Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Far Cry 3 (PS3)
$15.00
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3)
$19.99
Borderlands 2 (PS3)
$19.99
BioShock Infinite (PS3)
$19.99
MLB 13: The Show (PS3)
$18.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3)
$15.99
Saints Row IV (PS3)
$24.99
WWE 2K14 (PS3)
$29.77
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PS3)
$29.96
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (PS3)
$14.99
Diablo III (PS3)
$37.48
The Walking Dead (PS3)
$19.99
Payday 2 (PS3)
$19.99
Uncharted 3 (PS3)
$19.99
Disney Infinity (PS3)
$54.99
Dark Souls II (PS3)
$49.99
Deadpool (PS3)
$19.99
Remember Me (PS3)
$18.15
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy (PS3)
$14.96
Old 02-06-2014, 04:52 PM   #2361
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

I think I can understand his position. IMO, the games don't make the greatest first impression. I never got past probably 30 minutes to an hour on the first one (playing on the PC) and with ME2 on the PS3, I initially tried it a few times and quit because it just didn't seem to be my kind of game (even though I love sci-fi). It was only after hearing people continue to rave about it over and over that I finally gave ME2 another chance. I still disliked it at first but after sticking with it through the learning curve and starting to learn the characters, I became hooked. Now I'd say ME2 is probably in my top 5 all-time but I would never have guessed that would be the case when I first started out playing it. That is, some games you start out playing and you just know you're going to love them but ME2 wasn't really that way for me even though that is how it turned out in the end.
PSN: OWA
XBL: OWAXB1
Old 02-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #2362
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by owa View Post
I think I can understand his position. IMO, the games don't make the greatest first impression. I never got past probably 30 minutes to an hour on the first one (playing on the PC) and with ME2 on the PS3, I initially tried it a few times and quit because it just didn't seem to be my kind of game (even though I love sci-fi). It was only after hearing people continue to rave about it over and over that I finally gave ME2 another chance. I still disliked it at first but after sticking with it through the learning curve and starting to learn the characters, I became hooked. Now I'd say ME2 is probably in my top 5 all-time but I would never have guessed that would be the case when I first started out playing it. That is, some games you start out playing and you just know you're going to love them but ME2 wasn't really that way for me even though that is how it turned out in the end.
But the point is that it is dumb to decide that a game is bad after 30 minutes. ME3s first 30 minutes at the beginning are pretty bad.
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPS!!!!

PS gamertag: Merrick97
Xbox 360: Merrick97
Old 02-06-2014, 10:01 PM   #2363
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007

I can get it bc I decided that FFXIII was bad within my first hour of playing it. I played to completion and that opinion didn't change at all. I recently traded off NFS after an hour of it bc I didn't like the game, but then again Ive never been a huge fan of NFS.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:24 AM   #2364
Power Member

Oct 2007
Dunsfold

I gotta ask, do you guys play much (if any!) ME3 Multiplayer, as i play it all the time and never have any difficulty finding team-mates for a session. I'm up to 97% on the Map Mastery at the moment, having gotten the 'Hardcore' banner recently. Still haven't managed to get a Venom shotgun though!

Myself and friend play ME3 MP so much that we've decided that it's going to be a perennial until ME4 drops. Damn shame Bioware won't release a final bunch of MP maps, i guess the door closed on that a long time ago. Still a great game for team-based action though.
Samsung 3D F6800 40". PS4. 80 Gig PS3. Technika BRSS10 multi-region BD player.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #2365
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildWhelk View Post
I gotta ask, do you guys play much (if any!) ME3 Multiplayer, as i play it all the time and never have any difficulty finding team-mates for a session. I'm up to 97% on the Map Mastery at the moment, having gotten the 'Hardcore' banner recently. Still haven't managed to get a Venom shotgun though!

Myself and friend play ME3 MP so much that we've decided that it's going to be a perennial until ME4 drops. Damn shame Bioware won't release a final bunch of MP maps, i guess the door closed on that a long time ago. Still a great game for team-based action though.
The multiplayer was not bad. I did play it a bit when it came out, but only to get 100% and platinum.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:54 PM   #2366
Special Member

May 2010
Denmark

The worst thing about the MP is the incredible long load times! That killed it for me.
Hands off the compression button, music industry!
Hands off the DNR button, Blu-Ray producers!
Films are supposed to have grain!

https://twitter.com/Kristofferabild
Old 02-09-2014, 09:48 PM   #2367
Power Member

Oct 2007
Dunsfold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristoffer View Post
The worst thing about the MP is the incredible long load times! That killed it for me.
Oh come now, the load times aren't that bad! If they were, i wouldn't play MP ME3 for the best part of 6 hours a week! My only wish was that you could dump the texture cache on the HDD to save wear and tear on the BD drive. MP ME3 is still amazingly popular, and i really hope they don't turn off the servers for it until ME4 is with us.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:47 AM   #2368
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Illinois

Quote:

I stopped at 977 hours. Very fun! Around 700 hours is when the sting of the ME3 sp campaign left my mind, so think of the mp as a nice comfy therapy session.

Mp will be in ME4.....and.....the chances of EA putting an over-abundance of mico transactions will be high and people will rage. Or, maybe they learned a lesson from their more recent disasters? We'll see.....
Old 02-12-2014, 10:11 AM   #2369
Power Member

Oct 2007
Dunsfold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offender_Mullet View Post
I stopped at 977 hours. Very fun! Around 700 hours is when the sting of the ME3 sp campaign left my mind, so think of the mp as a nice comfy therapy session.

Mp will be in ME4.....and.....the chances of EA putting an over-abundance of mico transactions will be high and people will rage. Or, maybe they learned a lesson from their more recent disasters? We'll see.....
Bioware and EA were very generous in giving us the MP content free of charge, meant i could afford to get the single player content. If Bioware want to go at it Activision style and charge us for an ongoing sequence of MP DLC with ME4, then i'm up for it. I'm mere days away from getting the Nomad banner. Not going for Best Of The Best or Lone Wolf, as i play the game for the Team element and aren't mad enough to make Platinum difficulty a regular fixture.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #2370
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Quote:
Bioware and EA were very generous in giving us the MP content free of charge, meant i could afford to get the single player content. If Bioware want to go at it Activision style and charge us for an ongoing sequence of MP DLC with ME4, then i'm up for it. I'm mere days away from getting the Nomad banner. Not going for Best Of The Best or Lone Wolf, as i play the game for the Team element and aren't mad enough to make Platinum difficulty a regular fixture.
They did that for the heat the game took on the poor excuse for an ending.

Still, free is free.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:37 PM   #2371
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Illinois

Quote:
What Merrick said. Also, the mp was also a 'tester' to see if people would play it. And play it they did. It was extremely popular, which is why more micro transactions will probably be in the next one.

They did have micro transactions in it but it wasn't anything you couldn't buy with in-game credits, unlike some games where you have to use real world money to unlock items, maps, etc.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:13 PM   #2372

Jan 2014
Houston

I absolutely loved Mass Effect 3 and the multiplayer. The only reason I stopped playing it for awhile was due to playing games like Tomb Raider and The last of us. I am thinking of playing through the game again with a different charecter and choosing all of the evil options.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:25 PM   #2373
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrickG View Post
They did that for the heat the game took on the poor excuse for an ending.

Still, free is free.

They did no such thing. It was free because the game was bringing in revenue because of the micro transactions.

Please grow up now.
City Is My Church
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Tags
awesomesauce, bioware, mass effect