Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Cyber Monday Deals Week is Live »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Doctor Who: The Complete Seventh Series (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$99.99
Despicable Me 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Preacher: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Preacher: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Mission: Impossible The 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$21.99
The Godfather Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Star Trek Beyond 4K + 3D Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Blu-ray)
$7.83
Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$95.30
Road House (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-03-2016, 04:27 AM   #521

May 2013

Probably. Just the same the next thing I'm looking forward to RoboCop wise is hopefully the complete making and distribution of RoboDoc, some new ultra documentary which is gonna be interviewing practically everyone, including some from the sequels.
Thanks given by:
eastx (07-03-2016)
Old 07-03-2016, 05:18 AM   #522
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by crissrudd4554 View Post
Probably. Just the same the next thing I'm looking forward to RoboCop wise is hopefully the complete making and distribution of RoboDoc, some new ultra documentary which is gonna be interviewing practically everyone, including some from the sequels.
Until they get Peter Weller...
Old 07-03-2016, 03:59 PM   #523

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
Until they get Peter Weller...
Thats what Im hoping for too. It'd be pretty insulting to the fans to interview the dude from the third movie, which apparently they are, and not Weller!
Old 07-03-2016, 06:05 PM   #524
Banned

Sep 2014
RIP, Your Royal Badness

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
I love 2, but more because it's insane than because it's good.
The RLM guys did a video about the original Robocop back when the remake came out. About halfway through, there's a decent (though NSFW) little discussion about Robocop 2...

The whole video's pretty good, but the bit about 2 really has me wanting to track down the three pack to watch it for the first time in something like twenty years. The less said about 3, the better.
Thanks given by:
KevinStriker (08-15-2016)
Old 07-03-2016, 06:09 PM   #525
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
Shropshire, UK
Send a message via MSN to dallywhitty

I don't think it quite achieves greatness (mainly because some of the story elements are underdeveloped), but there is a lot to like about RoboCop 2. The film is mean-spirited, slightly balmy, and the action sequence at the end is terrific. It's still a very interesting, very entertaining sequel and a worthy follow-up to the original.
But I'm a hostage to that face of yours.

BLADE RUNNER COLLECTION
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (07-04-2016), Lionel Horsepackage (07-03-2016), MechaGodzilla (07-04-2016), WhySoBlu? (07-03-2016)
Old 07-03-2016, 06:12 PM   #526
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

I like it a lot. It's not a patch on the first film, but what would be? As it is, it's an ultra-violent piece of pulpy sci-fi action goodness and I'd definitely be in for an SE if it ever happens.
Thanks given by:
Lionel Horsepackage (07-03-2016), MechaGodzilla (07-04-2016), Sky_Captain (07-03-2016), WhySoBlu? (07-03-2016)
Old 07-04-2016, 02:50 AM   #527
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2012
Sweden

Also, "RoboCain" is a damn cool design and I love the stop motion effects.
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (07-04-2016), KevinStriker (08-15-2016)
Old 08-15-2016, 01:59 AM   #528

Sep 2015
Greater Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaGodzilla View Post
Also, "RoboCain" is a damn cool design and I love the stop motion effects.
The animation on RoboCain is the absolute BEST stopmotion animation I've ever seen in a Hollywood movie. Cain and ED 209 are just two testaments to how talented Phil Tippett is.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:20 AM   #529
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
East of Ale Asylum

RoboCop 2 is one of the few sequels that I easily felt was as awesome as the first. No...its not better, but it's equally as good and I'd consider 1 and 2 as the way you construct a solid book.....Act 1 and Act 2.... Act 3, is where the wheels came off....It's too bad we didn't get a real RoboCop sequel for Part 3 (I do like it, but it's not the same level of grit and fun that the first two made up.)

Funny side story....my mom took me to RoboCop 2 at the theater and afterwards swore she'd never take me to another R Rated movie....luckily I figured out how to see them without her....My dad was a LOT more lax about R rated movies.
"Don't be stupid, this is way more entertaining than Hollywood's ever gonna be!" - Revy, Black Lagoon

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - TV Show Host, Robocop
Old 08-15-2016, 02:36 AM   #530
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
Fresno, California, USA

Robocop 2 would be a good candidate for the Shout Select line.

Hell, just include Robocop 3 as some low rent bonus feature on the Robocop 2 Collector's Edition. As long as Robocop 2 gets a remaster on par with the first movie, i'm all good.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:25 AM   #531
Special Member

Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
RoboCop 2 is one of the few sequels that I easily felt was as awesome as the first. No...its not better, but it's equally as good and I'd consider 1 and 2 as the way you construct a solid book.....Act 1 and Act 2.... Act 3, is where the wheels came off....It's too bad we didn't get a real RoboCop sequel for Part 3 (I do like it, but it's not the same level of grit and fun that the first two made up.)

Funny side story....my mom took me to RoboCop 2 at the theater and afterwards swore she'd never take me to another R Rated movie....luckily I figured out how to see them without her....My dad was a LOT more lax about R rated movies.
Agreed. Never understood the hate for Robo 2 (or Predator 2 for that matter). As a kid I watched it just as often as the first (part 3 hadn't been made yet). Same goes for Predator 2. First R-rated movie I saw in theaters was Terminator 2 when I was 7. My dad (and mom) was very lax about r-rated movies as well. A shame we never got a proper Terminator 3/Predator 3 either. But hey, Alien 3 is decent enough.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:55 AM   #532
Expert Member

Aug 2009

I like Predator 2. RoboCop 2 has good bits, but the actual story is disjointed, overly mean-spirited, and not all that fun.

If you want to understand why RoboCop 2 is maligned, this editorial expresses its shortcomings very well:

The Strange Case of RoboCop 2

Quote:
The film begins with Murphy lamenting the loss of his humanity, yet everything that follows really seems eager to reinforce his robotic side, thereby justifying his decision to shun his wife and throw himself totally into police work. This is a strange choice to make. As the film discards Alex Murphy, we in turn begin to discard RoboCop. Nancy Allen's Officer Lewis shows up in the film, but only in a perfunctory capacity. When overloaded with OCP directives, it's not Lewis who tells us RoboCop has changed (though she definitely notices); the warning instead comes from some scientist we barely know.
-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Last edited by eastx; 08-15-2016 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:16 AM   #533
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2014

I also enjoy Robocop 2. Robocop 3 however is just plain bad.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:00 AM   #534
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Robo 2 is a blast. Sucks we didn't get a 3 with Weller taking out the Old Man finally.
Thanks given by:
Pike Bishop (08-15-2016), Trav606 (08-15-2016)
Old 08-15-2016, 04:26 PM   #535
Special Member

Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY

I don't care what anyone tells me. Robocop 2 will always be a classic to me for just this scene alone. Just one of many movie clips from classic action movies that my younger brother and I would rewind on our VCR and play over and over again (We were 6 and 4 years old when Robo 2 was made).

Howard Dean scream FTW

Thanks given by:
WhySoBlu? (08-15-2016)
Old 08-15-2016, 05:23 PM   #536
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
Watsonville, California

I'd love a RoboCop 2: Special Edition with a brand new transfer and comprehensive extras. But sadly a commentary can't be made with the late great Irvin Kershner.
I'm glad Weller made Naked Lunch instead of RoboCop 3. Reading the alternative Frank Miller RoboCop 2 and 3 comics makes me wish we got those as movies instead.
Also wanting Criterion to release their own RoboCop with all legacy features would be nice. No matter what I'll be keeping the MGM Remastered Blu-ray disc, custom cover by Nissen I think, and 20th Anniversary Steelbook DVD.
Not much of any great desire to own RoboCop 3 or RoboCop 2014. To me RoboCop and RoboCop 2 are the ones worth owning. Less said from me about RoboCop: Prime Directives, TV Series, Alpha Commando, the better.
My Complete Collection <- Always being Updated.

Last edited by Ray_Rogers; 08-15-2016 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:43 PM   #537
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2012
co.cork ireland

Robocop 3 might be terrible but it was still a good performance by Robert Burke.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:57 PM   #538
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Robo 3 is not A Good Movie but I like to give it a spin every now and again. Just getting Basil back on scoring duties is enough for me. For all the talk of these sequels not being Frank Miller's "true vision" etc etc I read the Robo 2 comic and was amazed at how much of it is actually spread across Robo 2 and 3 as they stand, especially the latter.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:42 PM   #539

May 2013

The Robo sequels were always a mixed bag for me. Some of Robo 2 I like, but a lot I don't like. I didn't like Hob or Duffy's death scene. I felt a lot of the story shifted away from RoboCop and focussed more on the corruption of OCP. The violence I think is a step up towards the first in ways but I feel it becomes the focus too much, you know?? Robo 3 I don't think is 'as' bad as people make it out to be. Yes its definitely the weaker of the bunch but for a cheesy 90s action flick its not bad. Better than Batman and Robin anyways. At least some of the story shifted somewhat back to Robo and really showcases his duty to protect the innocent (pun intended). The relationship with Dr. Lazurus as well as Lewis' death showcase more of the man in the machine so to speak. However, you can tell its being aimed for kids at this point. Huge cutback on curse words and gore, Robo is fighting a robot ninja instead of big bad robots, the weapon arm which was somewhat cool, and of course the jet pack ohh sorry 'flight pack'. Obviously having Peter Weller absent from 3 is a letdown but Burke I think served justice in the role in part 3 and of course Basil back as composer. The original for me will always be a masterpiece. Great acting, effects, and story. A magical piece of the '80s!
Thanks given by:
eastx (08-16-2016)
Old 08-16-2016, 12:26 AM   #540

Sep 2015
Greater Vancouver, B.C.

If RoboCop 3 had an isolated score, maybe then I would've wanted to watch my DVD.

But on the subject of RoboCop 2, I like a lot more in it than I don't. MagnaVolt, RoboCain, RoboCop's crazy "designed-by-committee" directives, the hot-headed Mayor of Detroit, even the minimal performance from Peter Weller when RoboCop is confronted by his wife's lawyer, you can see how much it pains him to have to deny his humanity and leave his wife behind.
And say what you will about Hob, but that was an excellent child performance.
The Greatest Non-Canon Street Fighter
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America