Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.95
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.98
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$16.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 04-10-2012, 02:01 AM   #61
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Yeah, I don't regret it. Even at 16.99.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #62
Expert Member

Apr 2012
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbs2034 View Post
Was at Best Buy today and got it as part of the 2 for $30 sale. I wouldn't pay the high normal price it goes for but as a sale it is not a bad choice. The one shot in 3D sequence (the cameo scene at the start, which was actually part of reshoots) has a bit of a cut-out looking effect, but the rest of the film is pretty good and there are a few splashy 3D effects.

Certainly not a mind-blowing 3D Blu-Ray (of the likes of Resident Evil, Lion King, Kung Fu Panda) that I would show off to everyone, but better 3D effects than some others I own (like Conan, Deathly Hallows Pt. 1, and Legend of the Guardians).

Just saw this as I was reading this thread to see what people thought about this movie. No offense but I just can't believe you can find the 3D in Legends of the Guardians dissapointing.

I really think it is one of the best out there, up there with Sammy's and the best of Pixar when it comes to animated 3D quality. Its really about as good as it gets at the moment and I think most people/reviewers would agree.

As for Green Hornet, I personally enjoy it and think the 3D is pretty darn good too. Especially as it's one of the "early" conversions/releases. About to watch it AGAIN now...
Old 12-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #63
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

My two cents:

This is a FANTASTIC conversion. The 3D is gorgeous in this and the depth is stunning. I just read through the whole thread and am amazed at the level of disappointment with the 3D on this. I agree that pop outs are few and far between, but i would never mark a 3D release down for this (Prometheus has no pop outs whatsoever and is one of the best looking 3D titles out there). Every shot has a real sense of space and considering this was a relatively early conversion i am all the more pleased with the 3D. The more i watch this movie, th more i like it. At first i liked it but felt that Rogen's character and performance was the real weak spot, however i've warmed to his role here more with repeat viewings.
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #64
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

I fancy watching this again today as its been a little while. I still remember it as being extremely underrated in the 3D department.
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:16 AM   #65
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
My two cents:

This is a FANTASTIC conversion. The 3D is gorgeous in this and the depth is stunning. I just read through the whole thread and am amazed at the level of disappointment with the 3D on this. I agree that pop outs are few and far between, but i would never mark a 3D release down for this (Prometheus has no pop outs whatsoever and is one of the best looking 3D titles out there). Every shot has a real sense of space and considering this was a relatively early conversion i am all the more pleased with the 3D. The more i watch this movie, th more i like it. At first i liked it but felt that Rogen's character and performance was the real weak spot, however i've warmed to his role here more with repeat viewings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
I fancy watching this again today as its been a little while. I still remember it as being extremely underrated in the 3D department.
Agree. I watched this again about a month ago to see the great villain played by Christoph Waltz (also in a couple Tarantino Films). The 3D layering, despite the obvious conversion warping, is really nicely done. Mostly Medium 3D with some stronger 3D action shots and a few mild 3D shots. There is some cut out (flatter volume for the characters and objects) in the layering going on as a note, but not in every shot.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies