Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning / The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Charade (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-11-2014, 08:02 AM   #341

Nov 2012
Los Angeles
Exclamation Maybe down to $5 at Target now...?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleLoad View Post
Thanks chadr108 for letting us know about the Target bargain price. $7.50 is a steal...
I actually saw a shelf tag for this tonight for only $5 at one of my local Targets. Like many here, I saw it in the $7.50 section last week, but it may have dropped even further this week. There weren't any copies available to scan and verify the price, but the (top) shelf tag definitely said Breakfast at Tiffany's Blu-ray $5. Maybe someone else can find a copy at their Target to scan and see if that shelf tag I saw was indeed accurate, so anyone on the fence at the $7.50 price can get their butts in gear and finally grab this...
Collector of stuff...
Old 02-11-2014, 08:09 AM   #342
Power Member

Oct 2008
Land Of Lincoln, USA Blu-ray SteelBooks™ (96)

I just watched it via Amazon streaming the other night for the first time. Loved it! I'll check Target for it Tues.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:20 PM   #343
Power Member

Oct 2008

I bought Breakfast At Tiffany's today at Target and it was $7.50.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:29 PM   #344
Power Member

Oct 2008

You can get the 50th anniversary edition from WBshop for $7.39. The picture doesn't show a slipcover, though.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:20 PM   #345
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcards View Post
You can get the 50th anniversary edition from WBshop for $7.39. The picture doesn't show a slipcover, though.
The Warner pressings do not have a slipcover.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:33 PM   #346

Mar 2013

Today, my local Target had a tag for TIFFANYS in the five dollar section. Sadly, there weren't any discs in that row, however.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:46 PM   #347
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Just watched this last night (along with THX 1138 ). Tiffany's was a keeper, not so sure about THX. Both, however, were great upgrades of older films. Nice to hear the expanded (stereo) music track and occasional foley effect on Tiffany's, very tastefully done.
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.-Mark Twain

Digital Copies Available ($1-$3 or Best Offer). PM Me For List.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #348

Nov 2013
USA

As mentioned previously, I bought this for $7.50 at Target not too long ago. I went in yesterday and the shelf tag said $5 but it rang up as $7.50 at the register. I asked the cashier if I could show him the $5 shelf tag. He said "ok" and walked over to the shelf tag with me. He said "I don't remember the shelf tag changing but I will give you the $5 price anyways". So now I'm going to take the sealed BD copy back to Target with my old receipt to get my $7.50 refunded. Thanks for the info, Matt C.

Last edited by InvisibleLoad; 03-02-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #349

Mar 2013

I just bought a copy of TIFFANY'S at my local Target--for $7.50. The five dollar tag from two weeks ago had been replaced.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #350

Jan 2011
O-H-I-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Tomorrow View Post
The fact that it was a "comical role" is exactly what is so offensive about the performance and the casting. It's a very outdated, caricatured stereotype of how Japanese people look and behave. It's comparable to minstrels and I sincerely hope you have some sort of understanding why they are considered offensive.

All instances where Caucasian actors play Asian or African American characters are now considered offensive, not least because there are plenty of actors of that ethnicity who are being put out of a job by casting a white person.

The reason why you didn't hear much in regards to Remo Williams is because that was an obscure flop of a film, while Breakfast at Tiffany's is considered a much loved classic and also because the performance by Rooney was so grotesque. Even many people who love the film have a problem with Rooney's casting.
So what do the "PC Police" expect, studios to go back and edit-out scenes like this from every movie made pre-PC ?

I'm half Italian ... can I get all mafia movies that make Italians look bad removed from circulation ?
Old 03-02-2014, 09:39 PM   #351
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
So what do the "PC Police" expect, studios to go back and edit-out scenes like this from every movie made pre-PC ?

I'm half Italian ... can I get all mafia movies that make Italians look bad removed from circulation ?

The OP said nothing like that at all, talk about missing the point and over exaggerating.
Home Theater Setup: Blu-ray player and a TV.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:32 AM   #352
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012
Georgia

After purchasing this Breakfast at Tiffany's Blu-ray from the $7 bin at Best Buy a couple months back, I finally got around to watching it, and I could not be happier. It's a great transfer of a 1960s Technicolor film.

Holly Golightly has problems, but it's still impossible not to fall in love with her.

This movie tends to be featured at Fox Theatre here in Atlanta during their summer series, and it's a great date suggestion.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:57 AM   #353

Mar 2012
Buffalo, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Owl View Post
After purchasing this Breakfast at Tiffany's Blu-ray from the $7 bin at Best Buy a couple months back, I finally got around to watching it, and I could not be happier. It's a great transfer of a 1960s Technicolor film.

Holly Golightly has problems, but it's still impossible not to fall in love with her.

This movie tends to be featured at Fox Theatre here in Atlanta during their summer series, and it's a great date suggestion.
I purchased a brand new copy with slipcover off eBay a week or so ago (for $30) and finally got around to watching it tonight. Even though this was a pure blind buy, I have heard stellar comments about the movie for many years, including from members of my own family, my parents, who saw the movie in theaters many years ago.

Despite the steep price for the first pressing disc, I could not have been happier with the purchase, and am ashamed I have not gotten around to watching this movie sooner.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:04 AM   #354
Power Member

Dec 2010
Miami Lakes, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades1370 View Post
I purchased a brand new copy with slipcover off eBay a week or so ago (for $30) and finally got around to watching it tonight. Even though this was a pure blind buy, I have heard stellar comments about the movie for many years, including from members of my own family, my parents, who saw the movie in theaters many years ago.

Despite the steep price for the first pressing disc, I could not have been happier with the purchase, and am ashamed I have not gotten around to watching this movie sooner.
Great movie
"He's scraping at the door. Scraping at the door!"

15 Favorite Films: 1) Inglourious Basterds 2) Back to the Future 3) The Empire Strikes Back 4) Pulp Fiction 5) Aliens 6) Halloween 7) Jurassic Park 8) Raiders of the Lost Ark 9) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 10) 2001: A Space Odyssey 11) Goodfellas 12) Star Wars 13) Jaws 14) Shaun of the Dead 15) Taxi Driver

My Letterboxd
Old 04-21-2014, 11:00 AM   #355

Jul 2013
St. Albans, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post

Rooney's performance is outdated and racist even for 1961, IMO. Even taking the fact it's a comedy I can't defend the portrayal of that character. Its not just making Asians 'look bad', its stereotyping the look, accent, mannerisms, everything. Of course he's an actor acting, but he must have thought at some point it was offensive.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:29 PM   #356
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades1370 View Post

Better late than never. I'm glad it really worked out for you. I blind bought this when it came out and couldn't have been happier with it either.
Last Watched: Mad Men: Season Four (Episode 9)
Last Bought: Despicable Me 2 3D
PSN ID: KilloWertz
"Chuck me" 9/24/07 - 1/27/12
Old 04-21-2014, 06:45 PM   #357
Expert Member

Oct 2012
Northern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim_tales View Post
Rooney's performance is outdated and racist even for 1961, IMO. Even taking the fact it's a comedy I can't defend the portrayal of that character. Its not just making Asians 'look bad', its stereotyping the look, accent, mannerisms, everything. Of course he's an actor acting, but he must have thought at some point it was offensive.
Yes, and the Wayan brothers portrayed bubble-headed white girls in White Chicks, but you don't hear any belly-aching about that (other than it was a terrible movie). There's also been a bit of backlash about Flower Drum Song by some because of its portrayal of asians despite it being an almost entirely asian cast with the exeption of Juanita Hall who is african american playing an asian character. The musical is based on a novel by C.Y. Yee a chinese american author who has also recently been accused of perpetuating asian stereotypes. Bottom line is, take the movie for what its worth and the time it was made. Peoples opinions and tastes have evolved, so does that mean no one is allowed to view or enjoy these movies? Look, if it offends you, don't watch or buy it.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:26 PM   #358

Mar 2012
Buffalo, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilloWertz View Post
Better late than never. I'm glad it really worked out for you. I blind bought this when it came out and couldn't have been happier with it either.
I've added quite a few of her other performances to my Amazon wishlist, My Fair Lady, Sabrina, and Funny Face. It's a shame Roman Holiday is not available on the format at this time... I swear I can never keep my wish list to under 400 titles for any lengthy period of time... LOL
Old 04-21-2014, 07:32 PM   #359

Sep 2013

Breakfast At Tiffany's was once part of the upgrade and save program at Best Buy. 9.99-crappy DVD = 5
Old 04-21-2014, 07:47 PM   #360
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim_tales View Post
Didn't offend me, as I know its a comedy, its just a movie, and a darn fine one.
Everybody wants all movies to be super PC these days
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America