Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$97.07
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Hannibal: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Black Hawk Down (Blu-ray)
$7.98

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #101
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Why wait for blu-ray titles to be released in the U.S, when you can import them, especially when they're Region Free. I've purchased 101 Dalmatians, Sudden Death, Hard Target, and many other blu-ray titles from the UK, and I didn't regret it.
It depends on the releases. Some of them are barebones, while the eventual US release has special features. Sabrina and Funny Face are perfect examples. With this being another Paramount title, this falls into that same boat. I'd rather wait and pay roughly the same price if it's a title that has a decent shot of coming out here.

I do import to some extent, and some of the UK companies do great work, but Paramount isn't really one of them. It makes no sense why they can't include the same special features they do in the US for certain titles.
Last Watched: Mad Men: Season Four (Episode 9)
Last Bought: Despicable Me 2 3D
PSN ID: KilloWertz
"Chuck me" 9/24/07 - 1/27/12
Old 12-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #102
Special Member

Jun 2007
Sunshine State

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilloWertz View Post
It depends on the releases. Some of them are barebones, while the eventual US release has special features. Sabrina and Funny Face are perfect examples. With this being another Paramount title, this falls into that same boat. I'd rather wait and pay roughly the same price if it's a title that has a decent shot of coming out here.

I do import to some extent, and some of the UK companies do great work, but Paramount isn't really one of them. It makes no sense why they can't include the same special features they do in the US for certain titles.

Agreed. I imported Dante's Peak when it was only available in the UK and a year later it was released in the US with all the special features ported over from the original DVD release. I don't really care that much for special features but I prefer to have them instead of a barebones release. If I know something have a decent chance of being release in the US, I rather wait.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #103
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilloWertz View Post

It also depend on the individual as well because, everybody doesn't necessarily want the special features. Their primary reason for buying blu-rays, is for the movie itself in 1080p resolution, and lossless audio. All I want is the movie, and everything else is secondary. It's rare, that I watch all the special features anyway (if at all), so it really doesn't matter to me, if a blu-ray contains them or not.

Last edited by slimdude; 12-30-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #104
Power Member

Mar 2010

The PQ on this is pretty average to poor for the most part. Old master used obviously, but there at least doesn't appear to be any digital tampering, it just doesn't look that great.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America