Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$11.12
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 5-8 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
The Faculty (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.93
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-07-2014, 11:43 PM   #2041
Special Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMotel View Post
If you want to go way back, I would recommend watching Caprica before everything. Since it shows the creation of the cyclons and some hints/cameos of things in BSG.
I've got Caprica. I could watch it first.

Sometimes I debate watching things in chronological order vs production order. Because Caprica could be created with the assumption that the viewer has seen BSG, same with Blood & Chrome...
Old 08-08-2014, 12:05 AM   #2042

Aug 2009
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner330 View Post
I've got Caprica. I could watch it first.

Sometimes I debate watching things in chronological order vs production order. Because Caprica could be created with the assumption that the viewer has seen BSG, same with Blood & Chrome...
Just a few thoughts:

Please note, I really enjoyed caprica, but I can see how it could alienate people new to the series in general, as it deals with teenage issues and could be like a "dawson creek" or some other teen show to some viewers, I know there are other aspects but that particular aspect may turn off some viewers.

IMO Blood and Chrome is better knowing what Bill Adama Becomes. Makes a better impact of his first mission

I feel Battlestar is a much better series, than caprica, and has a chance to better draw to those new to the series. IMO battlestar is one of the best shows I have ever seen, and it made me want to see more in that world, whether it be a prequel or sequel. So in essence watch Battlestar first if you are a new viewer!

Just my thoughts... Regardless how you watch it, Enjoy!

Last edited by jordy475; 08-08-2014 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:12 AM   #2043
Special Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordy475 View Post
Just a few thoughts:

Please note, I really enjoyed caprica, but I can see how it could alienate people new to the series in general, as it deals with teenage issues and could be like a "dawson creek" or some other teen show to some viewers, I know there are other aspects but that particular aspect may turn off some viewers.

IMO Blood and Chrome is better knowing what Bill Adama Becomes. Makes a better impact of his first mission

I feel Battlestar is a much better series, than caprica, and has a chance to better draw to those new to the series. IMO battlestar is one of the best shows I have ever seen, and it made me want to see more in that world, whether it be a prequel or sequel. So in essence watch Battlestar first if you are a new viewer!

Just my thoughts... Regardless how you watch it, Enjoy!
Thats pretty much on-par with my thinking. Maybe BSG, B&C, Caprica.

This seems to be pretty comprehensive.

Last edited by Dreamliner330; 08-08-2014 at 03:15 AM.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:12 AM   #2044

Jan 2012
Madison, WV

l still haven't finished yet, so I'm just kinda skimming through the posts to try and avoid any spoilers (though I think this thread has turned into a no-spoiler thread since its revival).

Anyway, I don't think these were mentioned, so add these to the list:

-Razor Flashbacks (If you have the extended cut of Razor, then you don't need to worry about these.)

-The Resistance (It might be in your S3 set -- not sure. They were on mine, but I have the UK box set.)

-The Face Of The Enemy (You'll have to look these up online.)

I can't remember much about The Resistance, so I'm not sure if it's supposed to fit in mid-season or not. But I do know that I'd watch The Face of the Enemy in between episodes 1 & 2 of S4.5. I'm sure others have their own preferences of where to slip these in at.

Apologies if these have already been addressed.

Hope this helps some!
Old 08-09-2014, 08:30 AM   #2045
Power Member

Jun 2012
California, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by danforth44 View Post
l still haven't finished yet, so I'm just kinda skimming through the posts to try and avoid any spoilers (though I think this thread has turned into a no-spoiler thread since its revival).

-Razor Flashbacks (If you have the extended cut of Razor, then you don't need to worry about these.)

-The Resistance (It might be in your S3 set -- not sure. They were on mine, but I have the UK box set.)

I can't remember much about The Resistance, so I'm not sure if it's supposed to fit in mid-season or not. But I do know that I'd watch The Face of the Enemy in between episodes 1 & 2 of S4.5. I'm sure others have their own preferences of where to slip these in at.

Hope this helps some!
Or if you have the money, import the new JP release of the S4 set.
1st Blu-Ray: (500) Days of Summer
100th Blu-Ray: Deadwood: The Complete Series
Old 08-09-2014, 08:37 AM   #2046
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:

Hope this helps some!
The Resistance webisodes are set before Season 3.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:50 AM   #2047
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008

Am I the only person who found the personal aspects of the ending dissapointing..

[Show spoiler]The way Adama and Tigh parted (I don't think they even said farewell), or the way Adama is depicted as going off on his own, seemingly never to see his son or friends again..
Old 08-09-2014, 10:17 AM   #2048
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Darren View Post
Am I the only person who found the personal aspects of the ending dissapointing..

[Show spoiler]The way Adama and Tigh parted (I don't think they even said farewell), or the way Adama is depicted as going off on his own, seemingly never to see his son or friends again..
The whole second half of the last season is disappointing unfortunately.
Leo needs new shoes...
Old 08-13-2014, 01:24 AM   #2049

Jan 2012
Madison, WV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
The Resistance webisodes are set before Season 3.
Thanks! I couldn't remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMotel View Post
Or if you have the money, import the new JP release of the S4 set.
If I had the money, I'd definitely do this. It bugs me to not have the entire collection, even if it is only these webisodes. Thanks for the info, though. Hopefully I'll be able to order it at some point in the future.

Do you know why these weren't included in the first place??
Old 08-13-2014, 01:31 AM   #2050
Expert Member

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDiGriz View Post
The whole second half of the last season is disappointing unfortunately.

Don't believe Ive ever seen such a good series go so bad, so fast. I loved the first two seasons, but eventually it was almost like watching a soap opera trying to come up with crazy plot twists to keep people watching.

I remember Ron Moore dissing Star Trek Voyager (which he worked on) because of some continuity issues. They were minor compared to the cluster frak BSG became by the end.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:36 AM   #2051
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

Couldnt disagree more. Loved it beginning to end.
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!

Don't use your UV/digital copy codes? Send them my way! I'll give them a good home!
:)
Thanks given by:
OptimusL (08-13-2014), petrified-eye (08-13-2014)
Old 08-13-2014, 02:18 AM   #2052

Apr 2014
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
Couldnt disagree more. Loved it beginning to end.
Same here.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:27 AM   #2053
Power Member

Jun 2012
California, USA

Quote:
Thanks! I couldn't remember.

If I had the money, I'd definitely do this. It bugs me to not have the entire collection, even if it is only these webisodes. Thanks for the info, though. Hopefully I'll be able to order it at some point in the future.

Do you know why these weren't included in the first place??
Nothing's ever been definitely stated, but the popular theory was rights issues.
1st Blu-Ray: (500) Days of Summer
100th Blu-Ray: Deadwood: The Complete Series
Old 08-13-2014, 05:11 PM   #2054
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
626, So Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad View Post
Don't believe Ive ever seen such a good series go so bad, so fast. I loved the first two seasons, but eventually it was almost like watching a soap opera trying to come up with crazy plot twists to keep people watching.
A funny guy I know said all the science in the show seemed to be about creating enough drama to make everyone rack their slides and point their guns at each others heads.

I still hated the idea of a remake when it could/should have been a sequel series instead. Practically nothing has to change except some names.
---
"No matter where you go, there you are."
SXRD/Denon/Polk/PS3/WiiU
320GB CECHA01- YLOD; 160GB Drake's (hax0r3d OtherOS toy); 120GB Slim with Move
PSN: Uxi Twitter: Uxixu
Old 08-18-2014, 07:55 AM   #2055

Jan 2012
Madison, WV

I finally finished it last night. I have no idea how to rate it. I absolutely loved everything about it, including the final season, up until about the last hour of the finale. It was such a shame to see a series that I love end on that.

Oh well. Guess it's on to Caprica & Blood & Chrome.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:22 AM   #2056

Nov 2012

The original series on blu ray
Old 08-19-2014, 03:05 AM   #2057
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Warsteiner Asylum

Quote:
I finally finished it last night. I have no idea how to rate it. I absolutely loved everything about it, including the final season, up until about the last hour of the finale. It was such a shame to see a series that I love end on that.

Oh well. Guess it's on to Caprica & Blood & Chrome.
Welcome to the club.... many of us say to skip the last 45 minutes - ish of the final episode or risk your love of the series. ..
"Don't be stupid, this is way more entertaining than Hollywood's ever gonna be!" - Revy, Black Lagoon

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - TV Show Host, Robocop

What really happened to Farscape!
Old 08-19-2014, 04:17 AM   #2058

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
Welcome to the club.... many of us say to skip the last 45 minutes - ish of the final episode or risk your love of the series. ..
i liked the ending except for how starbuck was explained away..
Old 08-19-2014, 04:25 AM   #2059
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010
Zeta II Reticuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
I loved the ending. It was bold. I do agree that Starbuck was mishandled thou.
I mostly come out at night...mostly.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America