the picture quality is any good. If NOTLD is all that you want, by the time you pay for shipping on this one, you would have paid more than you would for just the regular DVD of NOTLD, which is also anamorphic widescreen, and from what I remember, it had good picture quality.
OK, Thanks - this is helpful. I couldn't tell from looking at the back of the box whether it was anamorphic or not, since it didn't specifically state the aspect ratio. I'm leery of buying sets like this anyway since they typically put more than one film on the DVD, and by doing that the PQ may be sup-par - that being said, a while back I bought 4 of the Nightmare on Elm Street films on a 2-DVD set; there were two films on each DVD, and the PQ was not horrible. If there are more than two films on a DVD, however, IMHO that is too much.

Last edited by AnamorphicWidescreen; 03-14-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #6846
Expert Member

Aug 2013

Quote:

Reminds me of this package I saw at Wal-mart, http://www.amazon.com/Blob-Christine...dp/B00C2CDJ34/, too bad NOTLD 90 wasn't there instead of Seventh Sign to make it a full on Twilight Time party pack.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:09 PM   #6847
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidglov3s View Post
Reminds me of this package I saw at Wal-mart, http://www.amazon.com/Blob-Christine...dp/B00C2CDJ34/, too bad NOTLD 90 wasn't there instead of Seventh Sign to make it a full on Twilight Time party pack.
Maybe it will be a full TT party pack in the future

That set comes with 2 discs for the 4 movies, so I'd assume the same to be true for the other set as well.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:19 PM   #6848
Expert Member

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Maybe it will be a full TT party pack in the future

That set comes with 2 discs for the 4 movies, so I'd assume the same to be true for the other set as well.
And the other one too, can't wait for Zombie Strippers TT!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:20 PM   #6849

Sep 2013

Quote:

If you are worried about picture quality, get the single disk version http://www.amazon.com/Night-Living-D...ving+dead+1990

I have this version and it has both the wide screen and full screen versions on the disk. The widescreen is anamorphic and it looks decent for a DVD.

Here is a review of that disk; http://www.thedigitalbits.com/site_a...gdead1990.html

I would not get that four pack unless you can verify that the movie is on one disk.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:21 PM   #6850
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidglov3s View Post
And the other one too, can't wait for Zombie Strippers TT!
Old 03-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #6851
Special Member

Nov 2008
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
Seems to be the same presentation that's on VUDU, which is closer to the DVD timing.
"I can't forgive myself for having lied to you. I don't have a degree in biology. Never even finished high school. I haven't read more than two books in my whole life. One, never finished. And the other is the phone book."
Old 04-11-2014, 05:56 AM   #6852

Apr 2014

wow, i lucked out pretty well. i just stopped by the store for a whim looking for NOTLD and they actually had it (sticker was on the outside shrink wrap, but i thought about taking a picture after i watched it yesterday) i asked them about dead alive too, but no one had it

Old 04-11-2014, 06:02 AM   #6853
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_huntington View Post
wow, i lucked out pretty well. i just stopped by the store for a whim looking for NOTLD and they actually had it (sticker was on the outside shrink wrap, but i thought about taking a picture after i watched it yesterday) i asked them about dead alive too, but no one had it

[Show spoiler]
I'll give you $3 for it.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #6854
Power Member

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_huntington View Post

I need to move. You aren't the same person who found Fright Night for $8 a couple weeks ago at a Moviestop are you? If so, where are you? I'm moving there!

Nice find, someday I'll find something as cool as a well-known expensive LE I missed out on, with an $8 price tag on it.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:55 PM   #6855

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
I need to move. You aren't the same person who found Fright Night for $8 a couple weeks ago at a Moviestop are you? If so, where are you? I'm moving there!

Nice find, someday I'll find something as cool as a well-known expensive LE I missed out on, with an $8 price tag on it.
Lol nope im the fright night guy
Old 04-11-2014, 02:48 PM   #6856
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Exiled on Main Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
I'll give you $3 for it.
Too much!
"Jesus, what's with all the greed here? It's unattractive." - Uncle Jack
Old 04-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #6857

Apr 2014

i live in Oklahoma.

i had watched the dvd earlier this week of the original pressing, and wanted the blu-ray. i saw the murmuring about the color grading on this release, but figured it was the usual "sky is falling" mentality that can be seen on any forum for any subject.

after watching, i wasnt THAT bothered by it... but i wish they had used the same color grade as the original DVD had used. even though it was bright, i didnt mind it. it appears they were trying go for a night-for-day or whatever you call it color grading, which is ok... but thats not how it was filmed. lol. ah well. i enjoyed it, but enjoy the vibrance of the dvd release better. i also didnt like the fact that it lacked any supplementals the dvd reelase i have has "the dead walk" featureette or whatever that was. which was a fun 20/25 minute romp. this one at least has a commentary track, but i was hoping for more.

i bought all the romero dead movies on blu-ray this week and was satisfied with the bonus features for all, except this one. i was especially impressed with the 90 minute features on NOTLD, Dawn, and Day. they went above and beyond with those bonus features, and were all stuff i had never seen before, and i havent even delved into the commentaries yet.

ah well.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America